Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Yield Guild Games (YGG)
Learn how to buy Yield Guild Games (YGG) in our step-by-step guide.
Yield Guild Games (YGG) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $46,689,935.
Yield Guild Games is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today YGG is trading for $0.251943, which is slightly down from yesterday's trading price of $0.2564182158. Yield Guild Games's seen a decrease of -91% over the past year.
So before you buy Yield Guild Games, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can use to buy Yield Guild Games.
How to buy Yield Guild Games in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Yield Guild Games is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit USD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, card and bank payments are widely accepted.
Buy Yield Guild GamesYou can now exchange your funds for Yield Guild Games. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Yield Guild Games to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Yield Guild Games
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade YGG by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this Yield Guild Games guide up-to-date
- YGG price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- Yield Guild Games performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
- Key information on coins and how to buy them is regularly reviewed by our editorial team of James Edwards, Frank Corva and Billy Endres.
- Our coin coverage and exchange information is regularly reviewed by our publishing experts Louise Vinciguerra and Molly Wiltshire-Bridle.
How do I find the best places to buy Yield Guild Games?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Yield Guild Games?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Yield Guild Games.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing YGG with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Yield Guild Games?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy YGG with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy YGG:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase YGG by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for YGG on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Yield Guild Games?
The easiest way to buy YGG is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best Yield Guild Games wallets to store your YGG
You can keep your YGG on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your YGG below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is Yield Guild Games a good investment?
Altcoin investments can be extremely risky. That is why it is crucial to evaluate both the token and the associated protocol. Here are a few factors to consider before investing in YGG:
- Unique staking model: Yield Guild Games DAO offers several YGG vaults that represent a unique token distribution program for specific gaming activities. The revenue generated is distributed to all stakers supporting that program. For example, if an investor stakes YGG tokens on the ZED RUN Breeding Vault, the investor will earn a portion of the revenue generated from the DAO’s breeding and rental of ZED NFTs.
- Responsible for yield-generating assets: The DAO focuses on investing in yield-generating assets. These assets are carefully selected by YGG token holders. It is, therefore, the responsibility of YGG token holders to ensure that the DAOs treasury maintains a decent operating cash flow. However, P2E gaming is a young sector, which places uncertainty around the sustainability of games that offer high yields.
- Governance: All YGG token holders can submit or vote on proposals regarding the DAO’s technology, projects, products, token distribution, and even the structure of the governance system itself. This means that all developments of the DAO are not controlled by one single entity. Yield Guild Games is completely decentralized.
- Token supply: YGG has a maximum supply of 1 billion tokens. These tokens are scheduled to distribute over multiple phases. The last set of tokens will be released sometime in 2026-27. No tokens will ever be created thereafter.
- Backers: The YGG DAO is backed by industry-leading names including Animoca Brands, Polygon, Delphi Digital, and Aleksander Larsen of Sky Mavis. Having established names backing the Yield Guild Games DAO could help to encourage user adoption and, therefore, increase demand for the YGG token.
- Competitors: The DAO is currently leading the gaming guilds niche in crypto. However, there are a few smaller competitors that are trying to take market share. These include Good Games Guild, Merit Circle, and Unix Gaming. Yield Guild Games will need to continually innovate to stay ahead of the competition.
Today's Yield Guild Games price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Yield Guild Games ($0.251943 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $11.17 on November 20, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer YGG is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell Yield Guild Games?You can convert or sell your YGG with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have YGG on.
- If you store your Yield Guild Games in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of YGG you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Yield Guild Games.
- Complete your transaction and move your YGG to a wallet for storage.
Get started with crypto
Crypto exchanges and wallets
Learn how to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy FTX (FTT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy FTX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FTT.
How to buy Sushi (SUSHI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sushi, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUSHI.
How to buy UMA (UMA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy UMA, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on UMA.
How to buy Maker (MKR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Maker, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MKR.
How to buy Serum (SRM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Serum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SRM.
How to buy Reserve Rights (RSR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Reserve Rights, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on RSR.
How to buy Alpha Venture DAO (ALPHA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Alpha Venture DAO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALPHA.
How to buy Nexus Mutual (NXM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nexus Mutual, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NXM.
How to buy Voyager VGX (VGX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Voyager VGX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on VGX.
How to buy Curve DAO (CRV)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Curve DAO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CRV.
Ask an Expert