Singles Health Insurance
Get the most from your health insurance with singles options.
Whether it’s your first policy, or you’re looking to switch – there are plenty of choices when it comes to singles health insurance in Ireland.
Benefits you can choose from include private hospital treatment, dental and optical services along with a range of outpatient services and extras. What’s more, individual health insurance can ensure you get fast access to medical care. Let’s take a look.
How does singles health insurance work?
Under singles health insurance, you pay a monthly fee to your insurer: if you get sick and need a treatment which is named in your policy, your provider will pay out.
Some specific features to look out for in a policy include:
- Any policy have exclusions or benefit restrictions on treatments and services
- To what extent the policy reduces or eliminates out-of-pocket expense
- How the policy will add value with member discounts and incentives for signing up
How do you decide what kind of cover is right for you?
No matter your life stage, the right kind of health cover you need depends on your general health, your lifestyle, your income and your personal preferences. Some examples include the following:
- If you play contact sports or extreme sports, such as skiing or parasailing, your risk of injury will be higher. In this case, you may be able to claim for accident treatment with hospital cover and physical therapies with extras cover.
- If you have a physical condition such as poor eyesight or bad teeth, extras cover will be much more valuable to you. Depending on your level of cover, you may be able to claim for major dental procedures and eye therapy.
- If you are a full-time student, you may already be covered if your parents have a family health insurance policy in place.
Health insurance tips for singles
- Don’t be afraid to switch. If you find a better policy with another health fund, don’t be afraid to switch. In many cases, you can transfer your benefits and any waiting periods served to your new fund.
- Know what the excess is. Avoid policies that have both an excess and a co-payment, or you could be made to pay a lump sum on admission to hospital and then a further sum for every day you’re there.
- Don’t choose based on price alone. With health insurance for singles, you generally get the cover you pay for, so if it’s noticeably cheaper than other policies, chances are it doesn’t cover you to the same extent.
- Read and understand the policy document. This outlines the terms, conditions and any exclusions that apply to your policy. If you don’t read the fine print, you may get a nasty surprise later on if you ever need to make a claim.
What should I be looking for in a singles policy?
There are a number of reasons why you should take out private health cover you’re young and find the best health insurance for young singles.
It’s important for all Irish to choose a policy that is suited to their life stage. So if you’re a young and healthy single with no medical concerns, you may want to choose a policy that provides cover for the services you need and excludes the service you don’t use.
But how else can young singles benefit from having health insurance?
The main advantages of singles hospital insurance over the public system are that:
- You have the choice of your own doctor
- You can stay in a private room
- You may not have to join a public waiting list for some surgery
If you want access to extras that go further than in-patient care, you might choose a policy which offers a range of comprehensive services. These could include:
- Gym membership subsidies
- Remedial massage
There are a range of broader health programs available and these benefits differ from fund to fund, so make sure you review the policy before making a decision to make sure you’re getting the most out of your cover.
If you’re in the market for health insurance that covers someone other than yourself, you may want to look into child, family or joint insurance plans.
More guides on Finder
Manuka Doctor discount codes and coupons October 2020: Extra 20% off squeezy Manuka
Grab a discount code and cut costs on honey-based skincare, supplements and more online at Manuka Doctor.
Where to buy alkaline water online in Ireland
For affordable prices and convenient shipping directly to your door buy online from these stores.
Saxo Markets Review
Saxo Markets offers different trading accounts with varied pricing tiers to suit your investment needs.
Get the Label promo codes and coupons October 2020 | Extra 15% off
Get the Label has all your favourite brands at hugely discounted prices. There’s a lot to love at this onlline store.
How to sell on Instagram
Learn how to set up your shop and start selling on your Instagram posts and stories.
How to sell on Groupon
Your detailed guide to selling on Groupon.ie, including how Groupon campaigns work, the marketing tools available and what it will cost you.
How to make a face mask at home
We take a look at the issues around using a homemade mask and where you can find a reputable DIY method.
Where to buy fabric to make a face mask online
If you’re looking to make your own face mask, here’s where you can shop for fabric online.
Revolut Metal card review
Read our in-depth review of the Revolut Metal card – the benefits, the cost and everything you need to know.
Where to buy a face mask with nose wires online in Ireland
This is where you can get your hands on a face mask with built-in nose wires, no adjusting required.