Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Grocery Credit Cards
Earn cash rebates and extra rewards when you spend with grocery credit cards.
Supermarkets have been offering credit cards for years. They work in the same way a regular credit card, with one fundamental difference – they aim to reward shoppers with more specific rewards, such as discounts at the checkout.
In Indonesia, most major supermarkets reward loyal customers for shopping their groceries with them. Look at Carrefour, Lotte Mart, Hypermart and Hero – the leading supermarkets of Indonesia – offer cards on their own or in conjunction with major banks. The supermarket cards reward customers if you shop with them or with one of their partner stores, which include petrol stations and large brand-name retailers.
What are the benefits of grocery credit cards?
Retailers are trying to find new ways to promote customer loyalty and increase sales. No longer only providing store cards, supermarkets are partnering with banks to provide convenience as well as brand recognition to customers. When a credit card is combined with a supermarket rewards program, you get a versatile tool that’s able to be used in many locations, and one that’ll make your weekly shopping that bit easier.
What are the types of grocery credit cards in the market?
There are a number of different types of supermarket credit cards available which work in slightly different ways:
- The card might earn points which are automatically redeemed for a cashback or discount on your shopping bill at the supermarket linked to the card
- The card might offer you cash rebates over the counter.
- The card might get you rebates and cashback at partner stores such as cosmetics, airlines, petrol stations, recharge on travel cards and more.
Grocery credit card tips
- A grocery credit card earns rewards points in many of the same ways as a regular rewards card. This means most purchases and even some bill payments are valid transactions which will net you points.
- You’ll need to be a part of whatever rewards scheme applies to your card. Sometimes these programs will make you a member automatically, but check to see whether you need to join separately and whether a joining fee will apply.
- You’ll usually get points for making purchases at any store, provided the transaction is eligible but if you make a purchase at the supermarket or partners who provide your card you may earn bonus points. See what purchases will get you bonus points so you can choose where to spend and watch your points balance increase.
- One of the easiest ways of knowing how you’ll earn points is to first work out what you don’t earn points for. Most cards issued by supermarkets list some transactions as being ineligible transactions – meaning you won’t earn points on them.
More guides on Finder
Best Ethereum Classic (ETC) wallets
We take a closer look at 6 of the best Ethereum Classic wallets and offer handy tips on how to securely store ETC tokens.
How to sell Bitcoin
Find out where to sell Bitcoin, how to set your prices and pick up tips to help you get a better price.
How to buy Bitcoin in Indonesia
Want to buy Bitcoin but don’t know where to start? This comprehensive guide provides step-by-step instructions on how and where to buy BTC in Indonesia.
How to buy Bitcoin without ID in Indonesia
If you want to buy cryptocurrency without ID in Indonesia, find out everything you need to know in this guide on how to buy Bitcoin anonymously.
How to buy, sell and trade VeChain
The ultimate guide to buying and trading VeChain (VET), the blockchain platform designed to provide easier supply chain management.
Common Bitcoin scams (and how to avoid them)
A comprehensive guide to what you need to know to detect and avoid some of the most common cryptocurrency scams.
Tempat membeli tisu dapur secara online di Indonesia
Perlu tisu dapur? Di sini Anda dapat membelinya secara online di Indonesia. Temukan di mana Anda bisa mendapatkan gratis ongkir.
Review: Crypto.com cryptocurrency app and exchange
Learn more about the Crypto.com platform in our complete review.
Tempat membeli sabun cuci tangan secara online di Indonesia
Sekarang saatnya untuk benar-benar mencuci tangan Anda. Kami telah menemukan para peritel Indonesia yang menyediakan sabun cuci tangan secara online.
Tempat membeli tisu toilet secara online di Indonesia
Kami telah mengumpulkan beberapa situs web Indonesia yang menyediakan tisu toilet secara online berdasarkan harga dan ketersediaan.