Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Review: Moneycorp online seller account
A multi-currency account to help your ecommerce business expand across Europe and the USA.
What's in this guide?
How does the Moneycorp multi-currency account work?
The Moneycorp multi-currency account is designed to help online sellers expand their business in Europe and the USA.
It allows you to sell items on 14 online marketplaces and receive payment in euros or US dollars – your account comes with a virtual EUR IBAN and a US Routing Number.
This makes it quicker and more affordable to access revenue from overseas sales, then transfer your money into a bank account of your choosing. You can use your Moneycorp online seller account to pay suppliers and invoices in more than 40 different currencies. As Moneycorp is based in the UK, it’s also possible to convert your earnings into GBP within your account.
The Moneycorp multi-currency account is compatible with the following online marketplaces:
- Galeries Lafayette
- Groupon SARL
- Rue Du Commerce
Other key features include 24/7 account access, a dedicated account manager and text and email rate alerts.
Why should I use this instead of PayPal?
PayPal is a popular payment option for online shoppers. However, if you’re an online seller, you should be aware of the additional costs that come with managing your sales revenue through PayPal:
- Payment fees apply. When you sell something, you need to pay a fee. When the sale is a PayPal Wallet transaction, this fee is 3.4% + €0.35 for international payments.
- Currency conversion fees apply. When you’re paid in a currency other than euros and you want to withdraw those funds to your linked bank account, PayPal converts them to EUR at a rate 3.25% above its base exchange rate.
And if you want to use your PayPal account to send an international payment, you should also be aware that PayPal’s exchange rates typically aren’t as good as those offered by specialist money transfer services.
Using a Moneycorp Online Seller Account instead of PayPal could save your business money.
Moneycorp multi-currency account fees
It’s a little difficult to find information about the fees that apply to the Moneycorp Online Seller Account. However, if you do a little digging you’ll find that Moneycorp charges a fixed 0.75% fee on all foreign currency exchanges.
Same-currency payments from the account don’t attract any fees.
How do I set up a Moneycorp multi-currency account for my ecommerce store?
You can register for a Moneycorp online currency account by completing a few simple steps.
Registering as a company
In a nutshell
- Integrated with 14 online marketplaces. The Moneycorp multi-currency account can be linked with 14 online marketplaces, including major players like Amazon and eBay.
- Dedicated account manager. When you open an account, you’re assigned a dedicated account manager to help manage your transactions and answer any queries you may have.
- Competitive exchange rates. When you want to convert your sales revenue into another currency, the exchange rates offered by Moneycorp are superior to those of the major banks.
- 24/7 payments. You can send and receive international payments from your account whenever you want, thanks to 24-hour online access.
- Only supports a limited number of currencies. While the Moneycorp multi-currency account allows you to hold three currencies, some other multi-currency accounts from different providers support 10 or more currencies.
How does the Moneycorp multi-currency account compare to other services?
Check out how the features and fees of the Moneycorp multi-currency account stack up against the competition in the table below.
More guides on Finder
Manuka Doctor discount codes and coupons November 2020: Extra 20% off squeezy Manuka
Grab a discount code and cut costs on honey-based skincare, supplements and more online at Manuka Doctor.
Simply Supplements discount codes November 2020 | 50% off daily deal
Grab a discount code and cut costs on dietary and immune system-boosting supplements online at Simply Supplements.
Revolut Premium vs Revolut Standard
We compare Revolut Standard and Revolut Premium side by side to help you decide which account is right for you.
The UK-based CurrencyTransfer platform lets you compare and select the best money transfer rates.
Switching banks in Ireland
Fancy switching banks? Let your new bank help you make the switch to a new bank account.
Namecheap discount codes and coupons November 2020 | Up to 72% off web security products
Get your dream domain name at Namecheap. It offers easy to use, affordable domain name hosting.
InMotion promo codes November 2020: Get 33% off
Grab a promo code and cut costs on innovative web hosting solutions at InMotion today.
Saxo Markets Review
Saxo Markets offers different trading accounts with varied pricing tiers to suit your investment needs.
Bancor Network (BNT): How it works and where to buy it
Learn more about the BNT cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Neat Business review
Learn how Neat works in Ireland and what your business stand to gain with their e-payments platform.
Ask an Expert