So you want to send money to Greece, but aren’t sure where to start? We’ve got you covered. At Finder Ireland, we understand that you want to find the most convenient and affordable money transfer services to send money to Greece – the real trick lies in figuring out how to find the best deal. We’ve compiled this handy guide to help you do just that. You can check the list below for the names of the lenders and providers offering money transfer services to Greece.
Send money to Greece with XE
XE has fast transfers with low fees and a range of foreign currency tools.
- Send money to 170+ countries
- Competitive exchange rates that are often better than banks
- Transfer up to $500,000 online
- See exchange rates in real-time
Compare international money transfers to Greece
What’s the best way to send money to Greece?
Online services will often be the cheapest and fastest way to send money to Greece. Some will let you send money straight to Greek bank accounts, while others will help you deliver cash for pickup.
Digital money transfer services
Companies like XE, Azimo and CurrencyFair are fantastic ways to send money to Greece thanks to competitive fees and strong exchange rates.
Cash transfer specialists like WorldRemit, MoneyGram and Western Union can all handle your transfer to Greece but WorldRemit might come out cheaper than the others.
Banks will almost always be more expensive than money transfer specialists, so keep this in mind when getting a quote from your bank. You’ll certainly want to compare the quote your bank gives you to money transfer companies to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
How to get the most out of your money transfer to Greece
Weight costs and fees against convenience to best compare money transfer providers that send to Greece. Consider:
Back to top
- Transaction fees. Look at the fees that will apply to your transaction and remember that many providers will waive their fees if you send a certain amount of money (usually around €10,000).
- Transfer methods. Whether you want money sent to a bank account in Greece or to be picked up as cash at a local agent, narrow down a company that matches your preferred delivery method.
- Transfer limits. How much you can send varies by company, and different amounts can attract high or lower fees. Shop around for the best deal on the amount of Euros you’re sending to Greece.
- Turnaround. Transferring money through a local bank can take a business week or longer. If you need the funds delivered to Greece quickly, seek out a digital specialist that offers instant transfers.
- Sending limits. Comparing prices for one large transfer instead of many small transfers is typically easier, so picking the service you use based on how much you’re sending is a valid strategy for saving money.
- Customer service. Make sure to pick a company with 24/7 customer service and a proven commitment to customer satisfaction.
How to send an emergency cash transfer
When urgency trumps cost to get your money to Greece quickly, look for money transfer companies that support cash pickup in minutes. You can pay with a credit or debit card for fast pickup, but fees are higher than other methods.
How to send money to Greece without a bank account
If you don’t have a bank account, you can still use cash transfer services to send money to Greece. Similarly, a recipient can get the money with a cash transfer if they don’t have a bank account. These services are widely available around the world and although they’ll typically not be the cheapest available, they can be fast and convenient.
Sending your hard-earned money to Greece shouldn’t cost a fortune in fees, so taking a few minutes to compare your options is a good strategy to save money. For transfers to other countries, rely on our country-specific guides the next time you need to make a transfer.Back to top