Revolut Premium Review
Thinking about a Revolut Premium account? We find out if it's worth the money.
Revolut has taken the finance world by storm over the past few years and today is one of most valued fintech start-ups in Europe.
In this article, we take a look at Revolut Premium account to see how it stacks up next to the Standard ‘freemium’ experience and the Revolut Metal.
Currency conversion fee
Key featuresRevolut Premium is the digital bank’s mid-tier account offering. It comes with all of the features of Revolut Standard as well as additional perks and higher limits.
Here are the main features:
- UK and IBAN account
- Exchange in 30 fiat currencies for no monthly limit (the limit is €1,000 for Standard)
- No fees on ATM withdrawals up to €400 per month (up from €200 per month with Standard)
- A range of included insurance covers including overseas medical insurance, delayed baggage and delayed flight insurance and winter sports coverage
- Exclusive card designs plus free express delivery
- Priority customer support
- Disposable virtual cards so you can shop securely online
- LoungeKey Pass access plus free lounge passes for you and a friend if your flight is delayed by more than an hour
- Unlimited cross-border transfers plus transfers at no cost.
Fees and limits
Keep in mind with following fees which come with Revolut Premium:
- Monthly fee of €7.99
- An ATM fee of 2% of you go over the monthly withdrawal limit of €400 per month
- Unlimited free foreign currency transfers
If you travel frequently or transfer a lot of money abroad, this card may be worth considering. The included insurances are especially useful as they’re active constantly, so you won’t need to sign up for a new policy each time.
However, if you aren’t going to use the extra perks available then you may not get enough value from the card for the €7.99 monthly fee.
You can check out our in-depth review of all Revolut’s accounts, including Standard, here.
How to sign up
You can open an account with Revolut in a matter of minutes from your smartphone. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you will need to register and verify your identity. You can do this by providing a valid form of ID and snapping a selfie.
Once you’re verified, you’ll need to add funds to your account. You will need to wait for your physical card to be delivered but you can use your virtual cards as soon as you have money available in your account.