Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Sushi (SUSHI)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling SUSHI in the US.
How to buy Sushi
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Sushi.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports SUSHI.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Sushi.
- Buy Sushi.
Complete your Sushi purchase and then find the best wallet to store SUSHI.
What is Sushi?
SushiSwap is a decentralized finance (DeFi) platform that incentivizes users for providing liquidity to its native fund pools. In this regard, it bears mentioning that rewards are provided in the form of SUSHI, an ERC-20 token, that is the native cryptocurrency of the platform that is used for the governance of the protocol as well.
In terms of its design, SushiSwap’s core code draws heavily from other DeFi protocols, such as Uniswap, Compound, etc. As a result, some critics have referred to the platform as being a scam. That said, in recent times, SushiSwap has undergone a number of thorough audits and reviews by reputable blockchain security firms including PeckShield and Quantstamp.
Sushi (SUSHI) is the 68th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $1,958,754,917. The current price of Sushi is $13.180, which is 4.805% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $13.440 and $11.880 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 21, 2021 06:04 UTC.
Where to buy SushiFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade SUSHI by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Sushi coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of SUSHI over time.
Sushi at a glance
|Total SUSHI supply||215,450,647|
|All time high||US$23.380|
Sushi price performance over time
How to sell Sushi
You can cash out your SUSHI with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have SUSHI on.
If you store your Sushi in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of SUSHI you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Sushi.
What to consider when buying Sushi
- KYC-free model: SushiSwap is a completely permissionless protocol, which basically means that anyone can make use of the platform by contributing liquidity to its native fund pools in a private, secure manner. While this may seem highly attractive on paper, a lack of know-your-customer (KYC) protocols can potentially leave one’s funds susceptible to certain third-party intrusions.
- Passive income possibilities: Much like a host of other DeFi platforms in existence today, SushiSwap allows users to draw a steady stream of passive income in lieu of them providing funds to the protocol’s native fund pools. Rewards are doled out in the form of Sushi tokens, which can later be exchanged for Ether if one so wishes to do so. In terms of the incentives that are currently on offer, a fixed 0.25% of all transactions facilitated across the platform are provided to liquidity providers while 0.05% of each tx is converted back to SUSHI and given as a reward to token holders.
- Governance framework: As pointed out earlier, SUSHI tokens are provided to liquidity providers for their efforts. These tokens can be staked in exchange for SLP tokens, the base currency that is used for the overall governance and administration of the platform.
- DeFi risks: In the past, there have been certain rug pull scams as well as cases of hackers draining funds from smart contracts in relation to certain DeFi projects. While SushiSwap has been audited by reputable firms, a total of 10 issues have previously been detected in relation to the platform. These problems do not appear to be critical but they do point to the fact that users have to be cautious and do their own research before supplying their funds to such liquidity protocols.
Ask an Expert