Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy ICON (ICX) in Ireland
Learn how to buy ICON (ICX) on 16+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy ICON (ICX) on a cryptocurrency exchange like FTX. These specialised marketplaces allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. ICON (ICX) is a South Korean network launched in 2017. Here's how to buy ICON.
How to buy ICON in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy ICON is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an account
To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit € using the payment method that best suits you – credit card, wire transfer, silvergate exchange network (sen) and signature signet payments are widely accepted.
You can now exchange your funds for ICON. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your ICON to your personal wallet.
Where to buy ICON in Ireland
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade ICX by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy ICON?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in Ireland to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy ICON?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading ICON.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing ICX with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy ICON with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy ICX with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy ICX on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase ICX by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for ICX on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy ICON?
The easiest way to buy ICX is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying ICX, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of ICON has been performing recently.
Best ICON wallets to store your ICX
You can keep your ICX on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is ICON a good investment?
As with all investments, there are inherent risk factors that must be considered before adding ICX to your wallet:
- Ownership. ICON is operated by a company called ICONLOOP, which was formed in a joint venture between several Korean universities and the DAYLI Financial Group.
- Adoption. ICON’s goal to create a blockchain-based hub for a huge range of services has a very clear real-world use case. However, such an objective means that global adoption of ICON is pivotal to its success. For ICON to take off, its presence must extend beyond Korean businesses and individuals.
- dApp development. The ICON network allows for the development of dApps using its smart contract protocol called SCORE (Smart Contract on Reliable Network). Following upcoming third-party projects being released on ICON is a good way to track the development and growing use-cases of the network.
Additional information about ICON can be found using our ICX analysis tools.
Today's ICON price versus ATH
Compare today's price of ICON ($0.233602 USD) against its all-time-high price of $2020-01-03T02:14:53.139Z USD on 01 January 1970. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer ICX is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: January 03, 2020
ICON ATH: $13.16
How to trade, convert or sell ICONYou can convert or sell your ICX with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ICX on.
- If you store your ICON in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of ICX you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of ICON.
- Complete your transaction and move your ICX to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including ICON, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of ICX is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the ICON or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH (CBETH) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CBETH.
EthereumPoW (ETHW) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ETHW.
Wrapped Terra Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Wrapped Terra Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
tBTC (TBTC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy tBTC, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on TBTC.
Shping (SHPING) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Shping, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SHPING.
Pawtocol (UPI) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Pawtocol, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on UPI.
Orca (ORCA) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Orca, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ORCA.
Moss Carbon Credit (MCO2) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Moss Carbon Credit, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MCO2.
Maple (MPL) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Maple, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MPL.
Measurable Data (MDT) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Measurable Data, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MDT.
Ask an Expert