Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Telcoin (TEL)
Learn how to buy Telcoin (TEL) on 3+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Telcoin (TEL) on a cryptocurrency exchange like KuCoin. These specialized marketplaces allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Telcoin is an Ethereum-based platform that seeks to help bridge the gap between the blockchain sector and the global telecommunications industry. Here's how to buy Telcoin.
How to buy Telcoin in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Telcoin is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an account
To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, PayPal, wire transfer and credit or debit card payments are widely accepted.
You can now exchange your funds for Telcoin. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Telcoin to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Telcoin
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade TEL by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Telcoin?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in the US to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Telcoin?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Telcoin.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing TEL with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Telcoin with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy TEL with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy TEL on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase TEL by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for TEL on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Telcoin?
The easiest way to buy TEL is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying TEL, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Telcoin has been performing recently.
Best Telcoin wallets to store your TEL
You can keep your TEL on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Telcoin a good investment?If you’re thinking of buying any TEL, some of the factors you may want to consider first include:
- Payments focused: Despite what the name may suggest, Telcoin is not focused on the telecommunication market but is better thought of as a remittance platform that seeks to allow users all over the world to send and receive money without the need for any financial intermediaries (such as PayPal, WU, MoneyGram, etc) that usually charge anywhere between 4% and 10% of the total amount being transferred.
- Faster payments: While traditional payment providers may take anywhere between two and five days to complete cross-border transactions, Telcoin leverages the power of blockchain technology, allowing it to process international payments instantly at a fraction of the cost that many traditional payment providers currently charge.
- Transparency: An underrated aspect of this platform is that since it is completely decentralized, users can gain access to their funds at all times. This is in stark contrast to how money is handled traditionally — wherein a banking institution has complete custody over one’s funds.
- Incentive driven: Telecom operators that make use of the platform are afforded the ability to issue TEL coins. According to its website, these tokens can be used to dole out various incentives and can even be employed by individuals to accrue tangible discounts (related to reduced transfer fees, etc).
- Established backing team: Telcoin is the brainchild of Paul Neuner and Claude Eguienta. Neuner has been associated with the telecom industry for more than a decade now and has previously served as a tech entrepreneur, founding companies like Pangea K.K., Ikou and Sedona. Eguienta, on the other hand, holds an MS degree in computer science and is primarily focused on the development side of things — especially in relation to distributed systems.
- Platform development: Telcoin underwent a substantial overhaul to their platform in 2021, introducing two new applications and fully decentralizing the protocol. How these relatively new products are integrated and adopted will be vital to Telcoin’s success going forward.
Additional information about Telcoin can be found using our TEL analysis tools.
Today's Telcoin price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Telcoin ($0.00135198 USD) against its all-time-high price of $2020-03-13T02:24:47.992Z USD on 01 January 1970. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer TEL is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: March 13, 2020
Telcoin ATH: $0.064483
How to trade, convert or sell TelcoinYou can convert or sell your TEL with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have TEL on.
- If you store your Telcoin in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of TEL you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Telcoin.
- Complete your transaction and move your TEL to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Telcoin, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of TEL is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Telcoin or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
EthereumPoW (ETHW) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ETHW.
Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH (CBETH) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CBETH.
How to buy EthereumPoW (ETHW)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ETHW).
How to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH (CBETH)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (CBETH).
How to buy Optimism (OP)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Optimism, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on OP.
How to buy Efinity (EFI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Efinity, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on EFI.
How to buy Threshold Network (T)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Threshold Network, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on T.
How to buy UltraSafe (ULTRA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy UltraSafe, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ULTRA.
How to buy Stargate Finance (STG)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Stargate Finance, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on STG.
How to buy Step App (FITFI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Step App, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FITFI.
Ask an Expert