Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy TerraUSD (UST) in the US
Learn how to buy TerraUSD (UST) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy TerraUSD
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy TerraUSD is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, paypal, wire transfer and credit or debit card payments are all widely accepted.
4. Buy TerraUSD
You can now exchange your funds for TerraUSD. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your TerraUSD to your personal wallet.
Where to buy TerraUSD
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade UST by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy TerraUSD
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying TerraUSD.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports UST.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy TerraUSD.
- Buy TerraUSD.
Complete your TerraUSD purchase and then find the best wallet to store UST.
What to consider when buying TerraUSDAll cryptocurrency purchases should be fully evaluated for both risk and potential upside. With regards to TerraUSD (UST), here are a few things to consider.
- Competition. Stablecoins are prominent throughout the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Tether USD (USDT) and USD Coin (USDC) own the lion’s share of the stablecoin market. UST is in direct competition with them. What sets TerraUSD’s token apart is its interchain capabilities. The tokens success will largely depend on whether other stablecoin protocols develop similar cross-chain functionality in the future.
- Use-case. Investing in a stablecoin is different to buying a volatile cryptocurrency, like Bitcoin. The purchase will not be a speculative investment with the hope that the token’s value will go up. Barring a major exploit or bug, TerraUSD will always remain pegged to $1. The UST token is primarily used to access lower fees on transactions, staking or to avoid volatility.
- Interoperability with dApps. Thanks to the associated ‘Dropship’ bridge, a major advantage of UST is its interoperability. For continued success and increased adoption, Terra will need to develop compatibility with new and existing platforms in the DeFi ecosystem.
How to sell TerraUSD
You can cash out your UST with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have UST on.
If you store your TerraUSD in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of UST you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of TerraUSD.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including TerraUSD, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of UST is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the TerraUSD or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Vigorus (VIS) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Vigorus and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Pendle (PENDLE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maker and how the token will perform in the future.
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Shiba Inu on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert