Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Vulcan Forged (PYR)
Learn how to buy Vulcan Forged (PYR) in our step-by-step guide.
Vulcan Forged (PYR) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $84,771,705.
Vulcan Forged is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today PYR is trading for $3.55, which is slightly down from yesterday's trading price of $3.64. Vulcan Forged's seen a decrease of -64% over the past year.
So before you buy Vulcan Forged, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can use to buy Vulcan Forged.
How to buy Vulcan Forged in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Vulcan Forged is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit using the payment method that best suits you – credit card, debit card, bank transfer (sepa) and bank transfer payments are widely accepted.
Buy Vulcan ForgedYou can now exchange your funds for Vulcan Forged. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Vulcan Forged to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Vulcan Forged
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade PYR by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this Vulcan Forged guide up-to-date
- PYR price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- Vulcan Forged performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
- Key information on coins and how to buy them is regularly reviewed by our editorial team of James Edwards, Frank Corva and Billy Endres.
- Our coin coverage and exchange information is regularly reviewed by our publishing experts Louise Vinciguerra and Molly Wiltshire-Bridle.
How do I find the best places to buy Vulcan Forged?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Vulcan Forged?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Vulcan Forged.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing PYR with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Vulcan Forged?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy PYR with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy PYR:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase PYR by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for PYR on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Vulcan Forged?
The easiest way to buy PYR is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best Vulcan Forged wallets to store your PYR
You can keep your PYR on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your PYR below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is Vulcan Forged a good investment?
All altcoin investments should be considered for potential upsides and potential downsides. It is, therefore, crucial to evaluate both the token and associated protocol. Here are a few factors to consider before investing in PYR:
- Gaming ecosystem: Besides VulcanVerse, which was created by developers behind the Vulcan Forged platform, community members have gone on to launch additional native games. Native games include Block Babies, GeoCats, Vulcan Chess, Forge Arena, and Coddle Pets. The adoption by community members is encouraging to see and the variety of games may attract more users in comparison to other GameFi platforms that focus on one genre of game.
- Staking rewards: Users can stake PYR tokens in the native Myforge wallet to earn LAVA rewards. The longer that a user stakes, the more rewards that are generated.
- Land staking: Users can also level up pieces of land within the VulcanVerse by staking PYR tokens. If tokens remain staked, VulcanVerse land will retain its associated level. If PYR tokens are removed, a user’s land will revert back to its previous level. As the adoption of the VulcanVerse increases, the demand for PYR could grow accordingly as more users seek to upgrade parcels of digital land.
- Scalability: Vulcan Forged and the PYR token run on Ethereum’s layer-2 scaling solution network, Polygon. The use of Polygon’s infrastructure means players can enjoy fast and cheap transactions whether in-game or in the native marketplace. Quick and low-cost transactions are crucial to the wider adoption of a gaming protocol.
- Centralized governance: The Vulcan Forged ecosystem is currently run and operated by a private organisation based in Singapore. The entity has not yet made any announcements to suggest that a decentralized autonomous organisation (DAO) could be created in the future to surrender control. The platform will likely remain centralized for the foreseeable future.
- Token supply: PYR has a maximum supply of 50 million tokens. 20 million tokens were released via an initial liquidity offering (ILO). A further 10 million will be released gradually over a four-year period to reward pools. A further 14.5 million will act as a reserve and will remain locked for several years. The team behind the project is set to take 2.5 million of the PYR supply, which will be released gradually over 10 years starting in March 2024. This slow-release should ensure that significant selling pressure does not enter the market at any one time.
- Competition: GameFi – the combination of decentralized finance (DeFi) and gaming - is one of the hottest sectors in crypto. As a result, there is no shortage of competitors for Vulcan Forged - both old and new. Vulcan Forged will need to compete with projects such as Gala Games, Enjin, Axie Infinity, and MOBOX.
Today's Vulcan Forged price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Vulcan Forged ($3.55 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $49.24 on December 01, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer PYR is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell Vulcan Forged?You can convert or sell your PYR with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have PYR on.
- If you store your Vulcan Forged in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of PYR you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Vulcan Forged.
- Complete your transaction and move your PYR to a wallet for storage.
Get started with crypto
Crypto exchanges and wallets
Learn how to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy FTX (FTT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy FTX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FTT.
How to buy Sushi (SUSHI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sushi, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUSHI.
How to buy UMA (UMA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy UMA, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on UMA.
How to buy Maker (MKR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Maker, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MKR.
How to buy Serum (SRM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Serum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SRM.
How to buy Reserve Rights (RSR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Reserve Rights, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on RSR.
How to buy Alpha Venture DAO (ALPHA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Alpha Venture DAO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALPHA.
How to buy Nexus Mutual (NXM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nexus Mutual, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NXM.
How to buy Voyager VGX (VGX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Voyager VGX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on VGX.
How to buy Curve DAO (CRV)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Curve DAO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CRV.
Ask an Expert