Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to send money to Kiribati
The best ways to send money from Ireland to Kiribati.
Money transfers are a fact of life for many people. If you make frequent transfers to Kiribati, you’ll want to compare your options and find a service that keeps your costs low while allowing you to send more to your loved one in Kiribati. And since the Kiribati dollar is pegged to the Australian dollar, you’ll have plenty of options when you’re looking to send money overseas.
Compare international money transfers to Kiribati
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Banks vs money transfer companies
While your bank may be your first choice when it comes to making money transfers, it may not be the best choice. Banks often charge high fees and offer low exchange rates, making them a poor choice when you’re looking to send money to Kiribati.
Money transfer companies, on the other hand, offer much better deals for most people. Fees tend to be lower, exchange rates more favorable and transfer times faster. You can find multiple companies that will convert Australian dollars at good rates, so take the time to compare your options and find one that offers you the best deal.
What ways can I send money to Kiribati from Ireland?
- Specialist transfer providers. There are several providers that make EUR-AUD transfers, but make sure that you check and see if it will send Australian dollars to a recipient in Kiribati.
- Cash pickup transfer companies. Cash pickup allows your recipient to quickly collect cash from one of many agent locations. However, they do run the risk of being stolen from if you send a large amount of money.
- Bank transfers. Bank-to-bank transfers to Kiribati may be possible, but you will likely face high fees and a less optimal exchange rate.
- International checks. Sending an international guaranteed check is a slow and potentially expensive option, but it is a common option.
Foreign exchange rates explainedExchange rate is the amount you’ll get when you trade one currency for another. The Kiribati dollar is pegged to the Australian dollar, which means these are of equal value. So when you’re sending money to Kiribati, you’ll only need to calculate the exchange rate between EUR and AUD. This amount can fluctuate, so it pays to keep tabs on it and send money when your European euros will yield more Australian dollars.
How do I send money to Kiribati?
- Pick a provider from the table above by comparing exchange rates and fees.
- Create an account with the provider by entering your personal information.
- Start a transaction, enter your recipient’s information and select how much you want to send.
- Pay for your transfer and save the tracking number.
Same-day transfers to Kiribati
There are companies that allow you to send money to Kiribati quickly without charing exorbitant fees. Companies like WorldRemit offer quick transfers that won’t break the bank, and you may even be able to score a decent exchange rate. However, take a little extra time to compare your options and find a provider that meets all your criteria. Don’t let a rush stop you from getting a good deal.
Tips for picking up cash in Kiribati
Picking up cash from a transfer provider can make you a target for thieves, so keep a few simple safety tips in mind when collecting funds:
- Don’t go alone — ask a friend to join you.
- Don’t pick up cash in any area where you don’t feel safe.
- Don’t display your cash in public.
- Don’t carry funds around with you for any longer than you need to.
Kiribati may be a small country, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have options when you want to send money to a loved one. Because it uses the Australian dollar, you’ll have multiple choices when it comes to comparing rates and fees. And if you’re not quite sure how the process works, our in-depth guide on money transfers should help you navigate the details.
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Didi Chuxing IPO from Ireland
Everything we know about the Didi Chuxing IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Review: Ulster Bank international money transfers
A detailed review of the exchange rates, fees and processing times for Ulster Bank international money transfers.
How to buy Roblox (RBLX) stock from Ireland
Roblox is set to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from Ireland.
How to invest in the Deliveroo IPO from Ireland
Deliveroo is set to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from Ireland.
Wise (TransferWise) Multi-Currency Account review
Convert funds and make payments overseas with the Wise debit card.
Investing in cannabis stocks in Ireland
Top stocks and ETFs to consider for those in Ireland who are ready to invest in cannabis.
How to buy Databricks stock in Ireland when it goes public
Here’s everything we know so far about the Databricks IPO.
The UK-based CurrencyTransfer platform lets you compare and select the best money transfer rates.
EUR to GBP exchange rate
EUR to GBP Exchange Rate
EUR to THB Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Thai Baht. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to THB.
Ask an Expert