How to send money to Luxembourg
What you'll need to know when sending money to Luxembourg.
Between banks and online transfer companies, you may be wondering what the best option is when you’re looking to send money to Luxembourg. Since Luxembourg uses the euro, you’ll have plenty of services to choose from. Our guide will help you decide which service to go with.
Compare money transfer services to Luxembourg
How do international money transfers work?
International money transfers involve converting one currency into another. For transfers from Ireland to Luxembourg, this won’t involve conversion because they both use European euros (EUR). You can do this online, over the phone or in person by using your debit card or cash. Your recipient can receive their funds as a bank transfer or as cash, and the process is generally quite fast–usually completed within a handful of days.
How do I compare transfer companies when sending money to Luxembourg?
While money transfer companies tend to rate better than banks in the field of international fund transfers, not all are equal. When comparing your options, pay attention to these factors:
- Exchange rate and fees. A money transfer company may offer highly competitive exchange rates, but it may also charge high fees to compensate for the savings. The reverse holds true as well. This is why you should look at how much money the recipient will receive at the end of the transfer.
- Ways to send money. The most financially viable option might not be the most convenient. Most banks and some money transfer companies let you send money to Luxembourg in person at a branch office. Some of these businesses let you transfer funds over the phone. You can also find money transfer companies that offer their services through the Internet.
- Ways to receive money. The recipient can get money directly into a Luxembourgian bank account. Another option is to collect the transferred money by visiting a cash pickup location.
- Turnaround time. The quickest way to send money to Luxembourg is to get the recipient to collect money at a cash pickup location. These transfers can happen almost instantly. If you’re transferring money to a Luxembourgian bank account, the turnaround time depends on the transfer company you use.
- Using the same bank. If you and the recipient have accounts with the same bank, using its services to transfer funds can be to your advantage. This would be through reduced fees and a quicker turnaround time.
- Minimum amounts. Some money transfer companies have minimum transfer limits.
- Transfer options. If you plan on sending money to Luxembourg periodically, look for a company that lets you make scheduled payments. Some also offer forward contracts, which allows you to lock in an ideal exchange rate now and transfer the money later.
- Customer service. If you need to contact a company representative for any reason you should be able to do so online as well as over the phone.
How do I send money from Ireland to Luxembourg?
Although you can use a bank to complete your transfer, you’ll likely save money by going with a dedicated money transfer company. You can find one in the table above to start the application process.
- Once you’ve found a company you’d like to go through, click Go to Site.
- Enter your and your recipient’s personal information.
- Save your tracking number to make sure your transfer goes smoothly.
After your recipient confirms that they’ve received their funds, your transaction is complete. That’s all it takes to send money from Ireland to Luxembourg.
Tips for picking up cash in Luxembourg.
Luxembourg has a low crime rate, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be safe when you’re picking up cash. Bring someone along with you and never take out large amounts of cash in public. Move your money into a bank account or safe as soon as possible to avoid the possibility of being stolen from. At the end of the day, your safety is key, so be aware of your surroundings when carrying around money.
Same-day cash transfers in Luxembourg
Same-day cash transfers are possible, but they will generally net you hefty fees. If you can avoid making a same-day transfer, you and your recipient will save money so consider that instead.
More guides on Finder
The UK-based CurrencyTransfer platform lets you compare and select the best money transfer rates.
EUR to THB Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Thai Baht. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to THB.
EUR to PKR Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Pakistani Rupee. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to PKR.
EUR to PHP exchange rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Philippine Peso. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to PHP.
EUR to PLN Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Polish Zloty. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to PLN.
EUR to HUF Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Hungarian Forint. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to HUF.
EUR to HKD exchange rate
Live exchange rates US dollar to Hong Kong Dollar. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to HKD.
EUR to CZK exchange rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Czech Koruna. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to CZK.
EUR to NZD exchange rate
Live exchange rates Euro to New Zealand Dollar. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to NZD.
EUR to CNY Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Chinese Yuan Renminbi. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to CNY.
Ask an Expert