This article contains links to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive a commission when you click or make a purchase using our site. Learn more about how we make money.
Review: Moneycorp online money transfers – December 2020
Make international transfers, or partner your business with Moneycorp to offer foreign exchange services.
Individuals can choose from several types of transfers to get their money abroad, while businesses can become a Moneycorp partner and extend foreign exchange services to their customers in addition their existing products.
Get your money overseas, at a cost
Whether you’re buying property overseas or sending money to friends and family, Moneycorp can send your money where you need it at a competitive rate with all the help you want. With its free expert guidance, Moneycorp can help you save money by using its experience, market knowledge, technology and focus to get you the most competitive exchange rates.
While Moneycorp offers a lower margin than many banks, you might pay a little more than some online services. Funds will be converted to GBP when a payment is made to Moneycorp from Ireland, and you’re charged for it. Converting a currency twice doesn’t make much sense when there’s a host of money transfer companies available in Ireland, and you’ll pay extra for this two-step process.
What are Moneycorp’s exchange rates?
Exchange rates are typically 3 to 4% better than high street banks, which could equate to a saving of up to EUR€4,000 on an overseas transfer of EUR€100,000.
Moneycorp’s exchange rates are based on the mid-market rate and fluctuate over a general business day. Moneycorp adds its own 1% to 1.2% margin on the mid-market rate.
Make note that the rates quoted by its online calculator are the mid-market rates, not the rate you’ll pay. Even with the small margin Moneycorp adds to this rate, you’ll get a much better rate than you’ll find at your local bank.
How much will it cost to send money with Moneycorp?
Moneycorp charges a flat fee of about GBP£5 (or the currency equivalent) for standard one-off transfers and GBP£9 (or the currency equivalent) for express service.
What types of transfers can I make?
With Moneycorp, you have a few solid options when sending money overseas:
- One-off payments. You can send spot transfers online from a minimum of GBP£50 or the currency equivalent.
- Recurring payments. You can set up regular weekly, monthly or quarterly payments by locking in a rate or choosing to get the rate at the time of the transfer. You’ll need to transfer GBP£250 or more (or the currency equivalent) to qualify for recurring payments.
- Forward contracts. This tool allows you to lock in an exchange rate for up to two years in advance of your transfer.
- Market orders. Specify the rate you want to pay, and Moneycorp will execute your transfer when the market hits it.
Your options for transferring money also come with speed options. Standard delivery is 2 to 4 days, or up to 2 days for express delivery.
Pros and cons of using Moneycorp
- Competitive exchange rates. Moneycorp offers bank-beating exchange rates.
- Customer service. Moneycorp earned a 5 star rating with feefo.
- You can transfer money anytime, anywhere. Moneycorp is available online 24 hours a day.
- No maximum. Transfer as much as you need.
- Double currency conversion. Your euros will first be transferred into GBP before finally being transferred to your target currency and you’ll be charged for it. Converting a currency twice doesn’t make much sense when there’s a host of other money transfer companies available in Ireland.
- You can’t transfer to all countries. For example, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam and the Philippines are excluded from Moneycorp.
- Setup can be complicated. The need for ID and phone verification adds time. However, transactions are more secure as a result.
- Calculator’s rate is not the rate you’ll pay. Moneycorp’s online calculator uses mid-market rates that don’t accurately reflect the rate you’ll ultimately get.
Compare Moneycorp to other money transfer services
How do I transfer money with Moneycorp?
To use Moneycorp, you must first register for an account. Follow these steps to get started:
Step 1. Head over to Moneycorp’s website and click “Open a personal account.”
Step 2. Enter your name and email address
Step 3. Create a username and password.
Step 4. Fill out your personal information.
Including your address, phone number and currency requirements. Click Verify my details.
Step 5. Verify who you are
Upload proof of ID and proof of address. After you upload your documents, a representative will be in touch with you to set up your account and answer any questions you might have.
Moneycorp is a secure service that offers options for transferring money overseas, but its transfer times aren’t the speediest. As with any service, be sure to compare your options before making a decision.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
The UK-based CurrencyTransfer platform lets you compare and select the best money transfer rates.
EUR to GBP exchange rate
EUR to GBP Exchange Rate
EUR to THB Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Thai Baht. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to THB.
EUR to SEK Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Swedish Krona. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to SEK.
EUR to RON Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Romanian Leu. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to RON.
EUR to PKR Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Pakistani Rupee. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to PKR.
EUR to PHP exchange rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Philippine Peso. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to PHP.
EUR to PLN Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Polish Zloty. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to PLN.
EUR to NGN Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Nigeria Naira. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to NGN.
EUR to CHF Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Swiss Franc. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to CHF.
Ask an Expert