Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy ApeCoin (APE) in Ireland
Learn how to buy ApeCoin (APE) on 19+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
ApeCoin (APE) is the 43rd largest cryptocurrency by market cap, valued at US$1,524,301,472.
ApeCoin is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today APE is trading for $4.13 USD, which is lower than yesterday's trading price of $4.32 USD. Over the past year, ApeCoin's price has seen a decrease of -66%.
So before you buy ApeCoin, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal and tax status here in Ireland.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of trading platforms like Okcoin you can use to buy ApeCoin.
How to buy ApeCoin in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy ApeCoin is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an account
To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit € using the payment method that best suits you – credit card, neteller, sofort and cryptocurrency payments are widely accepted.
You can now exchange your funds for ApeCoin. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your ApeCoin to your personal wallet.
Where to buy ApeCoin in Ireland
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade APE by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this ApeCoin guide up-to-date
- APE price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- ApeCoin performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
- Key information on coins and how to buy them is regularly reviewed by our editorial team of James Edwards, Frank Corva and Billy Endres.
- Our coin coverage and exchange information is regularly reviewed by our publishing experts Louise Vinciguerra and Molly Wiltshire-Bridle.
How do I find the best places to buy ApeCoin?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in Ireland to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy ApeCoin?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading ApeCoin.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing APE with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy ApeCoin?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy APE with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to buy APE:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase APE by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for APE on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy ApeCoin?
The easiest way to buy APE is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying APE, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of ApeCoin has been performing recently.
Best ApeCoin wallets to store your APE
You can keep your APE on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your APE below.
Ledger Nano X Wallet
Trezor Model T Wallet
SafePal S1 Wallet
See more of the best crypto wallets
Recent ApeCoin developments
March 17, 2022: ApeCoin launches on major exchanges, first seeing a major dip in price but then a slow recovery. ApeCoin's connection to the ApeCoin DAO will help guide its future depending on how the community votes.
Is ApeCoin a good investment?
Because ApeCoin is directly tied to the Bored Ape Yacht Club and Mutant Ape Yacht Club NFT ecosystems, price swings in these NFTs could lead to similar price swings in ApeCoin. Yuga Labs endorsed ApeCoin but did not create it, instead it is controlled and created by the ApeCoin DAO. Before buying ApeCoin, take into account that:
- Airdrop release: To release the token, ApeCoin was airdropped as a reward to holders of all Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs. Those with NFTs held within their wallet were able to access a proportionate share of APE tokens for free. Within 24 hours, over 100 million APE had been claimed by NFT owners. The success of the airdrop mirrors the popularity of the Bored Ape NFT collection, which sold out within 10 hours in 2021.
- Wide range of utility: The ApeCoin will initially be used for governance within the ApeDAO. However, the token will also be used as a basic payment system for Web3 projects built within the BAYC ecosystem and can be used by token holders to access unique Bored Ape ecosystem products without needing to buy an NFT from a secondary marketplace. The coin, therefore, may lower the barrier to entry for investors that have been interested in the BAYC NFT project. In addition to lowering the barrier to entry, APE will form the economic backbone of multiple play-to-earn games, including Animoca’s Benji Bananas. Impressively, its utility has already translated across to the real world with a Florida-based brewery, SaltWater, confirming that the company will accept and offer discounts for those using the ApeCoin cryptocurrency to buy food and drinks.
- Tokenomics. There is a maximum supply of 1 billion APE tokens. Of this, 15% has been allocated to Bored Ape NFT holders. The vast majority (47%) will be used to fund the DAO’s treasury and operations, while the remaining tokens are split between Yuga Labs (13%), launch contributors (14%) and the Jane Goodall Legacy Foundation to protect wild apes (1%).
Additional information about ApeCoin can be found using our APE analysis tools.
Today's ApeCoin price versus ATH
Compare today's price of ApeCoin ($4.13 USD) against its all-time-high price of $26.7 USD on 28 April 2022. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer APE is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: April 28, 2022
ApeCoin ATH: $26.7
How to trade, convert or sell ApeCoinYou can convert or sell your APE with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have APE on.
- If you store your ApeCoin in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of APE you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of ApeCoin.
- Complete your transaction and move your APE to a wallet for storage.
Get started with crypto
Crypto exchanges and wallets
Learn how to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including ApeCoin, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of APE is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the ApeCoin or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy STEPN (GMT) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy STEPN, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (GMT).
Binance Coin (BNB) price prediction 2023
Read our expert analysis on Binance Coin and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Dero (DERO) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Dero, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (DERO).
How to buy Flux (FLUX) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Flux, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (FLUX).
How to buy Dogelon Mars (ELON) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Dogelon Mars, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ELON).
How to buy eCash (XEC) in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy eCash, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (XEC).
How to buy () in Ireland
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy , lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ().
Kava (KAVA) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Kava, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on KAVA.
BNB (BNB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy BNB, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BNB.