Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Telcoin (TEL) in the US
A beginner's guide to buying and selling TEL in the US.
How to buy Telcoin
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Telcoin.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports TEL.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Telcoin.
- Buy Telcoin.
Complete your Telcoin purchase and then find the best wallet to store TEL.
What is Telcoin?
Telcoin is an Ethereum-based platform that seeks to help bridge the gap between the blockchain sector and the global telecommunications industry. The project seeks to partner with a number of leading mobile service operators such as Verizon and AT&T in order to make the process of sending and receiving money across the globe smoother. Most people today rely on traditional cross-border remittance services such as Western Union or SWIFT; however, these avenues are not only expensive but also quite slow. Telcoin, on the other hand, offers high-speed, cheap digital payments using e-wallets and smartphone-based money apps.
Telcoin underwent a major upgrade in June 2021, launching Version 3 (V3) of its mobile platform on the Polygon network. This evolution introduced two new products to the Telcoin application — TELxchange and Send Money Smarter (SMS). According to Telcoin’s Medium the overall goal of this update was to ‘simplify contactless payments’ and fully decentralize the protocol.
TELxchange is a completely decentralized exchange that uses TEL tokens as the native currency. This platform can be used to interact with other popular DeFi protocols, and to easily swap between TEL assets directly from a bank account.
Send Money Smarter Network is an international money transfer platform that intends to deliver on Telcoin’s promise of efficient and seamless global payments.
TEL is the native cryptocurrency of the Telcoin ecosystem. It is an ERC-20 token and is basically used to facilitate all of the payments that are made using the platform.
Telcoin (TEL) is the 105th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $1,104,180,858. The current price of Telcoin is $0.01927374, which is -0.001% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.02021926 and $0.01899014 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 23, 2021 01:10 UTC.
Where to buy Telcoin
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade TEL by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy Telcoin?
The technical analysis gauge for Telcoin displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of Telcoin based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of Telcoin: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how TEL performs.
Telcoin at a glance
|Total TEL supply||100,000,000,000|
|Notable team members||Claude Eguienta, Paul Neuner|
|Partnerships||ECPay, Vimo, LinkAja|
Telcoin price performance over time
How to sell Telcoin
You can cash out your TEL with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have TEL on.
If you store your Telcoin in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of TEL you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Telcoin.
What to consider when buying TelcoinIf you’re thinking of buying any TEL, some of the factors you may want to consider first include:
- Payments focused: Despite what the name may suggest, Telcoin is not focused on the telecommunication market but is better thought of as a remittance platform that seeks to allow users all over the world to send and receive money without the need for any financial intermediaries (such as PayPal, WU, MoneyGram, etc) that usually charge anywhere between 4% and 10% of the total amount being transferred.
- Faster payments: While traditional payment providers may take anywhere between two and five days to complete cross-border transactions, Telcoin leverages the power of blockchain technology, allowing it to process international payments instantly at a fraction of the cost that many traditional payment providers currently charge.
- Transparency: An underrated aspect of this platform is that since it is completely decentralized, users can gain access to their funds at all times. This is in stark contrast to how money is handled traditionally — wherein a banking institution has complete custody over one’s funds.
- Incentive driven: Telecom operators that make use of the platform are afforded the ability to issue TEL coins. According to its website, these tokens can be used to dole out various incentives and can even be employed by individuals to accrue tangible discounts (related to reduced transfer fees, etc).
- Established backing team: Telcoin is the brainchild of Paul Neuner and Claude Eguienta. Neuner has been associated with the telecom industry for more than a decade now and has previously served as a tech entrepreneur, founding companies like Pangea K.K., Ikou and Sedona. Eguienta, on the other hand, holds an MS degree in computer science and is primarily focused on the development side of things — especially in relation to distributed systems.
- Platform development: Telcoin underwent a substantial overhaul to their platform in 2021, introducing two new applications and fully decentralizing the protocol. How these relatively new products are integrated and adopted will be vital to Telcoin’s success going forward.
Coins similar to Telcoin (TEL)
Telcoin (TEL) in news
Podcast: Growth v. Inflation, Firefighters Pension Buys Bitcoin, FTX Raises $420 Million
Bitcoin's Netscape Moment is Finally Here
What’s the effect of Bitcoin realizing gains after 4 months
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Telcoin, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of TEL is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Telcoin or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to stake Tron
Find out how to stake your TRX tokens and how Tron’s delegated proof-of-stake consensus mechanism works.
How to make NFTs
Find out all you need to create your own NFTs – the new application of blockchain technology that enables digital ownership of assets.
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Socios.com review and guide
Socios.com is a sporting app that uses blockchain technology to bring fans closer to their preferred football clubs
How to stake and earn Tezos (XTZ)
Find out how to leverage XTZ token holdings to earn interest. Stake in the Tezos blockchain or provide liquidity to a DeFi protocol.
How to buy dYdX (DYDX) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the dYdX (DYDX) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Columbus-5 Terra upgrade: LUNA’s deflationary moment explained
On September 30, Terra mainnet upgrade Columbus-5 is set to bring a new wave of functionality and investment to Terra and Cosmos.
How to buy Monsta Infinite (MONI) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Monsta Infinite (MONI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenized on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.
What is Rarible? Review and guide
Buy and sell unique digital assets on the largest NFT marketplace in the crypto space.
Ask an Expert