Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Review: Paysera international money transfers
Quick, easy international payments, with little or no transfer fees to other Paysera accounts.
Paysera is an inexpensive option when you’re sending money between Paysera accounts, but be wary of the high number of negative reviews online.
Paysera offers businesses the convenience of syncing an e-shop with its checkout system, connecting you with more than 180 countries. While handy for businesses, its personal money transfer service is more limited.
Make a money transfer to a Paysera account for free
Paysera has catered to international businesses and individuals since 2004. Anyone with a personal Paysera account can transfer funds to another Paysera account for free. For a small fee, you can also send money in more than 30 different currencies to a recipient’s bank account.
Businesses can benefit from Paysera’s streamlined purchasing process, especially when working with international customers.
You won’t pay a fee to transfer money between Paysera accounts. When sending funds to a bank account or an e-wallet system, your cost will vary depending on your currency and the speed of the transfer.
For example, to send money to your family in the US, you’ll pay a flat fee of €7. For personal account holders, there is no fee for transferring money to other countries within the European Economic Area unless an urgent or instant transfer is required.
Paysera can save you money with its competitive exchange rates. It posts these rates alongside the mid-market rate so you can compare the exchange, usually within a 1% margin.
What types of transfers does Paysera support?
Paysera provides one-off transfers, as well as business solutions. Fund your transfer using your debit card, or make a purchase through the Paysera checkout system.
Personal money transfers
- One-off transfers
- Payments via POS and mobile e-shop systems. Use Paysera’s convenient checkout system for mobile and physical POS locations with the Paysera Visa card.
- Event ticketing. Sell tickets to an event. Create, manage and edit your event at any time.
- Mass payments. Make mass payments in real time with Paysera’s API.
Pros and cons
- Speedy transfer deliveries. In many cases, your recipient can access their funds within minutes. Even the slowest delivery speeds can be quicker than most competitors.
- Low, even free, transfer fees. When you transfer money between Paysera accounts, it’s free. Fees to other accounts are low compared with other transfer services.
- Manage business revenue with Paysera checkout. More than 5,000 e-shops currently use Paysera’s checkout method.
- Negative reviews. A quick Google search shows quite a few negative reviews.
- Limited transfer options. Send money from your bank account or between Paysera accounts only.
- Limited customer service. Customer support in Ireland is limited to filling out an online form or calling an overseas number.
How do I send money through Paysera?
To start your first transfer:
- Register for a free account on Paysera’s website.
- If transferring to another Paysera account, enter the recipient’s email address, phone number and Paysera account number, along with the amount you’d like to transfer. If transferring to a bank account, enter the amount you’d like to transfer and your recipient’s account information.
- Fund your money transfer with your Paysera account or a debit card.
When you initiate a transfer between Paysera accounts, funds are available within minutes. For transfers to other accounts, your transfer may take from one to three business days.
Paysera offers several business features, but personal services in Ireland are limited. To find the best deal for your individual situation, be sure to compare other international money transfer services like the ones below.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Revolut Premium vs Revolut Standard
We compare Revolut Standard and Revolut Premium side by side to help you decide which account is right for you.
The UK-based CurrencyTransfer platform lets you compare and select the best money transfer rates.
Switching banks in Ireland
Fancy switching banks? Let your new bank help you make the switch to a new bank account.
How to buy stock in Snowflake (SNOW) in Ireland
Learn how to invest in Snowflake in Ireland.
Saxo Markets Review
Saxo Markets offers different trading accounts with varied pricing tiers to suit your investment needs.
YFI cryptocurrency: How it works and where to buy
Learn more about the YFI cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Neat Business review
Learn how Neat works in Ireland and what your business stand to gain with their e-payments platform.
FreshBooks discount codes and coupons December 2020 | 60% off for the first 3 months
Grab a promo code and cut costs on innovative accounting solutions at FreshBooks today.
WorldFirst World Account for online sellers
Read our guide to the WorldFirst World Account for online sellers, including info on supported currencies, fees and how to open an account.
TransferWise account for e-commerce sellers review
Receive payments in five local currencies and convert them to dozens of others using one account.
Ask an Expert