Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Review: Fexco money transfers
Operating in more than 20 countries and in over 180 currencies for your bigger international money transfers.
Since being created in Ireland in 1981, Fexco has been steadily building its borderless payment system to allow personal and business customers to send money internationally using local currencies.
Expect to transfer large funds from your account into the foreign bank account of your recipient, usually on the same day for popular currencies and also save money.
Learn more about the exchange rates, fees and the delivery speed you can expect using this transfer service.
What's in this guide?
- Fexco's exchange rates and fees
- Available currencies
- What types of transfers does Fexco support?
- Which payment methods does Fexco accept?
- How long does a transfer with Fexco take?
- Is Fexco safe to use?
- How to register an account and send your first transfer
- The pros & cons of using Fexco
- How does Fexco compare to other services?
- Bottom line
- See how other services compare to Fexco
- Frequently asked questions
Fexco’s exchange rates and fees
Fexco makes its money from the €10 fee it charges for each transaction, regardless of the amount and by padding the exchange rate for a profit.
The exchange rate really depends on how much money you intend to send and where you’re sending the money to. You can typically expect to get exchange rates that are closer to the mid-market rate the more money you send. This is thanks to Fexco’s regular dealings with international banks and being able to access much better rates that individuals are unable to get on their own.
Fexco offers money transfers in over 180 different currencies including:
- JPY Japanese yen
- EUR Euro
- GBP British pound
- CHF Swiss Franc
- CAD Canadian dollar
- NZD New Zealand dollar
- USD US dollar
- PLN Polish zloty
What types of transfers does Fexco support?
With Fexco, you can only send bank to bank money transfers.
Which payment methods does Fexco accept?
You can pay for your transfer with Fexco by bank transfer or direct debit.
How long does a transfer with Fexco take?
The time it takes for your transfer to reach your recipient varies depending on what currency you actually send.
Typically, expect a transfer to take somewhere between one and two business days. While Fexco can make payments to your recipient on the same day it receives your bank transfer, the recipient’s own bank may have its own processing times.
Is Fexco safe to use?
- Security and regulation: Government-regulated
- Established: 1981
- Investors: First Data Corporation,
At the time of writing, Fexco only has 2FA set up for businesses wishing to make international money transfers. So when you log in, you’ll miss out on going through two levels of verification to access your account. Therefore, you’ll miss out on the extra protection.
Since Fexco is government-regulated, it keeps its clients’ money separate from its own funds. This means if Fexco runs into any financial difficulty in the future, your money will be safe.
How to register an account and send your first transfer
You can send money through Fexco’s website or through its call centre.
Whether you log on or call, you’ll essentially have the same process of creating an account and sending money.
The pros & cons of using Fexco
- Accepts several currencies. Fexco currently deals in more than 180 currencies.
- Quick transfers. Payments can typically be delivered on the same day for popular countries and currencies.
- Send any amount. No minimum or maximum transfer limits.
- Strong exchange rates. Get a better deal for your transfer than with the banks.
- Live chat and customer services. You can discuss your transfers before taking the plunge to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
- No hidden fees. You will be able to see the exchange rate and the foreign currency amount before going ahead with a transfer.
- Limited transfer options. You can only make bank to bank money transfers.
- Fixed fee on smaller amounts. Regardless of how little you send, there is a €10 fee for every transfer under €5,000.
- 2FA available for business customers only. Two-factor authentication is unavailable for personal money transfers.
Tracking your transfer
Although tracking is limited, once you book a currency for your money transfer, you will receive an email confirmation. Your payment will then be issued on the same day as Fexco receives your payment.
Fexco excels in transferring large amounts of money internationally and doing so quickly. It accepts more than 180 currencies and transfers to more than 29 countries. While it might be good for transferring larger sums of money, you’ll only have the option of doing so if your recipient has a bank account.
Interested in sending money overseas? Then compare the fees, rates and details of other money transfer specialists.
See how other services compare to Fexco
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Simply Supplements discount codes December 2020 | Up to 50% off sale
Grab a discount code and cut costs on dietary and immune system-boosting supplements online at Simply Supplements.
Revolut Premium vs Revolut Standard
We compare Revolut Standard and Revolut Premium side by side to help you decide which account is right for you.
Autodesk discount codes and coupons December 2020 | FREE trial
Purchase from Autodesk and have access to high-end 3D design, engineering and entertainment software.
The UK-based CurrencyTransfer platform lets you compare and select the best money transfer rates.
Switching banks in Ireland
Fancy switching banks? Let your new bank help you make the switch to a new bank account.
EUR to THB Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Thai Baht. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to THB.
EUR to PKR Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Pakistani Rupee. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to PKR.
EUR to PHP exchange rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Philippine Peso. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to PHP.
EUR to PLN Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Polish Zloty. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to PLN.
EUR to CHF Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates Euro to Swiss Franc. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to CHF.
Ask an Expert