Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
HP discount and promo codes
Best deal: Extra 5% off accessories and monitors with a PC purchase
This leading tech company offers the latest in laptops, desktops, workstations, printers, monitors and other home and office essentials.
How do I use my promo code?
To use your HP promo code, follow these steps.
- Visit the HP website.
- Add the items you’d like to buy to your cart.
- Click View cart & checkout to continue.
- Enter your code in the box, then click Apply.
Why is my code not working?
If the site doesn’t accept your discount, your promo code could be expired, not available in your country or case-sensitive. If you have questions about your promo code, contact HP directly.
What can I buy at HP?
HP is one of the top producers of laptop and desktop computers in the US. If you’re just looking to upgrade your setup, displays, monitors and other accessories like keyboards are available. It also sells printers, ink and toner and is beginning to offer some VR equipment.
However you use your PC, HP has an option that works for you. From gaming computers and business solutions to a laptop for your freshman year of college, there’s an HP computer for everyone. With great customer support and warranty options, you can buy with confidence knowing your computer will last and help is available.
- Desktops. For business, gaming, personal use or a mix, HP has a PC solution.
- Laptops and tablets. Browse tons of devices with cutting-edge capabilities and sleek designs to find one that meets your budget.
- Printers and toner. From the small, compact Envy to large LaserJet business printers, HP’s got a wide variety of high-quality printers, ink and toner.
- Accessories. Get a wireless mouse, a second monitor for your office and cases and chargers, all in one place.
- Business solutions. Running a business can be a headache. HP can minimize the stress by managing your company’s software, printers, PCs and more.
Shipping, delivery and payments
Can I get free delivery?
Yes! All HP orders ship standard delivery for free, no matter how much you spend. All ink, toner and paper supplies ship for free with two-day or next-day shipping.
All orders ship standard for free, but you can upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery.
|Order total||Standard shipping||Two-day shipping||Next-day shipping|
|Less than $199.99||FREE||$15||$30|
There are a few shipping restrictions:
- Not all delivery options are available in all areas.
- Oversize products will be delivered in three to six business days.
- Add one business day for orders delivered to Alaska or Hawaii and for custom laptop orders.
- HP does not ship or deliver on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day.
- A signature is required for most deliveries.
How can I track my order?
Once your order ships, HP sends you an email with your FedEx tracking information. Use the link provided to track your order, or copy and paste the tracking number into FedEx’s delivery lookup feature on its website.
Pay for your order on HP’s secure site using Discover, Visa, Mastercard, American Express, PayPal or HP.com gift cards.
HP matches the price of any current, direct-fulfilled, pretax comparable PC and identical HP printer model numbers from any major online competitor, including Dell.com, Lenovo.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, TigerDirect.com, Newegg.com and Staples.com. Call 800-888-0229 to discuss your discount.
- Note: HP is required to collect an electronic waste recycling fee for all orders shipped to California. The amount of this fee depends on the size of your item.
What is HP’s return policy?
You can return most items to HP for a refund within 30 days of purchase. If you’re outside of this 30-day window, you might still be able to get a refund — just check with customer service.
There are a few exceptions to this return policy, though, including:
- Gift cards cannot be returned, except where required by law.
- Packaged software can only be returned if the original packaging is unopened.
- You’ll be charged a 15% restocking fee for returns on customized PCs, unless the product is defective or the return is a result of an HP.com error.
- Software download and upgrades cannot be returned.
- Large format printers cannot be returned, unless the product is defective or the return is a result of an HP.com error.
Can I exchange my item?
Yes, most items that are eligible for a return are also eligible for an exchange.
Are HP returns free?
Yes, you’ll get a free pre-paid return shipping label to make your return. However, there may be a restocking fee of up to 15% for some items.
How do I return an item to HP?
To make a return, follow these steps:
- Request a return merchandise authorization (RMA) by contacting customer service.
- Print your FedEx pre-paid shipping label.
- Place return items in their original packaging.
- Attach the return shipping label to the outside of the box.
- Drop off the package at any FedEx location.
HP returns address
You’ll have to request an RMA and return shipping label from HP customer service before you’ll be able to make a return. The correct shipping address is filled out for you on your free shipping label.
When’s the next HP sale?
Look for sales and discounts on HP.com during holidays like Memorial Day, Labor Day and, of course, Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
You could also save on HP merchandise if you find a comparable PC or identical HP printer for sale online at a better price. Just get in touch with HP customer service to get your price match discount.
If you want to stay in the loop about the latest sales and discounts for all your favorite stores, be sure to sign up for finder’s deals newsletter.
What sets this brand apart?
With top notch customer service and free shipping, shopping with HP will be easy and straightforward. However, there are even more reasons to shop with this brand, like its wide variety of products to suit your unique tech needs. Its stellar, extremely established reputation is another great reason to choose HP.
What do people really say about HP?
Happy customers describe HP’s products and staff as top of the line. They praise HP’s excellent service in sales and repairs. However, some buyers were unsatisfied with the quality of their product. They hold that HP’s technology and products are subpar and outdated.
What is HP’s history?
Hewlett-Packard (HP) was founded in a one car garage in Palo Alto by two Stanford grads nearly a century ago. Today, HP is one of the top producers of computers in the entire world. One fun fact is that Walt Disney was one of its first customers. The famous creative purchased sound equipment from HP while making Fantasia.
What about social media?
Get your tech fix by connecting with HP on all your favorite social media sites. From Facebook to Instagram to LinkedIn, HP is never far. Following HP on social media is a great way to find out first about any limited-time deals.
How can I contact customer support?
Need to get in touch with customer service? Call 650-857-1501 to reach them. For sales, call 888-999-4747.
Pros and cons
- Large variety at tiered prices. Computers, tablets and printers can be expensive. HP offers a nice selection sorted by budget.
- Shop weekly deals. Filter your search by weekly deals or sale items.
- Free shipping on all orders. Enjoy free standard shipping no matter how much you spend.
- Price-match policy. If you find the same PC or printer model for a cheaper price from any nationally recognized online retailer, HP will match the pretax price.
- No changes on orders. No matter how small the change, orders are fixed once submitted. You can, however, cancel an order within an hour of placing it.
HP is a trusted company producing a wide range of PCs, laptops, tablets and printers. No matter your budget, chances are you'll find something to fit your needs and your wallet — and free shipping on all orders doesn’t hurt.
Frequently asked questions
Should I register my HP products?
It isn’t required, but registering your products with HP can help you receive better customer support, important product alerts and special promotions. Visit HP’s Product Registration page to get started.
I need a part for an HP product that I can’t find online. What should I do?
If you can’t find what you need on HP.com, try searching for the part in the HP’s online Parts Store.
What’s an HP Care Pack?
HP Care Packs offer a longer warranties, expanded coverage and added protection for your products. You’ll have the option of adding a Care Pack for your HP product at checkout.
Our top picks from HP
HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer from HP
HP Office Inkjet All-in-One Printers are designed for micro/small business users looking for an all-in-one capable of printing professional-quality documents in rich, attention-grabbing color at a low cost per page.View details
Or check this out:
More guides on Finder
Mercari review: How it works, pros, cons and more
Is Mercari the best secondhand app to buy or sell your goods? See Mercari pros and cons, reviews and complaints and general FAQs to decide.
Best store credit cards of 2021
Here are our picks for the best store cards of the year.
How do Office Depot and Office Max rewards work?
Get 2% back in rewards when you shop for office supplies.
How do New Balance myNB rewards work?
Get $5 for every $100 you spend on this popular fitness brand.
Chewy online shopping review
Here’s what you need to know about Chewy, the popular pet retailer that offers fast shipping, a wide-variety of products and 24/7 customer service.
Retailer cashback reward programs
12 retailer loyalty and cashback programs that reward you for shopping.
PatPat promo codes
Promo codes, deals and discounts on PatPat clothes for kids and moms, home goods and more.
Lululemon Boxing Day sales 2021
Score savings on the season’s hottest athleisure trends with the Boxing Day sales from Lululemon.
Perpay lets you pay for items in interest-free installments. We analyze the fine print so you can decide if it’s worth using.
Can’t find a laptop for school? We’ve scoured the web for Apple, HP and Dell in stock
If your local store is out of stock, get the equipment your child needs for virtual learning rush-shipped.
Ask an Expert