Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
DeepCrawl makes technical SEO simple
Optimise your technical SEO and boost your site's visibility with a little help from DeepCrawl.
DeepCrawl labels itself as the world’s most comprehensive website crawler. Its ambition is to make websites more accessible and effective. It’s headquartered in London, UK, and currently has clients in more than 50 countries. Its basic plan is available for €69/month.
What does DeepCrawl do?
DeepCrawl has eight main features it touts for the purpose of resolving technical issues that affect a site’s SEO capabilities. They include the following:
- Monitoring. This feature allows you to schedule web crawls to keep your web analytics current. They can be done hourly, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Migration. DeepCrawl gives a complete comparison of your website versus. its staging area and gives you report of the differences between them in a single crawl. New XML sitemaps are also tested here.
- Architecture. When your site is struggling to be seen but you just can’t puzzle out why, the problem often lies in the architecture. DeepCrawl allows you to crawl your URL, your sitemap, or any other part of your website and use any analytics possible.
- Panda. Google Panda was the 2011 change to the website’s search results algorithm. DeepCrawl can properly identify your Panda penalty web pages and suggest changes to either remove them altogether or improve them. DeepCrawl’s tree diagram site explorer can find where the weaknesses and breakdowns are occurring and help to rectify them.
- Penguin. Google Penguin is the 2012 algorithm that aimed to decrease the search engine rankings of websites violating Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. DeepCrawl uses duplicate detection methods to pull out duplicate meta titles and descriptions. This is done with DeepCrawl’s in-house ranking system known as DeepRank.
- User Experience. User experience (UX) and bad SEO are two spokes in the wheel of poor results. DeepCrawl can realise where UX is lacking and causing your websites to fail to capture the visitor’s attention.
- International Website Launch. DeepCrawl keeps your international website on point to ensure it’s getting the same great Google treatment as your original site. This includes telling search engines which version of your site is most relevant to a user, based on language and location.
- Competitive Analysis. Enter the URL of a competitor and allow DeepCrawl to get a report on what it’s doing right and what it’s missing out on from a web crawl.
DeepCrawl also offers an API for all users that includes a key and instructions. The API can be white labelled with your own logo and colour scheme as well.
Plans and pricing
All DeepCrawl pricing plans come with one free month. Its plans are available to purchase in US dollars, Pounds or Euros.
|Starter||€63/month (billed yearly)|
€69/month (billed monthly)
|Consultant||€155/month (billed yearly)|
€169/month (billed monthly)
|Agency||€402/month (billed yearly)|
€439/month (billed monthly)
|Agency Pro||€824/month (billed yearly)|
€899/month (billed monthly)
Prices last checked August 2017
Pros and cons
DeepCrawl gives users the opportunity to enhance their website’s SEO and user experience through intensive web crawls.
- DeepCrawl has several case studies featured on its site that can help SEO/UX novices get a better grasp of what the service does.
- Offers a robust community of support with blogs, press releases, events, a customer advisory board and more.
- The landing page is very sparse and lacks information about what the service does. Most of that information is located in the Help/FAQs section.
- During our research of the site, several of its pages were unavailable due to either downtime or maintenance work.
FAQs about DeepCrawl
More guides on Finder
Where to buy sulphate free shampoo
Sulphate free shampoos will have your hair looking sleek and shiny, and you are helping your health and the enviornment.
Revolut Premium vs Revolut Standard
We compare Revolut Standard and Revolut Premium side by side to help you decide which account is right for you.
How to sell on Shopify
If you want to start selling on Shopify, find out how to set up your shop, price your products and attract customers in this handy guide.
Currencies Direct Multi-Currency Account for online sellers
Your detailed guide to the Currencies Direct Multi-Currency Account for online sellers, including exchange rates, fees, supported currencies and security.
Review: CurrencyTransfer account for online sellers
Learn more about CurrencyTransfer, a foreign exchange marketplace that could help your ecommerce business save on overseas payments.
Learn how this PayPal-owned company can help you move money around the world.
Review: TransferMate for your international business transfer
TransferMate can help your business send money across the globe. Read our review to find out about exchange rates, fees and safety.
How a digital bank account can help you during COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Find out how a digital bank account can help you manage your day-to-day banking needs during the Coronavirus crisis in Ireland.
How to set up Disney+ on Android TV
Disney’s new streaming service is here. Here’s how you can watch it on your Android TV.
bunq vs Monese in Ireland
Two of Ireland’s challenger banks compared side by side to help you find the right digital bank for your needs.
Ask an Expert