Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy, sell and trade YOYOW (YOYO) in the US
YOYOW (YOYO): A beginner buyer’s guide to learning where to buy it, how to store it and things you should consider.
YOYOW is an acronym for “You Own Your Own Words”. This is a blockchain network that rewards content creators based on user ratings.
The YOYOW ecosystem uses YOYO tokens as a transaction tool within its network. The creators of the YOYOW platform are working to allow content community platforms to create their own tokens in the future, based on the YOYO token.
To learn more about buying YOYO tokens, how to sell them, store them and things to consider before buying, read on.
Where to buy YOYO in the US
You can buy YOYO tokens on several exchanges with cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH), or with fiat currencies.Error! Reason provided: No oembed.json or oembed.php found for finder-sandbox
A step-by-step guide to buying YOYO
If you want to buy YOYO, here is an example of what you could do:
Step 1. Create an account at an exchange that offers YOYO
You can compare exchanges above that list YOYO and sign up at the one that best suits your needs. Keep in mind that to use the trading services of most crypto exchanges, you will need to verify your identity.
Step 2. Deposit funds into your account
Some exchanges allow fiat currency deposits, but the majority only accept cryptocurrency deposits. You will need to obtain a cryptocurrency that can be paired with YOYO. As BTC is one of the most commonly paired cryptocurrencies, let’s use it as an example. If you don’t have any cryptocurrency such as BTC, you can follow our guide on how to purchase it.
Step 3. Buy YOYO
To buy YOYO, navigate to the exchange or markets section, depending on the exchange you use, and search for YOYO. If you are buying YOYO with BTC, you would find the YOYO/BTC pairing and enter the number of YOYO tokens you want to buy.
Now that you have YOYO tokens, you can withdraw them to your wallet unless you want to trade them on the exchange.
How to sell YOYO
You can sell YOYO tokens on the same exchange where you bought them. This process is similar to step 3 except you would select the currency pairing you wish to exchange (such as YOYO/BTC) and use the “Sell” function of the website. This would typically involve entering the number of tokens you want to exchange and hitting the “Sell” button.
Which wallets can I use to hold YOYO?
The YOYOW platform offers two wallets to store YOYO tokens:
- Desktop wallet. This version is available for Windows and Mac OS, and you can download it from the YOYOW website. Aside from using it to transfer YOYO tokens between accounts, you can also use it to convert the main platform YOYO tokens to ERC20-compatible tokens and vice versa.
- Web wallet. This is a completely identical wallet to the desktop version, except you can access it through your browser. If you are using this version, it is essential that you log in only from a computer that you own.
Note that YOYOW has released an ERC20 version of the token with the symbol YYW. Hence, the following wallets may be used to store this variant of YOYO.
What is the YOYOW platform?
The team behind YOYO believes that content providers bring massive traffic and income to social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Reddit, but these providers aren’t rewarded for their content.
YOYO wants to change that with the use of blockchain to create a transparent evaluation system and a new social media platform that rewards content creators. This concept is known as the proof-of-taste algorithm (PoT) or proof of flow (PoF). The network accepts content in all formats: video, text, audio, image and live stream, and that content can be shared on all social platforms.
What are the uses of YOYO tokens?
YOYO tokens are designed for:
- Rating content
- Applying to be a witness (the nearest equivalent to a YOYO witness would be a bitcoin miner) using YOYO tokens as collateral
- Applying to set up a platform using YOYO tokens as collateral
- Making transactions within the YOYO platform
Real-world applications for YOYO
The goal of the YOYOW network is to cover as many areas of content creation as possible and reward the creators with YOYO tokens. The platforms the YOYOW network wants to cover are:
- Social media platforms. YOYOW wants to establish its platform in the manner of Steemit, then develop it to be a large social network like Facebook and Twitter.
- Blogging platforms. Bloggers create massive written content, which can be rewarded with YOYO tokens.
- Encyclopedia platforms. This is another example of large text-based content that can be rewarded with tokens.
- Forum platforms. With respect to forum platforms, the YOYOW network will reward the users with the highest ratings.
- Q&A platforms. The team behind YOYO believes that ‘Question & Answer’ online platforms don’t reward the best answers. The developers plan to use YOYO tokens to change this and incentivize users to participate.
- Traditional websites. For traditional websites, YOYOW wants to switch ad revenue to token rewards for the content created.
- Video and live streaming platforms. The approach to rewarding video content and live streaming is the same as with the previous platforms. The better the quality of the content, the more tokens they will receive.
- Content aggregation platforms. For these platforms, YOYOW wants to make an embedded repost function to push relevant content to readers and reward the content creators.
What to consider when buying YOYO
If you consider buying YOYO or other cryptocurrencies, make sure you understand the risks involved. Here are some points to consider when deciding whether to buy YOYO tokens:
- Supply. According to CoinMarketCap, the circulating supply of YOYO tokens in March 2018 was 244,409,119 tokens. The total supply is 300,000,000.
- Use. YOYO tokens are used to reward content creators on the YOYOW platform.
- White paper. If you want to read more about the YOYOW platform and its tokens, you can check out its white paper.
- Availability.YOYO is available on several exchanges, some of which accept fiat currency deposits.
- Market competition. What YOYOW is trying to accomplish has already been done to some extent by Steemit, the platform behind the STEEM token. At the beginning of 2018, according to CoinMarketCap, STEEM had a $1 billion market capitalization as opposed to YOYOW’s $30 million.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
What is Yearn Finance?
Learn how to use DeFi aggregator Yearn Finance to earn interest on your cryptocurrency.
How to stake Ethereum
Learn how to earn ETH coins by locking up ETH with this guide.
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let’s see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
Investing strategy: How growth stocks can make you money
Learn how to strategically find and invest in booming companies.
Filecoin: How it works and where to buy
Learn more about the Filecoin cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Lucira Health COVID-19 test kit review
The first at-home rapid test offers results in 11 minutes — find out how to buy it.
Ethereum price jumps amidst new partnership announcement with Reddit
Ethereum rallies on the news that Reddit is bringing Ethereum-based rewards to the platform for its 50 million users.
How to invest in blockchain stocks
Comprehensive guide on blockchain stock investing, benefits, risks, main stocks, blockchain ETFs, and more.
What is Uniswap?
Learn more about the UNI cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Compound (COMP): How it works and where to buy
Learn more about the COMP cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Ask an Expert