Huntington Unlimited Business Checking review
Get unlimited transactions and one of five bonus benefits with this business checking account.
finder.com’s rating: 2.2 / 5.0
Huntington National Bank’s Unlimited Business Checking account is a midrange option for businesses operating in the Midwest that aren’t ready to graduate to an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account. But the Unlimited Business Checking account is not interest-bearing and it has a preference for digital deposits.
$20 per month
Minimum deposit to open
|Fee||$20 per month|
|To waive the fee||Maintain $10,000 in combined deposit relationship balances|
|Minimum deposit to open||$0|
|Intro or bonus offer||Get $400 when you open a new Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account by March 7, 2022. You must deposit at least $5,000 within 60 days and keep the account open for at least 90 days.|
|ATMs||Free at more than 1,800 ATMs|
|Out-of-network ATM fee||$3|
|Foreign transaction fee||3%|
Rhys Subitch is a former writer and editor at Finder who tackled topics across the site. With half a decade of experience researching, editing, and writing for a Fortune 500 company, university, and several independent publications, Rhys brought readers the most up-to-date and curated information on all things finance.
Huntington’s Unlimited Business Checking provides a mid-tier option for small businesses that aren’t ready to sign up for the Unlimited Plus Business Checking account. It’s best for business owners who can comfortably maintain $10,000 across all Huntington business accounts to avoid the $20 monthly fee.
While the account offers unlimited transactions, it has a preference for digital deposits as there are limited branch locations. Cash deposits don’t count as a “transaction” and are capped at $10,000 a month. If you bring in more than $10,000 in cash a month, this isn’t the best account for your business.
How do I open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account?
To open an account, you’ll need to find the nearest branch:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the Huntington National Bank website, select Find a branch at the top of the page.
- Enter your ZIP code or address or select Use current location and Go.
- Select a location on the map for details.
In order to apply for an Unlimited Business Checking account, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- Valid Social Security number
- Business located within Huntington National Bank’s service area
You’ll need to bring documentation based on your business type.
What are the benefits of a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account?
A Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account includes:
- Unlimited transactions. Make as many transactions as you need each month, including check deposits, ticket deposits, ACH debits and credits, debit card purchases and bill payment transactions. Cash deposits are capped at $10,000 a month. After that, you’ll pay 30 cents for every $100 you deposit.
- Bonus services. Choose one of five bonus features: a fraud tool, 10% Paychex discount, two complimentary incoming domestic wires per month, up to 25 returned deposit items per month or a deposit scan tool.
- Overdraft protection. With Huntington’s 24-hour grace period, you have more time to make a deposit to avoid overdraft fees. But you can’t use it to waive return fees.
- $400 bonus. Get $400 when you open a new Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account by March 07, 2022 and deposit at least $5,000 within 60 days. You must also keep the account open for at least 90 days.
What should I look out for?
The Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account is not interest-bearing, among other potential drawbacks:
- Checking deposit fee. You’re encouraged to use the deposit scan tool for cash or check deposits to your account, which allows you to avoid the 30-cent fee on every $100 above a $10,000 limit for deposits at branches or ATMs.
- Limited locations. Huntington National Bank’s footprint is limited to Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
If you prefer an interest-bearing account with branch locations near you, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when looking for a checking account.
Huntington National Bank’s ATM network and fees
According to the Huntington National Bank website, there are nearly 1,000 branches and over 1,800 ATMs in its network.
|Overdraft and returned payment||$36|
|Stop payment, over the phone or in branch||$31|
|Stop payment, online||$25|
|Account statement, paper||$3|
|Account statement, paperless||$0|
|Cash back at a register||$0|
Compare with other business checking accounts
Find out how the Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account stacks up against other providers.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
You can access your funds a number of ways, including:
- ATMs. Check your balance, make withdrawals and deposit cash and checks.
- ACH transfers.Send funds to and from your account.
- Wire transfers. Wire money into and out of your business account. Huntington charges $18 for incoming domestic wire transfers and $25 for incoming international wire transfers. Outgoing wire transfers cost $45 or $75 depending on whether they are domestic or international.
- Mobile app. Pay bills and make check deposits and ACH transfers.
What other business checking options does Huntington National Bank offer?
Huntington National Bank offers several business account options:
- Unlimited Plus Business Checking. This interest-bearing account includes unlimited transactions and the choice of two bonus features.
- Business Checking 100. Limits monthly transactions to 100 in-person and ATM deposits to $5,000.
- Business Analyzed Checking. Charges fees for each transaction that can be offset by an earnings credit.
How to contact Huntington National Bank
You can contact support in three ways:
- Visit a branch for in-person assistance.
- Call 800-480-2265 any day from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. for general help or call 800-480-2001 on weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. or Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET.
- Start a live chat with a customer support agent through the website by clicking on Ask Us.
Frequently asked questions
Can I get overdraft protection without a credit line?
Yes. You can link another Huntington deposit account to use for overdraft protection. Transfers are made without a fee, but money market accounts have a limited number of transfers available per month.
What is the Hub?
Huntington offers the Hub for business account holders. It includes tools, such as spending analysis, a monthly view of income and expenses, cash position and a cash flow forecast.
Does the money in my Unlimited Business Checking account gain interest?
No. Only the Unlimited Plus Business Checking account bears interest.
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.