Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Ireland
A beginner's guide to buying and selling HNC in Ireland.
How to buy HNC Coin
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying HNC Coin.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports HNC.
Unfortunately, at this time no major exchanges in Ireland offer HNC, but you may be able to purchase it with another cryptocurrency. Just be sure to follow all legal restrictions and requirements.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy HNC Coin.
- Buy HNC Coin.
Complete your HNC Coin purchase and then find the best wallet to store HNC.
What is HNC Coin?
Launched in 2015, Hellenic Coin Revolution is a blockchain that was initially designed to capitalise on the Greek debt crisis. The associated coin, HNC, was offered to international companies that wanted to invest in the Greek tourism sector. By using HNC, investors could avoid the depreciating Greek currency. According to the Hellenic Coin whitepaper, over the last 6 years, the project has developed further and is now focused on becoming the first “usable” digital currency that is fit for merchants and consumers on a global scale. The project aims to market the native HNC token as a trusted means of payment for goods and services globally. HNC tokens can be transferred to any user worldwide in 1 minute, which is significantly faster than the 10 minutes Bitcoin (BTC) requires. HNC is designed to be a dual-purpose currency, meaning it can be used as a payment tool but also treated as an investment asset. HNC aims to specifically target sectors such as tourism, with customers and merchants being incentivised to use the coin through cashback rewards.
HNC Coin (HNC) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies in the world by market cap. The current price of HNC Coin is $1.26, which is -3.216% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $1.31 and $1.25 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 26, 2021 09:10 UTC.
Where to buy HNC Coin
Unfortunately, at this time no major exchanges in Ireland offer this coin. However, you may be able to purchase it with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
HNC Coin at a glance
|Total HNC supply||93,614,013|
|All time high||US$4.84|
HNC Coin price performance over time
How to sell HNC Coin
You can cash out your HNC with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have HNC on.
If you store your HNC Coin in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of HNC you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of HNC Coin.
What to consider when buying HNC CoinDespite being launched in 2015, HNC is yet to be used as a common payment tool. Before using the coin as a payment method or purchasing it as an investment, it is important to consider some key factors:
- HNC as a payment method. Hellenic Coins are designed to be used as a payment tool in 3 different ways. Customers can send payments in HNC from exchange accounts, or wallets, directly to a payment address; customers can utilise HNC through the integration of ATMs in Greek and European markets; and customers can use HNC via integration with prepaid Mastercard and Visa cards, which allow users to exchange HNC into fiat currencies.
- Rewards. Hellenic Coin plans on launching a reward program that acts as an incentive to use HNC for purchases. This may increase adoption in the future
- Liquidity. As of July 2021, the 24-hour transaction volume was less than $50,000. This is low in comparison to more popular altcoins. Low volume infers low liquidity, which may influence how difficult it is to buy and sell the token at a stable price.
- Supply. The total supply of HNC is capped at 100 million tokens. At the time of writing, the current circulating supply is 93 million.
Hellenic Coin (HNC) in news
Robinhood shares tank 10% after crypto revenue falls by three quarters
Latin America, Tipping Point: Bitcoin Beach Brazil, Colombia ATMs, Mining Arg
Bitcoin, Gravity And Universal Connection
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including HNC Coin, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of HNC is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the HNC Coin or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
Ask an Expert