Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Sushi (SUSHI) in the US
Learn how to buy Sushi (SUSHI) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy Sushi
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Sushi is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, paypal, wire transfer and credit or debit card payments are all widely accepted.
4. Buy Sushi
You can now exchange your funds for Sushi. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your Sushi to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Sushi
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade SUSHI by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy Sushi
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Sushi.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports SUSHI.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Sushi.
- Buy Sushi.
Complete your Sushi purchase and then find the best wallet to store SUSHI.
What to consider when buying SushiBelow are the aspects you should consider before investing in SUSHI:
- KYC-free model: SushiSwap is a completely permissionless protocol, which basically means that anyone can make use of the platform by contributing liquidity to its native fund pools in a private, secure manner. While this may seem highly attractive on paper, a lack of know-your-customer (KYC) protocols can potentially leave one’s funds susceptible to certain third-party intrusions.
- Passive income possibilities: Much like a host of other DeFi platforms in existence today, SushiSwap allows users to draw a steady stream of passive income in lieu of them providing funds to the protocol’s native fund pools. Rewards are doled out in the form of Sushi tokens, which can later be exchanged for Ether if one so wishes to do so. In terms of the incentives that are currently on offer, a fixed 0.25% of all transactions facilitated across the platform are provided to liquidity providers while 0.05% of each tx is converted back to SUSHI and given as a reward to token holders.
- Governance framework: As pointed out earlier, SUSHI tokens are provided to liquidity providers for their efforts. These tokens can be staked in exchange for SLP tokens, the base currency that is used for the overall governance and administration of the platform.
- DeFi risks: In the past, there have been certain rug pull scams as well as cases of hackers draining funds from smart contracts in relation to certain DeFi projects. While SushiSwap has been audited by reputable firms, a total of 10 issues have previously been detected in relation to the platform. These problems do not appear to be critical but they do point to the fact that users have to be cautious and do their own research before supplying their funds to such liquidity protocols.
How to sell Sushi
You can cash out your SUSHI with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have SUSHI on.
If you store your Sushi in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of SUSHI you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Sushi.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Sushi, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of SUSHI is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Sushi or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Pendle (PENDLE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maker and how the token will perform in the future.
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Shiba Inu on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy SpankChain (SPANK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the SpankChain (SPANK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert