Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy xDAI Stake (STAKE) in the US
A beginner's guide to buying and selling STAKE in the US.
How to buy xDAI Stake
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying xDAI Stake.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports STAKE.
Jump to our instructions to learn how to bridge — just remember that using a DEX can be complicated and may be more risky than using a CEX.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy xDAI Stake.
- Buy xDAI Stake.
Complete your xDAI Stake purchase and then find the best wallet to store STAKE.
What is xDAI Stake?
xDai is essentially an Ethereum side-chain that is designed to help in the facilitation of fast yet inexpensive transactions. The protocol makes use of a proof-of-stake governance framework as well as employs a dual token model.
xDAI Stake (STAKE) is the 538th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $69,273,122. The current price of xDAI Stake is $9.89, which is -1.611% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $10.1 and $9.83 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 19, 2021 11:10 UTC.
Where to buy xDAI StakeIf STAKE is not available on exchanges in your local market, then you may need to use a decentralized exchange (DEX). Decentralized exchanges run on blockchains like Ethereum and allow users to trade directly with one another without the need for a middleman.
Decentralized exchanges are unregulated and run on autonomous pieces of code known as dApps. To use a dApp you interact with the blockchain directly, which is not recommended for novice users. Please learn about decentraalized exchanges first if you're unfamiliar.
- Find STAKE on a decentraalized exchange and make sure xDAI Stake can be traded for ETH which is the native asset of Ethereum. Popular DEXs include:
- Buy ETH to trade for STAKE – you can find check a list of exchanges that sell ETH.
- Transfer the ETH into a personal wallet to trade for STAKE using a web 3.0 wallet like MetaMask to connect to the DEX.
xDAI Stake at a glance
|Total STAKE supply||8,654,470|
|All time high||US$43.00|
|All time high date||February 21, 2021|
|Notable team members||Igor Barinov|
|Token uses||Governance, staking|
xDAI Stake price performance over time
How to sell xDAI Stake
You can cash out your STAKE with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have STAKE on.
If you store your xDAI Stake in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of STAKE you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of xDAI Stake.
What to consider when buying xDAI StakeBelow are the aspects you should consider before investing in STAKE:
- Relatively cheap and fast transactions: xDai is a derivative of MakerDAO’s native stablecoin offering (i.e. DAI). When making use of xDai, users can facilitate transactions at really cheap rates — US$0.000021 per tx — within a matter of seconds.
- Strong leadership: xDai (STAKE) is the brainchild of Igor Barinov, who is also the founder of the POA Network, a project that seeks to optimize Ethereum's scalability and overall functionality. In the past, he has been associated with a number of other prominent startups such as BlockScout, Block Notary and TokenBridge.
- Operational model: Network participants who own significant amounts of the xDai token can become network validators, thus securing the platform through their efforts. Holders are also afforded the ability to participate in determining network consensus as well as stake their xDai in order to receive passive income streams.
- Staking: The xDai platform makes use of a public POSDAO and DPoS mechanism, thereby allowing any individual with enough STAKE tokens to run a node within the network.
Coins similar to Xdai stake (stake)
Xdai stake (stake) in news
Nearly 70% of Dogecoin ($DOGE) Holders Are In Profit, Data Shows
How Bitcoin Grants "The Highest Degree Of Assurances" To Holders
Coinbase Becomes Exclusive Cryptocurrency Platform for NBA, WNBA, USA Basketball
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including xDAI Stake, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of STAKE is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the xDAI Stake or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy dYdX (DYDX) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the dYdX (DYDX) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Columbus-5 Terra upgrade: LUNA’s deflationary moment explained
On September 30, Terra mainnet upgrade Columbus-5 is set to bring a new wave of functionality and investment to Terra and Cosmos.
How to buy Monsta Infinite (MONI) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Monsta Infinite (MONI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenized on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.
What is Rarible? Review and guide
Buy and sell unique digital assets on the largest NFT marketplace in the crypto space.
How to buy Quickswap (QUICK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Quickswap (QUICK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bytecoin (BCN) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bytecoin (BCN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Sapchain (SAP) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Sapchain (SAP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert