Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Voyager Token (VGX) in the US
Learn how to buy Voyager Token (VGX) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
Where to buy Voyager Token
It looks like VGX may not be available to purchase on an exchange in the US.
You can still purchase VGX by using a decentralized exchange (DEX) instead. Decentralized exchanges are web applications that run on blockchains like Ethereum and allow users to trade any asset directly with one another.
Decentralized exchanges (DEX) are unregulated and run using autonomous pieces of code known as smart contracts. To use a DEX you must interact with the blockchain directly, which is not recommended for novice users. Please learn about decentralized exchanges first if you're unfamiliar.
How to purchase VGX using a decentralized exchange.
- Find VGX on a decentralized exchange and make sure Voyager Token can be traded for ETH which is the native asset of Ethereum. Popular DEXs include Uniswap, SushiSwap and 1INCH.
- Buy ETH to trade for VGX using an exchange like Gemini. You will need to purchase enough ETH to swap for VGX as well as ETH to pay for transaction fees on the Ethereum network (known as gas). You can use a service like Etherscan to get an idea of how much gas fees currently cost.
- Transfer the ETH into a web 3.0 wallet like MetaMask to connect to the DEX.
- Trade ETH for VGX on the DEX of your choice, following the instructions on screen. Make sure to leave enough ETH in your wallet to pay for gas.
- Wait for the transaction to finalize and the VGX tokens will arrive in your wallet.
- You may now keep the tokens in your web 3.0 wallet or transfer them somewhere more secure like a hardware wallet.
You can follow the same process when you want to sell your tokens, or come back to this page to see if they can now be traded on an exchange in the US.
What to consider when buying Voyager TokenBelow are the aspects you should consider before investing in VGX:
- Regulated: One of the most striking aspects of the Voyager trading platform is that it is owned by a listed Canadian firm called Voyager Digital Ltd. The company is touted to have a market capitalization of around $600 million and says it is regulated according to local Canadian laws.
- Passive income opportunities: In addition to providing users with a commission-free trading experience, Voyager also enables users to earn a steady interest on their crypto investments — ranging from anywhere between 1% to 8.5% depending on the asset deposited on the platform. However, to draw interest, users are required to possess a fixed number of coins or tokens to qualify for the platform’s native rewards program.
- Wide array of assets supported: The Voyager app currently supports a total of 50+ tokens and coins using a mobile-based platform that is compatible with the iOS and Android operating systems.
- Limited functionality and customer support: One of the major drawbacks of the platform is that it is currently available for use only on smartphones and not on desktops. Also, it should be pointed out that Voyager offers limited avenues for customer support, with users only having the option of reaching out for help via the app or through email. No phone support is available at the moment.
How to sell Voyager Token
You can cash out your VGX with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have VGX on.
If you store your Voyager Token in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of VGX you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Voyager Token.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Voyager Token, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of VGX is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Voyager Token or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Pendle (PENDLE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maker and how the token will perform in the future.
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Shiba Inu on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy SpankChain (SPANK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the SpankChain (SPANK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert