Bitit bitcoin marketplace review
How to buy bitcoin on Bitit from Ireland.
Paris-based Bitit aims to make buying bitcoin as fast and easy as possible no matter where in the world you are.
Its most notable feature is the ability to make quick purchases with cash or card, from almost anywhere in the world.
|Product Name||Bitit Cryptocurrency Marketplace|
|Fiat Currencies||EUR, USD, JPY, DKK, GBP, SEK, NOK, TRY & 5+ more|
|Cryptocurrencies||BTC, XRP, ETH, USDT, LTC, EOS, BNB, LINK, XTZ, ADA & 35+ more|
Credit/debit card: 3.9%
Cash vouchers: 8.75%
What is Bitit and how does it work?
Bitit is a bitcoin selling and delivery service. Being based in Paris all its prices are in euros, but the payment process is the same with other currencies. You will be charged exchange fees when paying with a card.
Here are the simple steps you need to take:
- Create an account. You can quickly create an account, and can buy up to €25 of bitcoin without verification. You will need to verify your identity for more purchases after that.
- Place an order. Choose a purchase amount from €25 to €250
- Make your payment. In Ireland you can pay by cash with a Flexepin prepaid card, or by a 3-D Secure credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro).
- Wait for bitcoin delivery. You can have bitcoin delivered to your wallet in around 10 minutes.
The transaction fee varies by payment method.
|Online with Visa, Mastercard, Maestro||8.9% transaction fee|
These are just the fees charged by Bitit. Depending on your payment method there may be additional fees for:
- The cost of buying a Flexepin voucher charged by the store where you purchase it.
- Foreign exchange fees when paying with a credit card.
- Additional credit card or transaction fees charged by your bank for an overseas credit card payment.
Do I need to verify my identity on Bitit?
You do not need to verify your identity to create an account, and may be able to buy a limited amount of bitcoin without verifying your identity.
Pros and cons of Bitit
- Very quick and simple
- Lets you pay online with credit card or with cash via Flexepin
- Relatively high commission fee
- Strict per-transaction order limits
What are the order limits?
You are limited to €500 every 7 days without verifying your identity, and the per-order limits are €25 to €250. There is no limit on the amount of orders you can place, though.
How long does it take to buy bitcoin on Bitit?
You can start a transaction and receive your bitcoin in minutes, depending on how busy the network is at the time, and how long it takes you to get a Flexepin voucher or your credit card numbers.
Security: Is Bitit safe and legitimate?
Bitit has a number of physical store locations in France, maintains an active social media presence and has a prolific online presence. This suggests that it’s a legitimate service.
It encrypts its data and maintains the levels of security you’d expect from any service that handles customer credit card numbers online.
Contact and customer service
You can contact Bitit online through the site, or on social media.
Where is Bitit available?
Bitit operates in more than 50 countries around the world, although it’s based on Europe, where it has more payment options and a larger presence.
What currencies does Bitit accept?
Bitit only accepts euros. You can still buy with other currencies, but will incur additional exchange fees on top of all the others.