Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Citibank Credit Card
Find out which Citibank credit card is the most suitable for you.
Citibank Indonesia is a branch of Citibank NA headquartered in New York, USA. In Indonesia, Citibank has been around since 1968.
Citibank is one of the major private banks in Indonesia although most of its operations are centered in big cities, namely Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Semarang, Medan and Denpasar. However, its customer transaction network is spread across 33,000 payment points and a corporate distribution network in around 6,000 locations in 34 provinces. The number of ATMs reaches more than 70,000 units throughout Indonesia.
One of the products offered by Citibank is a credit card. With interest in accordance with Bank Indonesia (BI) regulations, namely 2.25% per month, there are seven types of credit cards to choose from as needed.
- Citibank World Privileges, which offers discounts and exclusive promos in a series of restaurants, hotels, shopping centres, and other merchants around the world.
- Citibank 1Bill, which is a routine bill payment solution that makes it easier for you to manage your finances. Apart from covering household bills such as electricity and water, this feature also applies to payments for cellular operators, cable TV, membership to fitness, to schools.
- Loan on Phone, which is an easy, instant cash application service through Citibank Online.
- A cash withdrawal fee of 6% of the amount withdrawn or a minimum of IDR 100,000, with an interest rate of 2.25% per month.
- EazyPay service, which allows you to convert transactions into lighter instalments.
- Credit Shield Plus, which provides protection for you if you experience a condition that causes you to be unable to pay bills (accident, critical illness, or death).
- Citi Alert, which will provide instant notification of every transaction made, allowing you to monitor all your account activities easily and comfortably.
- Citibank Recharge, which makes it easier for you to top up anywhere and anytime.
Types of Citibank Credit Cards
This credit card gives Citi Rewards Points up to 3x more from each transaction. Simply by transacting IDR 3,000 at restaurants and shopping at home or abroad, you will already earn points. Plus, points earned have no expiration date.
You can redeem the points collected for mileage on more than 60 airlines, reservations at 5,000 hotels worldwide, or discounts up to 15% at participating merchants. Can also be used to pay credit card annual fees.
This credit card offers more benefits for those of you who travel a lot. With transactions at various favourite merchants worth IDR 8,750 in the country or IDR 5,000 abroad, you will get 1 Citi Mile.
You can also get a welcome bonus of 5,000 Citi Miles if you spend IDR 15 million in the first 3 months.
These points can be redeemed at more than 60 airlines and 5,000 hotels worldwide. Also, enjoy access to airport lounges at more than 800 Priority Pass Lounges at various airports around the world and free travel accident insurance to make your trip even more comfortable.
With miles that are valid forever, you will also get access to various special offers from Visa Signature or MasterCard World. More detailed information can be found on the official Visa Signature and MasterCard World pages.
Citi Platinum Cash Back
The Citi Cash Back Platinum credit card provides benefits for various daily transactions that you do because it provides cashback up to 5% of almost all activities, such as transactions at gas stations, restaurants and supermarkets. You are also entitled to the main benefits offered by Citibank credit cards.
The minimum income to apply for this credit card is IDR 5 million.
Citi Simplicity +
This credit card is a free credit card. By getting the main benefits of the Citibank credit card, you will get a 10% discount in interest fees if you make payments on time, there are no late payment fees, and even if you use it more than the limit given.
Garuda Indonesia Citi
As the name implies, this credit card is a co-branding between Citibank and Garuda Indonesia. Various benefits can be obtained, namely:
- 3 times the miles for ticket purchases at Garuda Indonesia and 2 times the miles for other transactions of at least Rp20,000.
- Extra baggage of 20 kg.
- 5% discount for ticket purchases at Garuda Indonesia offices and official websites.
- Bonus 2,500 miles if you have accumulated the first 250 miles within 90 days.
- Queuing for check-in is more convenient at various airports in Indonesia.
- A priority waiting list for Garuda Indonesia ticket reservations.
- Special boarding calls at selected airports.
- Miles can be exchanged for free tickets or free upgrade services. For more detailed information on this matter, you can contact the Garuda Indonesia office or Contact Center at 08041807807 or 021-23519999.
The Citi Telkomsel Credit Card is intended for active urban people. Apart from being entitled to an exclusive Halo card package, you also get 3 times Citi Rewards Points for your monthly Halo card bills through Citibank 1Bill.
Also enjoy 2 times Citi Rewards Points for transactions at the cinema and coffee shop, Shell gas stations, various participating electronic and gadget merchants, as well as purchasing applications on smartphones. To get points, you only need to make a transaction of IDR 3,000.
In addition, you can use the Telkomsel Priority Lounge at Terminal 3 of Soekarno-Hatta Airport.
Points can be exchanged for Telkomsel products in the form of free data packages, free SMS, free 100 minutes talk to fellow Telkomsel numbers, and free Simpati voucher top-up. Or, exchange it for mileage to make it easier for you to organize travel plans.
The Citi Prestige credit card is a premium credit card for those of you who want to have an unforgettable experience. For example, exclusive invitations to VIP events, first-class travel privileges, special promos at well-known restaurants, and various special prizes.
Various other benefits will be obtained, namely:
- Citi Prestige Concierge who is ready to help your needs 24 hours, wherever you are.
- High-end travel benefits with airport pick-up/drop-off services, immigration assistance / fast track services, and free stays at hotels around the world.
- More profitable Citi Rewards Points redemption. You are entitled to get 1 point for every Rp1,500 transaction, where every 5 points are equivalent to 1 mile or hotel points. Citigold customers, get 15% bonus points every year.
- Free Priority Pass CardTM to get access to more than 800 airport lounges worldwide.
- Free green fee for 3 times per year at various golf courses around the world.
- Free travel insurance service up to IDR 13 billion.
How to Apply
There are a number of requirements if you want to apply for a Citibank credit card, namely:
- The age when applying for the main card is 21-65 years old and at least 17 years old for additional cards.
- Photocopy of KTP for Indonesian Citizens.
- Photocopy of KITAS and passport for foreigners.
- Photocopy of KTP / KITAS for additional cards.
- Proof of income for employees, self-employed and professionals.
- Photocopy of savings accounts for the last two months for entrepreneurs.
- Photocopy of a professional license for professionals.
- Photocopy of the deed of establishment / SIUP / TDP for entrepreneurs.
You also have to fill in other data, such as personal data and other required data. Submission of applications can be made directly at the nearest Citibank branch office or through an online application ( e-form ) on the official website.