How to buy Venus (XVS)
Learn how to buy Venus (XVS) in our step-by-step guide.
Venus (XVS) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $73,513,857.
Venus is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today XVS is trading for $4.82, which is slightly up from yesterday's trading price of $4.91. Venus's seen a decrease of -1% over the past year.
So before you buy Venus, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can buy Venus.
How to buy Venus in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Venus is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit USD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, card and bank payments are widely accepted.
Buy VenusYou can now exchange your funds for Venus. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Venus to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Venus
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade XVS by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this Venus guide up-to-date
How do I find the best places to buy Venus?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Venus?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Venus.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing XVS with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Venus?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy XVS with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy XVS:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase XVS by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for XVS on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Venus?
The easiest way to buy XVS is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best Venus wallets to store your XVS
You can keep your XVS on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your XVS below.
Is Venus a good investment?Below are the aspects you should consider before investing in XVS:
- Governance: XVS is essential to the Venus protocol. It is the governance token of the platform and gives users the right to make decisions related to the Venus ecosystem, including changes in platform parameters, rewards, adding new collateral and product improvement. Since there are no pre-mines for developers, founders or the Venus team, it provides XVS token holders with 100% control over the decisions and direction of the protocol. However, the only caveat is that staked XVS holders are ineligible for proposals.
- Supply: As per data from CoinMarketCap, at the time of writing, XVS has a circulating supply of 224,433,925 coins.
- USP: Venus lets users utilise high-speed transactions at a low cost by leveraging the BSC to lend or borrow collateral, earn interest on that collateral and mint stablecoins. Users with a significant portion of a stablecoin in their portfolio can buy VAI and deposit it in Venus to earn an annual percentage yield of 9.60% at the time of writing.
- Hack. Venus protocol was subject to a substantial hack in 2021, with over $200 million in funds removed from the platform.
Today's Venus price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Venus ($4.82 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $146.82 on May 10, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer XVS is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell Venus?You can convert or sell your XVS with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have XVS on.
- If you store your Venus in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of XVS you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Venus.
- Complete your transaction and move your XVS to a wallet for storage.
How to buy other cryptos
Are you visiting from outside the US?
More guides on Finder
How to buy DRAC (Ordinals) (DRAC)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy DRAC (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on DRAC.
How to buy VMPX (VMPX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy VMPX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on VMPX.
How to buy BANK (Ordinals) (BANK)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy BANK (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BANK.
How to buy ZBIT (Ordinals) (ZBIT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ZBIT (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ZBIT.
How to buy WHEE (WHEE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy WHEE, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on WHEE.
How to buy PIZA (Ordinals) (PIZA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy PIZA (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PIZA.
How to buy BISO (BISO)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy BISO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BISO.
How to buy PEPE (Ordinals) (PEPE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy PEPE (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PEPE.
How to buy ALEX Lab (ALEX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ALEX Lab, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALEX.
How to buy NALS (NALS)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy NALS, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NALS.