Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy, sell and trade YOYOW (YOYO) in the US
YOYOW (YOYO): A beginner buyer’s guide to learning where to buy it, how to store it and things you should consider.
YOYOW is an acronym for “You Own Your Own Words”. This is a blockchain network that rewards content creators based on user ratings.
The YOYOW ecosystem uses YOYO tokens as a transaction tool within its network. The creators of the YOYOW platform are working to allow content community platforms to create their own tokens in the future, based on the YOYO token.
To learn more about buying YOYO tokens, how to sell them, store them and things to consider before buying, read on.
Where to buy YOYO in the US
You can buy YOYO tokens on several exchanges with cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH), or with fiat currencies.Error! Reason provided: No oembed.json or oembed.php found for finder-sandbox
A step-by-step guide to buying YOYO
If you want to buy YOYO, here is an example of what you could do:
Step 1. Create an account at an exchange that offers YOYO
You can compare exchanges above that list YOYO and sign up at the one that best suits your needs. Keep in mind that to use the trading services of most crypto exchanges, you will need to verify your identity.
Step 2. Deposit funds into your account
Some exchanges allow fiat currency deposits, but the majority only accept cryptocurrency deposits. You will need to obtain a cryptocurrency that can be paired with YOYO. As BTC is one of the most commonly paired cryptocurrencies, let’s use it as an example. If you don’t have any cryptocurrency such as BTC, you can follow our guide on how to purchase it.
Step 3. Buy YOYO
To buy YOYO, navigate to the exchange or markets section, depending on the exchange you use, and search for YOYO. If you are buying YOYO with BTC, you would find the YOYO/BTC pairing and enter the number of YOYO tokens you want to buy.
Now that you have YOYO tokens, you can withdraw them to your wallet unless you want to trade them on the exchange.
How to sell YOYO
You can sell YOYO tokens on the same exchange where you bought them. This process is similar to step 3 except you would select the currency pairing you wish to exchange (such as YOYO/BTC) and use the “Sell” function of the website. This would typically involve entering the number of tokens you want to exchange and hitting the “Sell” button.
Which wallets can I use to hold YOYO?
The YOYOW platform offers two wallets to store YOYO tokens:
- Desktop wallet. This version is available for Windows and Mac OS, and you can download it from the YOYOW website. Aside from using it to transfer YOYO tokens between accounts, you can also use it to convert the main platform YOYO tokens to ERC20-compatible tokens and vice versa.
- Web wallet. This is a completely identical wallet to the desktop version, except you can access it through your browser. If you are using this version, it is essential that you log in only from a computer that you own.
Note that YOYOW has released an ERC20 version of the token with the symbol YYW. Hence, the following wallets may be used to store this variant of YOYO.
What is the YOYOW platform?
The team behind YOYO believes that content providers bring massive traffic and income to social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Reddit, but these providers aren’t rewarded for their content.
YOYO wants to change that with the use of blockchain to create a transparent evaluation system and a new social media platform that rewards content creators. This concept is known as the proof-of-taste algorithm (PoT) or proof of flow (PoF). The network accepts content in all formats: video, text, audio, image and live stream, and that content can be shared on all social platforms.
What are the uses of YOYO tokens?
YOYO tokens are designed for:
- Rating content
- Applying to be a witness (the nearest equivalent to a YOYO witness would be a bitcoin miner) using YOYO tokens as collateral
- Applying to set up a platform using YOYO tokens as collateral
- Making transactions within the YOYO platform
Real-world applications for YOYO
The goal of the YOYOW network is to cover as many areas of content creation as possible and reward the creators with YOYO tokens. The platforms the YOYOW network wants to cover are:
- Social media platforms. YOYOW wants to establish its platform in the manner of Steemit, then develop it to be a large social network like Facebook and Twitter.
- Blogging platforms. Bloggers create massive written content, which can be rewarded with YOYO tokens.
- Encyclopedia platforms. This is another example of large text-based content that can be rewarded with tokens.
- Forum platforms. With respect to forum platforms, the YOYOW network will reward the users with the highest ratings.
- Q&A platforms. The team behind YOYO believes that ‘Question & Answer’ online platforms don’t reward the best answers. The developers plan to use YOYO tokens to change this and incentivize users to participate.
- Traditional websites. For traditional websites, YOYOW wants to switch ad revenue to token rewards for the content created.
- Video and live streaming platforms. The approach to rewarding video content and live streaming is the same as with the previous platforms. The better the quality of the content, the more tokens they will receive.
- Content aggregation platforms. For these platforms, YOYOW wants to make an embedded repost function to push relevant content to readers and reward the content creators.
What to consider when buying YOYO
If you consider buying YOYO or other cryptocurrencies, make sure you understand the risks involved. Here are some points to consider when deciding whether to buy YOYO tokens:
- Supply. According to CoinMarketCap, the circulating supply of YOYO tokens in March 2018 was 244,409,119 tokens. The total supply is 300,000,000.
- Use. YOYO tokens are used to reward content creators on the YOYOW platform.
- White paper. If you want to read more about the YOYOW platform and its tokens, you can check out its white paper.
- Availability.YOYO is available on several exchanges, some of which accept fiat currency deposits.
- Market competition. What YOYOW is trying to accomplish has already been done to some extent by Steemit, the platform behind the STEEM token. At the beginning of 2018, according to CoinMarketCap, STEEM had a $1 billion market capitalization as opposed to YOYOW’s $30 million.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
EnjinX Marketplace review and guide
EnjinX is an NFT Marketplace where assets can be purchased with ENJ. Enjin builds next-gen games using Ethereum based NFTs.
Crypto.com NFT Marketplace Review and Guide
Crypto.com NFT marketplace stands out as a beginner-friendly NFT marketplace that can be accessed by almost everyone in the world.
eBay NFTs review and guide
A deep dive into eBay’s foray into the NFT ecosystem, looking at everything from available categories to potential drawbacks.
Niftex is an innovative NFT platform that allows users to fractionalize NFTs. Find out how fractionalization works, what the advantages are.
Plant vs Undead: How to play to earn
Read our in-depth guide to the play-to-earn world of cryptocurrencies with Plant vs Undead. Learn how to plant, buy tools and make money – all while having fun with crypto
When should you sell your Bitcoin?
With Bitcoin poised to set a new price record, is it time to sell? Here’s what to consider.
Bitcoin ETFs: Invest in crypto without buying crypto
Bitcoin ETFs are coming to the NYSE; the first arrive today, They’re an alternative to directly investing in crypto.
Binance NFT Marketplace Review and Guide
The Binance NFT Marketplace offers one of the safest NFT marketplaces for creating, buying and selling NFTs.
How to buy Ethereum (ETH) with a Credit Card
Credit cards are a popular way for buying Ethereum (ETH). Learn how you can do the same by reading this guide.
How to buy Solana (SOL) in 5 steps
Learn how to buy Solana (SOL) with this step-by-step guide and compare various supported cryptocurrency exchanges.
Ask an Expert