Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Track every click with Crazy Egg
Crazy Egg’s heat maps and scroll reports help paint a picture of how your users interact with your site.
Crazy Egg is a web analytics company specialising in user experience (UX) and usability tools. It was founded in 2005 by Neil Patel and is based in La Mirada, California. Clients of Crazy Egg include Yahoo!, Etsy and Dell. A basic plan can be accessed for around US$9/month.
Prices last checked August 2017
What does Crazy Egg do?
Crazy Egg offers web analytics that focus on how a website’s visitors interact with its pages. Its “Big Four” offerings to do this are:
- Heatmap. A heatmap looks a bit like a weather map in terms of the thermal imaging approach it takes. It shows you where people are clicking your site, which shows you what parts of it are hot and which parts could use changes, in order to deliver more conversions.
- Confetti. Every individual click on your website is displayed and classified by where it came from, what the visitor was searching for, and more.
- Scrollmap. The scrollmaps visualise your website in degrees of heat. The most-viewed portions appear dark red with the colour going lighter to indicate how far down a page visitors are scrolling before leaving the site altogether.
- Overlay. This combines the other elements to provide a cohesive look at how many clicks each element is bringing to the website.
Other Crazy Egg features
- Recordings. Signing up for any of Crazy Egg’s packages also earns you the right to add its Recordings offering for free. This is exactly what it sounds like: taking video of user time on the website to see what visitors viewed, what they clicked on and what was their stopping point before leaving the site.
- A WordPress plugin.
Plans and pricing
|Basic||10,000 Visits Per Month|
10 Active Pages
|Standard||25,000 Visits Per Month|
20 Active Pages
|Plus||100,000 Visits Per Month|
50 Active Pages
Priority Email Support
|Pro||250,000 Visits Per Month|
100 Active Pages
Priority Email Support
Priority Phone Support
All prices in US dollars. Prices last checked August 2017
Pros and cons
Crazy Egg has several user experience visualisations that are unique, and they can add a new dimension to how you view your web metrics. However, some of its own customer interaction is a bit lacking.
- All plans are free for the first 30 days.
- Although not easy to find, its site map makes travelling the website very simple.
- For being a website all about user experience, its front page is confusing and contains very little information other than a way to sign up.
- The free trial still requires you to enter your credit card information, a considerable turnoff for many browsers.
FAQs about Crazy Egg
More guides on Finder
Compare online savings accounts
The convenience that an online High Interest Savings Account provides can be just the incentive you need to start putting your extra dollars to interest earning use.
What is dropshipping?
Read our complete guide to dropshipping to discover how it works, how to find a reliable supplier and the pros and cons of this popular fulfilment method.
How to sell on Shopify
If you want to start selling on Shopify, find out how to set up your shop, price your products and attract customers in this handy guide.
Blinkist discount codes April 2021 | Unlimited access to 27 categories
Expand your knowledge for less with the latest Blinkist discount codes.
Ria money transfer review
Learn how Ria Money Transfer, the third-largest provider of international money transfers in the world, may help you get more money to your destination with competitive exchange rates and low fees.
High interest savings accounts Ireland
Hoping to kickstart your savings plan? Here’s what you need to know about high interest savings accounts.
Review: TransferMate for your international business transfer
TransferMate can help your business send money across the globe. Read our review to find out about exchange rates, fees and safety.
Bank of Ireland Current Accounts
Earn cashback rewards with a Bank of Ireland current account. Find out more about what this provider has to offer.
Revolut review Ireland
Find out if Revolut is right for you with our detailed review. We take you through the features, costs and pros and cons to help you decide if the Revolut card and app are for you.
BitBay cryptocurrency exchange – April 2021 review
Your guide to the European cryptocurrency exchange BitBay, which allows users to buy and sell 11 popular digital currencies.
Ask an Expert