Huntington Unlimited Business Checking review
Get unlimited transactions and one of five bonus benefits with this business checking account.
finder.com’s rating: 2.2 / 5.0
Huntington National Bank’s Unlimited Business Checking account is a midrange option for businesses operating in the Midwest that aren’t ready to graduate to an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account. But the Unlimited Business Checking account is not interest-bearing and it has a preference for digital deposits.
$20 per month
|Monthly fee||$20 per month|
|To waive the fee||Maintain $10,000 in combined deposit relationship balances|
|Intro or bonus offer||Open an Unlimited Business Checking account, earn $300. Conditions apply|
|ATMs||Free at more than 1,800 ATMs across the Midwest|
|Out-of-network ATM fee||$3|
Rhys Subitch is a writer and editor at finder.com who tackles topics across the site. With half a decade of experience researching, editing and writing for a Fortune 500 company, university and several independent publications, Rhys brings readers the most up-to-date and curated info on all things finance.
Huntington’s Unlimited Business Checking provides a mid-tier option for small businesses that aren’t ready to sign up for the Unlimited Plus Business Checking account. While the account does offers unlimited transactions, it has a preference for digital deposits, there are limited locations and there’s no online assistance.
What are the benefits of business checking with Huntington National Bank?
A Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account includes:
- Unlimited transactions. Make as many transactions as you need each month.
- Bonus services. Choose one of five bonus features: a fraud tool, 10% Paychex discount, two complementary incoming domestic wires per month, up to 25 returned deposit items per month or a deposit scan tool.
What should I look out for?
The Unlimited Business checking account is not interest-bearing, among other potential drawbacks:
- Monthly maintenance fee. Huntington waives the $20 monthly maintenance fee if the total balance among your business deposit accounts exceeds $10,000.
- Checking deposit fee. You’re encouraged to use the deposit scan tool for cash or check deposits to your account, which allows you to avoid the 30-cent fee on every $100 above a $10,000 limit for deposits at branches or ATMs.
- Limited locations. Huntington National Bank only operates in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- No online assistance. You’ll need to go to a branch location to open a business account. For questions you can call 800-480-2265 or go to a branch.
If you prefer an interest-bearing account with branch locations near you, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when looking for a checking account.
Huntington National Bank’s ATM network and fees
According to the Huntington National Bank website, there are nearly 1,000 branches and over 1,800 ATMs in its network.
|Overdraft and returned payment||$37.50|
|Stop payment, over the phone or in branch||$31|
|Stop payment, online||$25|
|Account statement, paper||$3|
|Account statement, paperless||$0|
|Cash back at a register||$0|
Compare with other business checking accounts
Find out how the Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account stacks up against other providers.
How do I open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account?
To open an account, you’ll need to find the nearest branch:
- Go to the Huntington National Bank website and select Find a branch at the top of the page.
- Enter your ZIP code or address or select Use current location and Go.
- Select a location on the map for details.
In order to apply for an Unlimited Business Checking account, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- Valid Social Security number
- Business located within Huntington National Bank’s service area
You’ll need to bring documentation based on your business type.
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
You can access your funds a number of ways, including:
- ATMs. Check your balance, make withdrawals and deposit cash and checks.
- ACH transfers.Send funds to and from your account.
- Wire transfers. Wire money into and out of your business account. Outgoing wires typically come at a fee.
- Mobile app. Pay bills and make check deposits and ACH transfers.
What other business checking options does Huntington National Bank offer?
Huntington National Bank offers several business account options:
- Unlimited Plus Business Checking. This interest-bearing account includes unlimited transactions and the choice of two bonus features.
- Business Checking 100. Limits monthly transactions to 100 in-person and ATM deposits to $5,000.
- Business Analyzed Checking. Charges fees for each transaction that can be offset by an earnings credit.
Frequently asked questions
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.