Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy GameCredits
A beginner’s guide to GameCredits (GAME) and where you can buy, sell and trade GAME in Indonesia.
GameCredits (GAME) is a digital currency designed to facilitate in-game payments. Based on blockchain technology, GameCredits aims to allow gamers and developers to buy and sell games and in-game items quickly, securely and privately.
If you want to buy and sell GAME as a cryptocurrency, read on to find out how.
Where to buy GAME
GameCredits is available on several popular cryptocurrency exchanges, such as:
How to buy GAME: A step-by-step guide
Here’s a step-by-step explanation of one way you can buy GAME in Indonesia:
Step 1. Register for an account with Bittrex
Bittrex allows you to buy GAME online from Indonesia. You can sign up for an account by entering your email address and creating a password, but you’ll also need to provide your full name, contact information and proof of ID in order to become a verified member.
Set up two-factor authentication to provide an extra level of security for your funds.
Step 2. Deposit funds into your account
From the Bittrex account dashboard, click the “Deposit” link. You can then enter the amount you want to deposit and confirm the transaction. You may be able to trade USD directly for GameCredits on your chosen exchange. If not, you will likely have to trade Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) for GameCredits.
Step 3. Buy GAME
Click on the “Buy/Sell” link and search for “GAME”. Click on “Buy GAME” and then type in either the amount of fiat currency you want to spend or the amount of GAME you want to buy. You can then review the details and total cost of your transaction and, if everything is okay, click through to confirm the purchase.
How to sell GAME
The process for selling GAME is more or less the same as the buying process detailed in Step 3 above. Of course, you’ll obviously need to follow the prompts to “Sell GAME” rather than buy, while it’s also important to remember that it may not be possible to directly exchange your GAME for the currency you want.
If you’re looking for a safe place to store your GameCredits, the official web wallet is available on the GameCredits site. You can also download a wallet for Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
How GameCredits works
The digital video games industry attracts more than US$100 billion in revenue each year and is predicted to earn US$132 billion in total annual revenues by 2021.
GameCredits is a universal in-game token developed using blockchain technology. Established in 2016, it provides developers with a free, plug and play in-game monetisation platform.
Why would someone use GameCredits to make in-game purchases? The company claims it offers the following benefits:
- It’s instant. GameCredits can be transferred anywhere within a few minutes.
- It’s secure. Every transaction is recorded on the blockchain and can’t be altered.
- It’s decentralised. The value of GameCredits is determined by global adoption.
- It’s anonymous. Every user has their own unique address.
GameCredits also offers a number of other products and platforms, including:
- GNation. This GameCredits initiative is an online community for gamers all around the world.
- GPlay. GPlay is a mobile gaming store that rewards developers with 90% payouts per sale.
- Game.GG. This e-sports platform was listed as “coming soon” at the time of writing.
- GExchange. Still in development, GExchange will be the official exchange office of the GNation community and allow gamers to exchange GameCredits for fiat or cryptocurrencies.
Before you buy GAME: Things to consider
If you’re thinking of buying GAME or any other cryptocurrency, it’s essential that you’re fully aware of all the risks involved. Holding cryptocurrency is complicated and speculative, so make sure you consider the following factors before deciding whether or not to buy GAME:
- Supply. According to CoinMarketCap, the circulating supply of GameCredits at the time of writing (23/01/2018) was 64,355,352 GAME. The maximum number of coins is 84,000,000.
- GAME use. Players use GAME to make in-game purchases and buy games from the GPlay store, while the credits a player earns in one game can also be used in another. Developers use the currency to sell in-game items, upgrades and games.
- Availability. A cryptocurrency’s availability on a variety of exchanges allows for easy access and could potentially increase demand. GameCredits can be purchased on a relatively wide range of cryptocurrency exchanges, plus it can also be purchased via credit card, PayPal and a variety of other payment methods through the company’s proprietary payment gateway.
- New game launches. Check online forums and gaming news sites for details of upcoming games that support GameCredits. The launch of a hugely popular game that supports GAME (the cryptocurrency) could potentially increase GAME’s value.
- Industry’s potential for growth. There are some 2.6 billion gamers around the world, and GameCredits aims to become the universal cryptocurrency for all of them. The global video games industry was expected to generate more than US$108 billion in revenue and is expected to climb towards US$130 billion by 2020.
- Market competition. You should also consider whether GameCredits is well placed to take advantage of the potential growth in the industry compared to its competitors. Other gaming cryptocurrency providers include SkinCoin and Enjin.
More guides on Finder
How to buy, sell and trade Basic Attention Token (BAT)
Find out how Basic Attention Token (BAT) works, where to buy and how this coin puts a price on your concentration.
Ravencoin (RVN): What is it and how do you buy it in Indonesia?
Your guide to peer-to-peer asset transfer network Ravencoin and how you can buy and mine this new cryptocurrency.
How to buy, sell and trade Pundi X
Read our guide to cryptocurrency point-of-sale payment provider Pundi X, learn about NPXS tokens and how to buy NPXS in Indonesia.
How to buy, sell and trade Binance Coin (BNB)
How to buy and use Binance BNB, and what to watch out for in the future.
Polkadot (DOT) cryptocurrency: How it works and where to buy
Learn more about the DOT cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
How to sell XRP (XRP)
Your step-by-step guide on how to sell XRP (XRP) for both fiat currency and cryptocurrency, including detailed instructions for novice crypto traders.
How to buy Enjin Coin
Your comprehensive guide to cryptocurrency Enjin Coin (ENJ), how it works and how you can buy, sell and trade ENJ.
How to buy Dogecoin (DOGE)
This step-by-step guide will show you where to buy Dogecoin (DOGE) in Indonesia, how to sell it and factors to consider when you are thinking of buying DOGE.
How to sell Ethereum (ETH)
If you want to sell Ethereum (ETH) for fiat currency or cryptocurrency but don’t know how, you’ll find the help you need in this handy guide.
How to buy and sell SingularityNET (AGI)
If you want to know how to buy SingularityNET’s AGI tokens, where to store them and what the SingularityNET project aims to do, you can find out here.
Ask an Expert