Where to buy fashionable protective face masks online 2020
Fuse style with safety at these top online destinations.
As lockdown rules are being lifted throughout Ireland, it is becoming a mandatory requirement to wear a mask in many day-to-day scenarios outside of the home. Wearing a face mask helps to restrict the spread of the virus by catching the droplets that result when we cough or sneeze and thus, governments are deeming this a necessary measure across the globe.
While we know that standard face masks aren’t the prettiest of accessories, luckily there are a bunch of online stores that are coming up with fashion friendly protective face covering solutions. Scroll on to see where you can source a stylish, safety-conscious face mask online in Ireland.
If you’re shopping for a fun and funky face mask that offers protection without the stigma, ASOS is the perfect place to turn. Access a catalogue of contemporary colours and prints and pick out face masks you can pair with everything in your wardrobe here.
- Spend €25 or more and qualify for free standard shipping
- Create an account and curate your own ASOS wishlist
- Risk-free shopping with the free 28-day returns policy
If you’re looking for an easy and convenient shopping experience, Amazon is one of the best the world has to offer. Pick out face masks that match your personality at competitive prices and protect yourself against the threat of infection for less.
- Free shipping widely available, especially for Prime members
- Start your free 30-day trial of Prime today and unlock exclusive member perks
- Get personalised product recommendations based on previous searches and purchases
When it comes to diversity, this online destination is difficult to beat. Explore more than 310,000 fashion face masks from your favourite spot on the sofa at AliExpress and ensure your home is well prepared to prevent the spread of infection.
- Free shipping widely available
- Download the app to access daily deals and discounts
- Sign up to earn exclusive new customer coupons
When you’re trying to keep up with the latest fashion trends, you can rely on River Island to help you stay ahead of the curve. Shop for trendsetting wearable face protection and embrace this new essential accessory in your own way.
- Subscribe to the newsletter and save 10% off your online order
- Free delivery when you spend €60 or more
- Student discounts available
Create a new you at this online destination and source seriously stylish, boho inspired face masks to keep you protected when you’re out and about. At New Look, you’ll have access to all the options you need at prices that are wallet-friendly too.
- Free standard delivery when you spend €65 or more
- Risk-free shopping with free returns Ireland-wide
- Sign up to the newsletter to get the latest deals and discounts delivered to your inbox
Karen Millen is a women’s fashion label that designs luxurious pieces for style conscious women. The brand is known for its superb cuts and beautiful finishes, and for creating classy, investment pieces that never go out of style.
- Return postage is free for all items.
- Student discount is available
- Sign up to Karen Millens emails and get exclusive offers and updates.
When it comes to shopping on a shoestring, this British fashion house has you covered. Explore boohoo’s catalogue of unique and quirky patterns and pick out the face mask that you’ll be able to pair with everything.
- Three delivery options to choose from
- Sign up to the newsletter and be the first to hear about new styles and sale events
- Change of mind returns accepted within 14 days of receipt
If you’re a fashion conscious male on the lookout for a stylish and reusable face covering to keep you protected when you’re out and about, this is a one-stop shop. boohooMAN is affordable, diverse and always on-trend.
- Trackable delivery service allows you to keep tabs on your order’s arrival
- Sign up to the newsletter to get exclusive deals and discounts delivered to your inbox
- 14-day returns policy even in change of mind cases
Another popular online fashion house, you can count on finding an awesome yet affordable face mask solution at this online store. PrettyLittleThing offers a diverse catalogue of styles and some seriously cool, out of the box face mask designs.
- Free returns for Ireland-based customers
- Shave up to 75% off the price tag by exploring the sale section
- Daily style updates help keep you up to the minute with current trends
If you’re wanting to pick up some unique and fashionable face masks while keeping costs low and prioritising your family’s protection, turn to eBay. This online marketplace carries all you need and more.
- Free shipping is often available
- Access new deals and discounts on a daily basis
- Create an account and keep tabs on items of interest in your Watch List
This online shopping portal offers all the PPE products you’re looking for to better protect your household against the threat of infection. If you’re wanting to stock up on fashionable face masks that won’t break the bank, turn to Alibaba.
- Skip out on retailer inflation and shop directly through the source
- Get personalised product updates on items of interest
- Secure shopping portal
When it comes to sourcing quirky face masks online, you’ll want to check out this awesome destination. LightInTheBox is one of those online stores that offers all the latest trends across a wide range of shopping categories at prices that won’t break the bank.
- Subscribe to newsletter for exclusive discounts and offers
- Rewards and Credit program
- Bargain and wholesale prices
Will a cloth mask protect me from COVID-19?
While cloth masks don’t offer the same benefits as a P2 or N95 mask, they can stop the particles that are released when you cough or sneeze from travelling too far in the air. ABC health reporter Olivia Willis has said that “COVID-19 is mostly spread via respiratory droplets” and “face masks can help to catch some of these fluid splashes”.
They are also a great reminder to stop touching your face, which the World Health Organisation has said is important in preventing the transfer of the virus from surfaces to your nose, eyes or mouth.
It’s important to remember that wearing a face mask will not make you immune from COVID-19 infection and that you should still adhere to social distancing requirements and hygiene practices.
How to wear a face mask safely
To ensure your safety and the safety of those around you, it’s important to wear your face mask properly. According to the World Health Organisation, this means washing or sanitising your
hands before touching your mask and adjusting the mask so that there are no gaps on the sides of your face.
You should also avoid touching the mask while you are wearing it and clean your hands before and after using it. The mask should be stored in a reusable bag until you are able to wash it with soap or detergent, which you should do once a day.
Which of these retailers offers free shipping?
- ASOS: Free standard shipping when you spend $270 or more
- Amazon: Free delivery widely available, especially for Prime members
- AliExpress: Free shipping offered by selected sellers
- River Island: Free with orders over €60
- New Look: Spend €65 or more to qualify for free standard shipping
- eBay: Free delivery options available with many sellers
- Yoins.com: Free shipping on orders over €43,50
Ask an Expert