Huntington Unlimited Business Checking review
Get unlimited transactions and one of five bonus benefits with this business checking account.
finder.com’s rating: 2.2 / 5.0
Huntington National Bank’s Unlimited Business Checking account is a midrange option for businesses operating in the Midwest that aren’t ready to graduate to an Unlimited Plus Business Checking account. But the Unlimited Business Checking account is not interest-bearing and it has a preference for digital deposits.
$20 per month
|Fee||$20 per month|
|To waive the fee||Maintain $10,000 in combined deposit relationship balances|
|Intro or bonus offer||Open an Unlimited Business Checking account, earn $300. Conditions apply|
|ATMs||Free at more than 1,800 ATMs across the Midwest|
|Out-of-network ATM fee||$3|
Rhys Subitch is a writer and editor at Finder who tackles topics across the site. With half a decade of experience researching, editing and writing for a Fortune 500 company, university and several independent publications, Rhys brings readers the most up-to-date and curated info on all things finance.
Huntington’s Unlimited Business Checking provides a mid-tier option for small businesses that aren’t ready to sign up for the Unlimited Plus Business Checking account. It’s best for business owners who can comfortably maintain $10,000 across all Huntington business accounts to avoid the $20 monthly fee. However, Huntington is waiving this fee for the rest of 2020 to help business owners affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
While the account offers unlimited transactions, it has a preference for digital deposits as there are limited branch locations and no online assistance. Cash deposits don’t count as a “transaction” and are capped at $10,000 a month. If you bring in more than $10,000 in cash a month, this isn’t the best account for your business.
How do I open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account?
To open an account, you’ll need to find the nearest branch:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the Huntington National Bank website, select Find a branch at the top of the page.
- Enter your ZIP code or address or select Use current location and Go.
- Select a location on the map for details.
In order to apply for an Unlimited Business Checking account, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- Valid Social Security number
- Business located within Huntington National Bank’s service area
You’ll need to bring documentation based on your business type.
What are the benefits of a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account?
A Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account includes:
- Unlimited transactions. Make as many transactions as you need each month, including check deposits, ticket deposits, ACH debits and credits, debit card purchases and bill payment transactions. Cash deposits are capped at $10,000 a month. After that, you’ll pay 30 cents for every $100 you deposit.
- Bonus services. Choose one of five bonus features: a fraud tool, 10% Paychex discount, two complementary incoming domestic wires per month, up to 25 returned deposit items per month or a deposit scan tool.
- Waived monthly fee. For the remainder of 2020, Huntington Bank is waiving the $20 monthly fee to help bring financial relief during the COVID-19 pandemic. Previously, you’d need to keep at least $10,000 in your deposit accounts to avoid this fee.
- Overdraft protection. With Huntington’s 24-hour grace period, you have more time to make a deposit to avoid overdraft fees. But you can’t use it to waive return fees.
What should I look out for?
The Unlimited Business checking account is not interest-bearing, among other potential drawbacks:
- Checking deposit fee. You’re encouraged to use the deposit scan tool for cash or check deposits to your account, which allows you to avoid the 30-cent fee on every $100 above a $10,000 limit for deposits at branches or ATMs.
- Limited locations. Huntington National Bank only operates in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- No online assistance. You’ll need to go to a branch location to open a business account. For questions you can call 800-480-2265 or go to a branch.
If you prefer an interest-bearing account with branch locations near you, you’ll want to keep looking. As always, compare your options when looking for a checking account.
Huntington National Bank’s ATM network and fees
According to the Huntington National Bank website, there are nearly 1,000 branches and over 1,800 ATMs in its network.
|Overdraft and returned payment||$37.50|
|Stop payment, over the phone or in branch||$31|
|Stop payment, online||$25|
|Account statement, paper||$3|
|Account statement, paperless||$0|
|Cash back at a register||$0|
Compare with other business checking accounts
Find out how the Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account stacks up against other providers.
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
You can access your funds a number of ways, including:
- ATMs. Check your balance, make withdrawals and deposit cash and checks.
- ACH transfers.Send funds to and from your account.
- Wire transfers. Wire money into and out of your business account. Outgoing wires typically come at a fee.
- Mobile app. Pay bills and make check deposits and ACH transfers.
What other business checking options does Huntington National Bank offer?
Huntington National Bank offers several business account options:
- Unlimited Plus Business Checking. This interest-bearing account includes unlimited transactions and the choice of two bonus features.
- Business Checking 100. Limits monthly transactions to 100 in-person and ATM deposits to $5,000.
- Business Analyzed Checking. Charges fees for each transaction that can be offset by an earnings credit.
Frequently asked questions
Checking account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top checking accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: monthly fees, the ease at which monthly fees can be waived, the breadth of ATM access, ATM and overdraft fees, and customer service.