Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are often purchased online, but that doesn’t mean you can’t purchase them with cold-hard-cash. It may involve a few more steps than usual, but thankfully there are several ways to purchase Bitcoin with cash in Indonesia.
Cryptocurrency exchanges that accept cash
How to buy cryptocurrency with cash
- How it works: Meet a seller near you in person, and buy Bitcoin with cash in hand, or any other payment option you agree on.
- Available exchanges:
- What to consider: Both the buyer and seller can be nervous about this kind of transaction. Make sure you only meet in a public place, and try to only deal with sellers that have a good reputation on the site.
Cash transfer at banks
- How it works: Go to a bank and pay with cash over the counter for the bank to transfer into the exchange’s account.
- Available exchanges:
- What to consider: This is a good way of turning cash into Bitcoin with minimal fees. However, different coin providers might have their own requirements, such as using a specific bank.
Pay cash at a money transfer service
- How it works: Go into a Western Union or MoneyGram branch (or equivalent), and pay the cash for transfer to the specified recipient.
- Available exchanges
- What to consider: As long as there’s a branch near you, this is a very easy way to pay cash for the service of your choice. The downsides are that you lose some anonymity and you might get caught by fees.
What are the pros and cons of buying cryptocurrency with cash?
Like most things, paying with cash has both benefits and downsides. Depending on your preferred method above, you might experience the following.
- Typically not the most cost-effective option
- You will generally be limited in the amount you can buy
- Your platform options will be more limited
What are the fees relative to other payment methods?
Your fees will vary depending on your exact cash payment method. You’ll also find different standard commissions and fees depending on your method.
- Peer-to-peer cash in hand. Zero fees other than what’s included in the transaction cost.
- Cash transfer at banks. This might have no or low fees, while the cheap transfers might also help you find more competitive rates from Bitcoin sellers.
- Money transfer service. The fees will depend on which service you use, and whether there are also currency exchange fees involved.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in Indonesia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra Luna Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Dogecoin with a credit card in Indonesia
Want to know how to buy Dogecoin with a credit card in
Indonesia? Find out in this step-by-step guide for beginners.
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE) in Indonesia
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Pendle, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (PENDLE).
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Finder Cryptocurrency Adoption Index
Finder’s Cryptocurrency Adoption Index measures the growth of cryptocurrencies across the world through a regular survey.
A beginner’s guide to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency ETFs
ERROR – Please specify a content_type in the partial shortcode.
Bitcoin mining: How does Bitcoin mining work and is it profitable?
Learn more about Bitcoin’s inner workings with the complete guide to Bitcoin mining.
Compare and learn about cryptocurrency trading bots
Your detailed guide to cryptocurrency trading bots, how they work and the benefits and risks you need to consider when choosing a crypto trading bot.
Ask an Expert