Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Tranchess (CHESS)
Learn how to buy Tranchess (CHESS) in our step-by-step guide.
Tranchess (CHESS) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $17,945,711.
Tranchess is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today CHESS is trading for $0.148354, which is slightly down from yesterday's trading price of $0.1600907664. Tranchess's seen a decrease of -53% over the past year.
So before you buy Tranchess, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can buy Tranchess.
How to buy Tranchess in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Tranchess is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit USD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, card and bank payments are widely accepted.
Buy TranchessYou can now exchange your funds for Tranchess. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Tranchess to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Tranchess
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade CHESS by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this Tranchess guide up-to-date
- CHESS price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- Tranchess performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
How do I find the best places to buy Tranchess?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Tranchess?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Tranchess.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing CHESS with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Tranchess?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy CHESS with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy CHESS:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase CHESS by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for CHESS on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Tranchess?
The easiest way to buy CHESS is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best Tranchess wallets to store your CHESS
You can keep your CHESS on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your CHESS below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is Tranchess a good investment?
CHESS is the native cryptocurrency of the platform and can be used for various governance related processes. Here are a few key aspects of the project worth considering before investing in it:
- Unique operational design: Tranchess’ financial framework allows users to enhance their overall yield returns without them having to incur any ‘impermanent losses’. Furthermore, the platform provides users with leveraged positions at low costs without any forced liquidation-related issues. According to Coinmarketcap Coinmarketcap fund holders don't have to be locked into any fixed contract. Lastly, the system is designed to mitigate any Oracle attack-related issues via the use of a TWAP (Time Weighted Average Price) module.
- Tokenomics:In all, only a total of 300 million CHESS tokens will ever enter into mainstream circulation. Of these coins, 50% have been set aside as client incentives, 20% for the core dev team, 20% for future/seed investors and the remaining 10% for the system’s native treasury pool.
- Solid backing team:Tranchess Protocol is the creation of Danny Chong, a fintech veteran who has previously worked for a number of mainstream giants including BNP Paribas and Societe Generale. Furthermore, other members of the platform’s dev team have been associated with companies such as Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, UBS before joining Tranchess.
- Security centric design: The platform’s smart contracts do not depend on external price feeds emanating from other smart contracts, thereby making them extremely resistant to many common issues (such as flash loan attacks). Additionally, Tranchess’ code is regularly audited by well known firms including Peckshield, Certik, Immunefi, etc.
Today's Tranchess price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Tranchess ($0.148354 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $7.91 on October 22, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer CHESS is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell Tranchess?You can convert or sell your CHESS with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have CHESS on.
- If you store your Tranchess in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of CHESS you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Tranchess.
- Complete your transaction and move your CHESS to a wallet for storage.
How to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
Whether products shown are available to you is subject to individual provider sole approval and discretion in accordance with the eligibility criteria and T&Cs on the provider website.
Are you visiting from outside the US?
More guides on Finder
How to buy DRAC (Ordinals) (DRAC)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy DRAC (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on DRAC.
How to buy VMPX (VMPX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy VMPX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on VMPX.
How to buy BANK (Ordinals) (BANK)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy BANK (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BANK.
How to buy ZBIT (Ordinals) (ZBIT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ZBIT (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ZBIT.
How to buy WHEE (WHEE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy WHEE, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on WHEE.
How to buy PIZA (Ordinals) (PIZA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy PIZA (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PIZA.
How to buy BISO (BISO)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy BISO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BISO.
How to buy PEPE (Ordinals) (PEPE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy PEPE (Ordinals), lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PEPE.
How to buy ALEX Lab (ALEX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ALEX Lab, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALEX.
How to buy NALS (NALS)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy NALS, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NALS.