Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Best Credit Cards
Compare Indonesian credit cards side by side to find the right card for you.
Looking for the best credit card in Indonesia? With so many different credit cards and spending styles, there isn’t one best credit card that works for everyone. But you can find the right credit card for you by thinking about the features you want, your spending habits and your financial history. Then you can use the information on this page to compare credit cards with a range of different features and find one that suits your needs.
Planning to pay off your credit card debt? Compare balance transfer cards. Looking for a cheaper card? Consider low rate and no annual fee cards. Want to get more rewards? Look at frequent flyer and rewards cards. You can compare a range of cards and learn how to choose the right one for you here.
* The offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com/id has access to and are not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of the terms “best” and “top” are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.
What is the best credit card for me?
To choose the right credit card, you need to look at how you plan to use it, your current financial situation and your future goals. That way you can compare different features and benefits based on your circumstances.
For example, if you want a credit card that offers rewards and perks, look at frequent flyer cards or at gold, platinum and black options. If you want a card to help you manage your expenses, compare 0% purchase, balance transfer or low rate cards. You can use this guide to discover the types of cards available, who they’re suited to and how to find the ideal one for you.
What type of credit card are you looking for?
0% balance transfer credit cards
- What are they? You can use a balance transfer credit card to pay off existing debt faster with a low or 0% interest rate for an introductory period.
- Who are these cards suited to? If you have an existing credit, store or charge card debt that’s being charged interest, a balance transfer credit card can help you save money and pay off the debt faster.
How can I find the best balance transfer credit card?
- Compare balance transfer offers. Most balance transfer cards offer an introductory 0% interest rate, so you’ll need to look at how many months this rate applies and what interest rate is charged at the end of the introductory period.
- Check for fees. As well as the annual fee, check to see if a one-off balance transfer fee will apply.
Frequent flyer credit cards
- What are they? Frequent flyer credit cards give you a way to earn points on your everyday purchases, either directly or by transferring card reward points to your chosen airline loyalty program.
- Who are these cards suited to? If you’re a frequent flyer member and pay the balance off your credit card each month, this type of card will help you earn more frequent flyer points.
How can I find the best frequent flyer credit card?
- What frequent flyer program/s do you want to earn points for? As well as GarudaMiles (Garuda Indonesia) and Freedom Flyer (AirAsia) credit cards, you can look at other cards that allow you to transfer credit card reward points to partnered frequent flyer programs, such as American Express Membership Rewards or Citi Rewards cards.
- Compare the earn rate. This refers to the number of points you earn per rupiah spent on eligible purchases. Check if there’s a cap on how many points you can earn each month or each year and whether that will limit you based on your usual spending.
- Other valuable features. Are there any bonus points on offer, complimentary insurance, airport lounge passes or an annual fee waiver?
Rewards credit cards
- What are they? These credit cards give you points for your everyday spending, which you can then use to redeem rewards such as travel, frequent flyer points, merchandise and gift cards.
- Who are these cards suited to? If you often pay with a credit card and want to get more value from your account, a rewards credit card offers flexible points without tying you to a single frequent flyer program.
How can I find the best rewards credit card for me?
- What rewards do you want? Each rewards program offers a range of ways you can use points with different partners, ranging from travel booking services to frequent flyer programs, department stores and online reward centres. Make sure the one you choose offers rewards you’ll actually use.
- Compare earn rates and point caps. Look at how many points you’ll earn per rupiah spent and whether there is a monthly or yearly points cap that could limit your rewards.
- Look at bonus points, perks and fees. Bonus point offers can give you extra value when you first get a card, while other perks such as complimentary travel insurance or airport lounge passes offer value when you travel. Also check the card’s annual fee to work out if the value of rewards and perks will outweigh it.
Want to earn more points per rupiah spent? Compare a range of reward credit cards now.
Cards with low or 0% purchase rates
- What are they? These credit cards offer a lower ongoing, variable interest rate on purchases when compared to other cards.
- Who are these cards suited to? If you plan on paying off purchases over time and want to keep your interest charges to a minimum, a low rate credit card could be a good option.
How can I find the best low rate credit card for me?
- Compare the interest rates. The lower the purchase rate, the better. Remember to look at the standard rate charged for purchases, as well as any introductory interest rate offers. Also check the cash advance rate and when that will apply.
- Look at fees and other features. Weigh the card’s annual fee against the potential savings you’ll get from the low purchase rate and consider any other perks such as complimentary insurance or concierge services.
Compare more low rate credit cards to find one that’s right for you.
No annual fee credit cards
- What are they? These cards charge no annual fee.
- Who are these credit cards suited to? If you regularly pay off your balance each month, a IDR0 annual fee card will keep your costs to a minimum. This type of card is also practical if you rarely pay with plastic as the maintenance fees won’t burn a hole in your pocket while you’re not using it.
How can I find the right low or no annual fee credit card?
- Compare the annual fee details. Some IDR0 annual fees will last for life but others only apply for a promotional period, such as the first year.
- Interest rates. You should also check the interest rates and ensure that the interest costs won’t outweigh the low-fee benefit if you’re planning to carry a balance.
Want to save on card costs? Compare other cards with no annual fees.
Get more value from a credit card by comparing the latest offers and choosing the right one for you. Or leave a question for us below if you want to know more!
More guides on Finder
Gemini vs Coinbase
We compare these two large cryptocurrency exchanges to see how their fees, features and customer support stack up.
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let’s see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
Best Ethereum Classic (ETC) wallets
We take a closer look at 6 of the best Ethereum Classic wallets and offer handy tips on how to securely store ETC tokens.
Coinbase cryptocurrency exchange | January 2022 review
Check out our complete review of Coinbase to see if it’s safe, weigh up pros and cons, compare fees and learn what you can do on it beyond simply buying cryptocurrency.
Review: Abra cryptocurrency exchange and wallet
Abra is an all-in-one cryptocurrency wallet, exchange and money transfer app. Learn how it works.
Premium Credit Cards in Indonesia
There are different levels of premium credit cards to choose from, all coming with their own special set of rewards, features and benefits. Read on to find out how to compare different premium credit cards and what’s available.
How to buy cryptocurrency with your bank account
Want to buy cryptocurrency using your bank account but don’t know how? Find out everything you need to know in this comprehensive guide.
How to buy Ethereum (ETH)
If you want to buy Ethereum’s Ether tokens (ETH) but don’t know how, find out everything you need to get started in this detailed guide.
Coinmama exchange – January 2022 review
Coinmama is one of the more popular cryptocurrency exchanges to buy your Bitcoin or Ethereum with a credit card. Learn more about it in this review.
Best crypto hardware wallets of 2022
Everything you need to know about cryptocurrency hardware wallets: how they work, what they offer and picking the right one.