Earn up to 1.81% APY — but only on balances of $25,000 or more.
The Huntington Relationship Money Market account earns interest and comes with an ATM card. But transactions are limited and a sizable $25,000 opening deposit is required.
|Fee||$25 per month|
|To waive the fee||Maintain an average daily balance of $25,000 |
OR have either a Huntington 5 or Huntington 25 checking account
|Minimum deposit to open||$25,000|
|Minimum balance to earn interest||$25,000|
|Monthly transaction limit||6|
|Fee per transaction over the limit||$5|
What are the benefits of a savings account with Huntington?
Take advantage of mobile check deposit along with the following:
- 24-hour overdraft grace period. Worried about overdrawing your account? Huntington’s overdraft grace period gives you 24 hours to make a deposit and avoid an overdraft fee.
- Helps create savings goals. With its Goal Getter feature, you can map out a savings plan for multiple goals and watch your budget.
- ATM access. This account comes with a debit card for easy access to your funds.
- Tiered interest. You’ll need at least $25,000 in your account to earn interest, with APYs that start at 1.51 and top out at 1.81% for those who carry Huntington checking accounts.
- $25,000 opening deposit. Be prepared to deposit a hefty $25,000 to open this account.
- $25 maintenance fee. It’s possible to have the $25 maintenance fee waived, but you’ll either need a Huntington 5 or Huntington 25 checking account, or minimum account balance of $25,000.
- Transaction fees. If you make more than six transfers per statement cycle, each subsequent transfer will be charged $5.
- Limited availability. Huntington accounts are only available to residents of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
- US citizen
- At least 18 years old
- Social Security number
- Valid driver’s license or state ID
- Valid bank account
- Minimum opening deposit of $25,000
- Resident of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania or West Virginia
- Name, date of birth and residential address
- Contact information
- Employment details
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or state ID
- External bank account number and routing number of funding account
- Online deposit. Transfer funds to or from an externally linked account.
- Mobile check deposit. Using the Huntington mobile banking app, make a mobile check deposit using your smartphone.
- ATM. Huntington’s ATM network encompasses over 1,800 ATMs across the states it services.
- Wire transfer. Incoming wire transfers cost $15, while outgoing transfers cost $25.
- In person. Visit a Huntington branch to make a deposit or withdrawal in person.
- Huntington Premier Savings account. Waive the $4 monthly account fee by maintaining a daily balance of $300 and enjoy overdraft protection and mobile banking. But it’s low 0.02% APY may have you looking elsewhere.
- Huntington Relationship Savings account. Link an eligible Huntington checking account to this savings product for up just a 0.25% APY. This account has no monthly maintenance fee.
- CDs. Terms of up to 72 months are available with APYs that range from 0.01% to 0.55%.
- Business Premier Savings account. Ideal for businesses with less than $10,000 in savings, this account comes with a Huntington Debit Mastercard and offers treasury management and overdraft protection.
- Business Premier Plus Money Market account. Maintain a daily account balance of $10,000 or more to waive the $10 monthly account fee and capitalize on mobile banking, payroll services and a Huntington Debit Mastercard.
- Business CDs. Open a business CD to earn interest on your savings with no monthly fees.
What should I look out for?
This account has several notable shortcomings:
Compare money market accounts
How do I open an account?
1. Go to Huntington’s website and click Open Online.
2. Enter your full name and email address. Then, review Huntington’s eligibility questions. Click Continue.
3. Enter your ID information, including your ID number, state of issue and date of issue. Next, enter your residential address, date of birth and Social Security number. Click Continue.
4. Review your submitted information and make any necessary changes. Then, read through Huntington’s account disclosures and terms and conditions.
5. Finally, you’ll need to fund your account. Make a deposit of at least $25,000 from an externally linked account to complete the application process. Your debit card will arrive by mail within seven to 10 business days.
Meet the following criteria to maintain eligibility for this account:
Before you begin the application process, gather the following:
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
There are numerous ways to access funds but be wary of excessive transaction fees.
What other savings options does Huntington offer?
Browse Huntington’s ample suite of savings products:
This money market account offers ATM access and overdraft protection, but you’ll need at least $25,000 to open an account and earn interest on your savings.
Not sure if this account is right for you? Explore your savings account options with other providers to compare rates, account features and eligibility criteria.