How and when to buy hand sanitiser online
Shop for hand sanitiser and protect yourself from infection at these top online destinations.
Currently, stocks of hand sanitiser are low at many retailers because of increased demand due to coronavirus. Be aware that many retailers may be out of stock or impose limits on how much you can buy. So shop around, but don’t pay over the odds!
The good news is the best way to protect yourself from infection is to regularly wash your hands with soap and water for a full 20 seconds and make sure you dry them thoroughly. (Hint, this is roughly the time it takes to sing “Happy Birthday” twice.)
But there are cases when you don’t have immediate access to soap and water, like when you’re on public transport or walking to and from work. In these cases, hand sanitiser is a great alternative – specifically an alcohol-based hand rub.
Here’s our guide on where you can buy hand sanitiser online and when you can use it.
This global retailing giant is your go-to for anything and everything, so it stands to reason that you’ll find a fantastic range of hand sanitisers for everyday, on-the-go usage here. Amazon offers one of the most convenient shopping experiences the world has to offer and options to suit every budget too.
- Secure online shopping with transactions processed and encrypted via Amazon Pay
- Start your free 30-day trial of Prime and unlock member perks
- Free shipping widely available, especially for Prime members
Whether you’re buying in bulk or shopping for a single bottle, you can rely on this multi-seller platform to deliver plenty of options on your hand-sanitiser shopping spree. Join in the thrill of a bidding war or secure the product you want by choosing one of the “buy it now” listings.
- Free delivery offered by many sellers
- Create an account and keep tabs on items of interest by adding them to your watch list
- Daily deals and discounts available
Another fabulously diverse multi-seller shopping portal, AliExpress is a great place to find cheap hand sanitiser in a variety of sizes for all your hand cleansing demands. Here you’ll find competitive pricing, a massive selection of options and regular deals and discounts.
- Free shipping options widely available
- Download the app and shop on-the-go
- Sign up to earn new customer coupons
When it comes to sourcing the healthcare products you need to keep your household running smoothly, you can always count on Boots. Stock up on pocket-sized hand sanitisers without breaking the bank at this handy convenience store.
- Free click and collect service on orders over €25
- Free 35-day returns policy
- Sign up for an Advantage card and earn points with every purchase
5. Cult Beauty
Join the cult and pick up hand sanitisers created by some of the best brands in the business here. Cult Beauty offers a fantastic range of products for you to peruse at your own pace from your favourite spot on the sofa.
- Free standard shipping on orders over £25
- Free tracked delivery when you spend £150 or more
- Follow the blog to get inspirational beauty tips and tricks
This fabulous cosmetics and skincare specialist stocks an amazing selection of hand sanitisers to keep your virus worries in check. Explore various sizes and brands and pick out the perfect option to suit your lifestyle at Feelunique.
- Free shipping for all orders over €40
- Sign up to the newsletter to be the first to hear about sale events and more
- Explore products created by more than 500 beauty brands in one place
This luxury high-street chain stocks all the hand sanitisers you could ask for. Stock up on antibacterial soap and handbag-friendly sanitising solutions at Marks & Spencer and ensure you’re always well-equipped to combat the threat of infection.
- Free standard shipping on orders over €30
- Free express delivery when you spend €59 or more
- Sign up to the newsletter to stay in the loop with sale events, deals and more
Self-proclaimed to offer the best bang for your buck, Banggood is brilliant when you’re looking to stretch your money to its maximum potential. Access affordable hand-sanitising solutions and stock up without breaking the bank to ensure you’re never caught short.
- Accepts a massive range of payment options
- Peruse 150,000+ products through a single site
- Secure online shopping as Banggood partners with Trustwave to protect personal and sensitive data
9. John Lewis
If you’re searching for some luxury hand-sanitising products to make sure that your family stays protected against the threat of infection, look no further. At John Lewis, you’ll find some fabulous and funky bottles of hand sanitizer that are sure to fit the bill.
- Free shipping when you spend €50 or more
- Sign up for emails to receive info on new products and more
- 35-day change-of-mind returns policy
Which of these retailers offer free delivery?
- Amazon: Free shipping widely available, especially for Prime members
- eBay: Free delivery offered by many sellers
- AliExpress: Free shipping options are often available
- Cult Beauty: Free standard shipping on orders over £25
- Feelunique: Free delivery with all orders over €40
- Marks & Spencer: Free standard shipping on orders over €30, free express delivery on orders over €59
- Banggood: Free delivery available on select products
- John Lewis: Spend €50 or more to qualify for free delivery
How do I wash my hands properly?
According to the World Health Organization, washing your hands properly should take as long as singing “Happy Birthday” twice – which is roughly 20 seconds. Make sure you use soap and warm water, and dry your hands thoroughly afterwards. You can click here for the full WHO guide.
Ask an Expert