Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to sell on Newegg
How to set up for success on this online marketplace for electronics.
Updated . What changed?
Newegg is a tech-focused online marketplace where users can buy and sell computer products and consumer electronics. As a Newegg seller, you can list and promote your products to millions of buyers in more than 80 countries.
It offers a free service tier and a variety of product categories to sell in. But there's a lot to know before you can begin selling on the Newegg marketplace.
How much does it cost to sell on Newegg?
There is no fee to create a Newegg account or to sign up for the platform's cross-border selling program, Newegg Global. However, register for a paid monthly membership if you want to access additional account features.
Premium seller store
Curated marketing programs
Personalized post-purchase email
Shipped by Newegg SBN fulfillment
Newegg shipping label service
Up to 5,000
Up to 25,000
When you sell to international buyers through Newegg Global, you'll also need to pay a sales commission on each item you sell. Sales in the US attract a flat commission of 12%, but commission rates for sales to other countries vary by product category.
Let's crunch the numbers
Sue sells on a Standard Newegg plan and sells a vacuum cleaner for $400 that includes shipping.
- The commission rate for home and living products is 12%.
- Newegg takes a commission of $48.
- Sue receives a payment of $352.
How do I start selling on Newegg?
Create and account and list your products to start selling on Newegg.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Go to newegg.com/sellers and click Apply.
- Complete the application form with information about your business:
- Company name
- Contact information
- Business type
- Countries you want to reach
- Any integration software that you use
- Annual sales
- Number of SKUs
- % of inventory stocked in your warehouse
- Merchandise categories
3. Click Submit your application.
Newegg reviews applications as they are submitted, and contacts you with its decision.
If accepted, you'll choose a membership plan and then list your products.
How do I list products on Newegg?
There are two ways to list products on Newegg:
- CSV manual upload. Add your products manually, one at a time. This is ideal if you have a few unique products to sell, rather than a large inventory.
- API Integration. Connect an e-commerce platform to Newegg to upload your inventory automatically and get real-time synchronization.
How do I market my products on Newegg?
Newegg's marketing tools are only available for sellers with a paid membership plan. Pick one of its packages to showcase your goods, including:
- Homepage deals
- Category and specialty pages
- Promotional emails
- Customized printed box inserts
- Affiliate partnerships
- Google shopping spotlight
- Enhanced content services
- Video production
- Social media features
- Curated Insider guide
- GameCrate partner site
Newegg's in-house marketing team can help you design the advertisement. The cost of a Newegg marketing package varies, depending on the size, duration and details of the ad.
Integrating Newegg with an existing store
If you have an online business, you want to sell on multiple channels to reach as many customers as possible. If you use an e-commerce platform like Shopify or BigCommerce, link your existing store to Newegg — plus other stores like Amazon, Facebook and Wish. You can track your inventory and sales from one central location and sell across channels.
Compare e-commerce platforms
What can't I sell on Newegg?
Newegg is best known as an online tech marketplace for computers and electronics. You can also sell in almost any category, but be aware of prohibited categories, including:
- Adult products
- Used clothing
- Counterfeit items
- Event tickets
- Firearms and weapons
- Medical devices
How to find products to sell
Find products to sell on Newegg by:
- Explore the market. Browse the Newegg marketplace to find popular products and price points.
- Comparing niche and popular products. Decide whether you want to sell products in a specialist niche or sell in-demand products that everyone needs.
- Shopping suppliers. Compare quotes from a range of suppliers, considering where your inventory is stored and how it's shipped to buyers.
How to price your items
Consider a few factors when pricing your products on Newegg:
- Your expenses. Add up how much it costs you to source, store and ship each item in your inventory. You'll also need to include all other overhead costs, including Newegg fees.
- The market. Research the price points other sellers have chosen for similar products. This should give you an idea of the most successful pricing strategies.
- Your buyers. Experiment with different pricing strategies to find out how much buyers are willing to pay.
How can I increase profits on Newegg?
do a few simple things to increase your chances of success:
- Research the market. Browse Newegg's sales categories to find out which products are popular sellers and why. Is there a gap in the market you can fill? Can you offer similar products at lower prices?
- Calculate all costs. Before you sign up and start selling, make sure you understand the costs. From membership fees and commission rates to the cost of sourcing, storing and shipping stock, there are several expenses you need to consider.
- Create better listings. Use high-quality product images and ensure that all product descriptions are SEO-friendly. This helps you attract more customers and increase your chances of converting browsers into buyers.
- Find ways to save. From using a third-party fulfillment provider to opening an online seller account to save money when you convert sales revenue, there are plenty of ways to cut costs when you sell on Newegg.
What types of payment does Newegg accept?
Buyers on Newegg can pay for their purchases using the following methods:
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
- Newegg gift cards and store credit cards
Online sellers can receive payments from Newegg by:
- Wire transfer
How to get paid by international buyers
When international buyers pay you in foreign currency, you'll need to find a cost-effective way to convert those funds back to USD.
If you have an international bank account, enter your account information during registration to receive payment by wire transfer from international buyers. Or, you can opt to have Newegg deposit international sales revenue into your PayPal or Payoneer account.
Compare exchange rates and fees for each option before you sign up.
How to organize shipping
There are multiple shipping options to choose from on Newegg:
- Ship items yourself. You can ship items directly to your customers using a traditional carrier or a dedicated courier service. Consider both domestic and international shipping costs and time frames to find the fastest and most cost-effective methods.
- Shipped by Newegg (SBN). Shipped by Newegg is the platform's order fulfillment service. When you use SBN, Newegg picks, packages and ships your orders, handles returns and provides customer service for shipped products.
How do I market my Newegg products?
Newegg offers sellers the following paid advertising opportunities:
- On-site promotions. Purchase a Featured Sellers or Daily Deals marketing package to boost your product visibility on the platform.
- Newegg marketing programs. Qualify for a Newegg marketing program to participate in social media campaigns and exclusive blog posts.
- Personalized post-purchase email. Encourage repeat business with scheduled post-purchase email campaigns.
If you sign up for a paid membership plan, take advantage of the Premium Seller Store feature. Use this to customize your store appearance, feature products and incorporate video or HTML on your landing page.
What to watch out for with Newegg
There are a few issues to be aware of if you're thinking of selling on Newegg:
- High sales commissions. Newegg commission rates for most products range from 10% to 15%, so consider the impact these fees will have on your bottom line.
- Limited free features. Sign up for a paid membership plan to access the best sales tools and resources on Newegg.
- Tech focus. While you can list a wide range of items, Newegg is best known as an electronics marketplace. If you're selling outside traditional tech categories, your products might be better suited to other marketplaces.
This tech-oriented marketplace offers a free service tier to help beginners get the ball rolling, but commission rates can be steep and there's no guarantee you'll make a profit. Maintain high-quality listings and fair price points to increase your odds of success. And if you want to sell on multiple sites, compare e-commerce platforms that can help.
Frequently asked questions
How does Neweg bill me for my membership?
Professional and Enterprise memberships are billed on the 21st of each month.
Can I pay for Newegg membership features a la carte?
No, Newegg membership features are only available to those sellers who enroll in the membership tier.
Who is responsible for customer service?
If you ship products yourself, you are responsible for customer service. But if your items are delivered through the Shipped by Newegg service, Newegg provides customer service.
What is Newegg Premier?
Newegg Premier is a membership plan for Newegg shoppers that entitles them to discounted shipping, exclusive deals and other benefits.
More guides on Finder
Apps like Acorns
Acorns alternatives offer lower fees and more investment options. Learn more.
Ulta Beauty’s Fall Haul Sale 2021
Shop Ulta’s sale event, with deep discounts on products including L’Oréal mascara, Bioré pore strips and Not Your Mother’s dry shampoo.
Mercari review: How it works, pros, cons and more
Is Mercari the best secondhand app to buy or sell your goods? See Mercari pros and cons, reviews and complaints and general FAQs to decide.
Should you sell on Poshmark or Tradesy?
Compare pros and cons of selling on Poshmark vs. Tradesy to help you get the most for your secondhand clothing, shoes and accessories.
How to pick stocks: 8 steps for new investors
Balance your portfolio and maximize returns with these tips.
How can you use your health savings account (HSA) as a retirement investment?
A health savings account (HSA) can help you get prepared for your retirement. Learn more.
Best business credit cards for 2021
Here are our top picks for 2021.
What are the best stocks of 2021?
Our algorithm selected 20 Aussie stocks worth watching in 2021.
Compare printers: How to choose between inkjet and laser printers
We’ll walk you through the steps to choose a new printer for your home or office.
Sites like Mercari
Looking for an alternative to Mercari? Here are some worthy competitors that offer high-end brands at steep discounts.
Ask an Expert