Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Review: CurrencyTransfer account for online sellers
Get better exchange rates for your ecommerce business and avoid transfer fees.
How does CurrencyTransfer work for a marketplace seller?
CurrencyTransfer is an online foreign exchange marketplace designed to offer affordable and transparent international payments. Using the CurrencyTransfer live marketplace, you can compare money transfer quotes from multiple providers and lock in a competitive exchange rate for your next international payment.
CurrencyTransfer allows you to make international payments in more than 20 different currencies, including:
- AUD Australian dollar
- CAD Canadian dollar
- USD US dollar
- GBP British pound
- EUR euro
- JPY Japanese yen
- NZD New Zealand dollar
- SEK Swedish krona
CurrencyTransfer offers online bank transfers and there are multiple payment options available:
- Spot contracts. These allow you to lock in the current exchange rate and send your transfer as soon as possible.
- Forward contracts. These allow you to lock in the current exchange rate for a payment that will take place up to 12 months in the future.
- Market orders. There are three options to choose from:
- Limit orders let you specify your desired exchange rate, and your payment is then sent when your target rate becomes available.
- Stop loss orders let you set a minimum target rate for your transaction to limit your losses if the exchange rate moves against you.
- “One cancels the other” (OCO) is an option that lets you set up a limit order and a stop loss order side by side.
To make a payment with CurrencyTransfer, you’ll need to complete a few simple steps:
- Sign up for an account.
- Request a quote for your payment.
- Select the best quote with help from your CurrencyTransfer relationship manager.
- Transfer the money for your payment to the broker you’ve selected.
- The broker completes your international payment.
What are CurrencyTransfer’s fees?
The CurrencyTransfer platform is free to use and the provider does not charge any transaction fees. Of course, it’s worth reiterating that CurrencyTransfer doesn’t actually offer transfers – it runs a marketplace where you can compare quotes from a range of transfer services and find the service that offers the best value for money.
However, just because there are no fees doesn’t mean you can make international payments free of charge. The cost of your transaction will be the difference between the exchange rate you receive from the money transfer service you choose, and the current mid-market rate.
So, how does CurrencyTransfer make money? It charges platform fees to the panel of foreign exchange payment providers that are listed on its platform.
Calculate what your payments would look like with CurrencyTransfer using the table below.
How do I set up a CurrencyTransfer account for my ecommerce store?
You can register for a CurrencyTransfer account by completing the following steps.
In a nutshell
- Designed for large transfers. CurrencyTransfer specialises in helping businesses and online sellers who want to send at least GBP £5,000 or equivalent find a better exchange rate.
- Compare quotes from multiple providers. The online marketplace allows you to compare quotes from multiple money transfer services. All transfer services included on the platform are authorised and regulated by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority.
- No fees. You don’t have to pay any fees to compare quotes on the CurrencyTransfer platform.
- Payments in 20+ currencies. CurrencyTransfer allows you to make international payments using over 20 different currencies.
- For making payments only. If you want to make affordable international payments, as well as receive payments and hold funds in multiple currencies, you’ll be better off considering a multi-currency account.
- Not suitable for small transfers. CurrencyTransfer is best suited to handling large transfer amounts. If you want to make an international payment equivalent to less than GBP £5,000, you’ll need to look elsewhere.
- No Ireland-based customer support. Headquartered in London and with an office in Tel Aviv, CurrencyTransfer doesn’t offer any Ireland-based customer support.
How does CurrencyTransfer compare to other services?
To find out how CurrencyTransfer’s international payment services compare to those offered by other providers, enter your transaction details into the table below.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
More guides on Finder
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let’s see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
Review: Ulster Bank international money transfers
A detailed review of the exchange rates, fees and processing times for Ulster Bank international money transfers.
Review: FTX cryptocurrency exchange
Trade cryptocurrency, derivatives and speculate on stocks with this fully-featured exchange created “by traders, for traders”.
How to buy, sell and trade Aeternity (AE)
Read our comprehensive guide to the Aeternity smart contract platform and how to buy Aeon (AE), Aeternity’s native currency.
How to buy, sell and trade Dai (DAI)
Step-by-step instructions on how to buy, sell and trade Dai (DAI), the cryptocurrency stablecoin issued by MakerDAO.
What are security tokens?
Learn more about security tokens and why some experts consider them the next big thing in the cryptocurrency space.
What is a stablecoin?
A comprehensive overview of cryptocurrency stablecoins, including how they work, what they’re used for and why they’re important.
Myvegan discount codes and coupons May 2021: FREE shipping on orders over £40
For plant-based products, shop online at Myvegan and unlock more for your body and mind. Shop amino acids, protein powders, cookies, butters, drinks, vitamins, accessories and more.
Cryptosteel – May 2021 review
Find out the pros and cons of the Cryptosteel wallet, including price, security features, competition and more.
Billfodl – 2021 review
Learn more about Billfodl and how it can securely backup your cryptocurrency.
Ask an Expert