Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Ethos
Your guide to buying and selling the Ethos cryptocurrency (ETHOS) in Indonesia.
Ethos is a cryptocurrency platform that aims to make the cryptocurrency market more easily accessible to the wider community. It is designed to provide an ecosystem that features all the tools needed to manage wallets and keys for safe, verified blockchain transactions.
The Ethos Token (ETHOS) is the native token of the Ethos platform and will be used to access a wide range of features and fees. For more information on how this token works and how to buy ETHOS in Indonesia, keep reading.
Where to buy and sell ETHOS
ETHOS currency pairings are listed on a variety of cryptocurrency exchanges, including:
A step-by-step guide to buying ETHOS
If you want to buy ETHOS in Indonesia, here’s an example of how you can do it:
Step 1. Create an account with a cryptocurrency exchange that allows you to trade ETHOS
ETHOS isn’t listed on every crypto exchange around the world, so search for a suitable platform that allows you to exchange ETHOS with the currency of your choice. Once you’ve found a site, sign up for an account by providing your name, email address and contact information.
In line with Know Your Customer (KYC) laws, some exchanges will also require proof of ID before your account can be verified and you can begin trading. It’s also recommended that you set up two-factor authentication for increased account security.
Depending on how busy your chosen exchange is, verification can take anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks.
Step 2. Deposit funds into your account
Many cryptocurrency exchanges don’t allow you to swap fiat currency, such as IDR, for cryptocurrencies directly. If this is the case, you’ll need to acquire a cryptocurrency that’s available in a pairing with ETHOS, such as Ethereum (ETH) or Bitcoin (BTC), and then exchange it for ETHOS.
Step 3. Buy ETHOS
Once the necessary funds have been deposited, search for the currency pair you want to trade, such as ETHOS/ETH. Review the current price of ETHOS and click on “Buy ETHOS”.
You will then need to choose a limit or market order, enter the amount of ETHOS you want to buy, and review the full details and cost of your transaction. If you’re happy with all the details and ready to proceed, confirm your buy order.
Which wallets can I use to hold ETHOS?
For added security, it’s recommended that you transfer your cryptocurrency to a wallet rather than storing it in your exchange account. ETHOS is an ERC20 token on the Ethereum network, so it can be stored on any Ethereum-friendly wallet that supports these types of tokens. Examples of wallets you could use include:
How the Ethos platform works
The world of cryptocurrency is daunting and confusing for novices. Not only is there a huge range of coins available, many of which are hard to access, but newcomers also have to learn to deal with cryptocurrency exchanges, choosing wallets to store their funds and keeping track of many private keys.
The Ethos platform is designed to make the cryptocurrency market accessible and trustworthy to the average user. To work towards this goal, the platform offers a range of products and services, including:
- The Ethos Universal Wallet that allows you to store all your crypto assets in one place. This is designed to allow safe and secure storage of your coins and tokens.
- Ethos Smart Keys use a single 256-bit “root” key to derive any coin that supports the BIP32, BIP39, BIP44 and SLIP44 standards. This is designed to allow users to store hundreds of different coins, tokens and currencies with a single key.
- A fiat gateway and diversification platform, which aims to make it quick and easy for novices to deposit funds and then diversify across preset or custom baskets of assets.
- A Social Investment Network designed to connect novices with experienced crypto holders and reward users who help educate others.
- Scalable API services that connect with financial institutions.
- Ethos Bedrock, which provides a processing and development platform to run scalable applications, broadcast data and verify identity and source of funds on the blockchain.
Founded by Shingo Lavine, Ethos started life as Bitquence but underwent a rebranding in 2017.
How the Ethos Token (ETHOS) works
The Ethos Token (ETHOS) is essential to the functioning of the Ethos platform. Described as the fuel that powers the Ethos ecosystem, the token will:
- Be the payment mechanism for accessing and using platform services.
- Be used to pay for transaction fees and API calls.
- Enable liquidity to help with changes in user asset allocations.
- Be the fuel for a dynamic rewards and reputation system.
- Allow users to transact with each other.
Ethos Tokens are issued on the Ethereum network using ERC20 standards.
Before you buy ETHOS: Things to consider
Cryptocurrencies are complicated and speculative, so you’ll need to carefully assess all the associated risks before making any purchases. There are a myriad of factors you should consider before buying ETHOS, including:
- Supply. According to CoinMarketCap, at the time of writing (29/01/2018) the circulating supply of ETHOS was 75,408,536, out of a total supply of 222,295,208 ETHOS.
- Potential. Despite their rapid growth in popularity in recent months, cryptocurrencies are still poorly understood by most of the population. Any company that successfully makes cryptocurrency widely accessible to the mainstream could potentially enjoy substantial profits. However, you’ll need to do your research to decide whether Ethos is well placed to achieve that goal.
- Use and demand. As the value of the Ethos Token is tied to the Ethos platform, the level of demand for the platform will play a huge role in determining the token’s value. Consider the services Ethos plans to offer – you can check out the white paper here – to get a better idea of what it aims to achieve.
- Future developments. While Ethos doesn’t offer a project roadmap on its website, it has revealed that the Ethos Universal Wallet is scheduled for release in Q1 2018 and the fiat gateway is due for release in Q2 2018. If you’re thinking of buying ETHOS, make sure you keep up to date with company announcements for details of any new releases or upgrades.
By considering these and a range of other factors, you’ll be able to make an informed decision about whether or not you should buy ETHOS.
More guides on Finder
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let’s see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
What is Yearn Finance?
Learn how to use DeFi aggregator Yearn Finance to earn interest on your cryptocurrency.
Filecoin: How it works and where to buy
Learn more about the Filecoin cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
What is Netflix? Simple answers to the simple questions you were too afraid to ask
Does Netflix Indonesia have your favourite content? How do you get your free trial? How do you unsubscribe? All your questions answered.
How to buy, sell and trade Basic Attention Token (BAT)
Find out how Basic Attention Token (BAT) works, where to buy and how this coin puts a price on your concentration.
Ravencoin (RVN): What is it and how do you buy it in Indonesia?
Your guide to peer-to-peer asset transfer network Ravencoin and how you can buy and mine this new cryptocurrency.
How to buy, sell and trade Pundi X
Read our guide to cryptocurrency point-of-sale payment provider Pundi X, learn about NPXS tokens and how to buy NPXS in Indonesia.
Edge multi-currency wallet review
Edge is a popular digital currency wallet that connects you with Bitcoin-accepting businesses in your area.
How to buy, sell and trade Binance Coin (BNB)
How to buy and use Binance BNB, and what to watch out for in the future.
Best Ethereum Classic (ETC) wallets
We take a closer look at 6 of the best Ethereum Classic wallets and offer handy tips on how to securely store ETC tokens.
Ask an Expert