Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy SuperRare (RARE)
Learn how to buy SuperRare (RARE) in our step-by-step guide.
SuperRare (RARE) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $74,630,580.
SuperRare is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today RARE is trading for $0.121158, which is slightly down from yesterday's trading price of $0.1260355506. SuperRare's seen a decrease of -84% over the past year.
So before you buy SuperRare, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can use to buy SuperRare.
How to buy SuperRare in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy SuperRare is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit using the payment method that best suits you – bank transfer, credit card, cryptocurrency and debit card payments are widely accepted.
Buy SuperRareYou can now exchange your funds for SuperRare. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your SuperRare to your personal wallet.
Where to buy SuperRare
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade RARE by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this SuperRare guide up-to-date
- RARE price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- SuperRare performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
- Key information on coins and how to buy them is regularly reviewed by our editorial team of James Edwards, Frank Corva and Billy Endres.
- Our coin coverage and exchange information is regularly reviewed by our publishing experts Louise Vinciguerra and Molly Wiltshire-Bridle.
How do I find the best places to buy SuperRare?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy SuperRare?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading SuperRare.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing RARE with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy SuperRare?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy RARE with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy RARE:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase RARE by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for RARE on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy SuperRare?
The easiest way to buy RARE is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best SuperRare wallets to store your RARE
You can keep your RARE on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your RARE below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is SuperRare a good investment?
RARE is an integral part of the SuperRare ecosystem. However, like all altcoin investments both the token and the associated protocol should be thoroughly researched. Here are a few points to consider before placing funds into RARE:
- Marketplace competition: SuperRare is an NFT marketplace. Thanks to the popularity of NFTs there are now several marketplaces that exist within the ecosystem. While platforms such as OpenSea and Rarible command the lion’s share of trading, SuperRare has marketed itself as a high-end NFT platform and, therefore, somewhat differentiates itself from the competition. This may encourage platform use from those searching for the rarest and most unique digital artwork. Ultimately, the amount of platform use will drive demand for the RARE token and influence price.
- Governance: It is the ambition of SuperRare that the RARE token will be used to eventually control the majority of platform development - which will include deciding the artists that can list artwork on the platform. It will be in the interest of RARE token holders to choose the best artists and curate collections to the best of their ability and, therefore, increase interest in the platform.
- Tokenomics: 1 billion RARE tokens were created when launching the token in 2021. 150 million were available to the SuperRare community via airdrop. The amount of RARE allocated to each user was defined by several factors that were dependent on how often they had used the platform. The remaining tokens were distributed as follows: 40% were kept for the community treasury, 25.5% were kept for SuperRare Labs, 14.5% were kept for investors and 5% were allocated to partners.
- Sign in to the exchange you have RARE on.
- If you store your SuperRare in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of RARE you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of SuperRare.
- Complete your transaction and move your RARE to a wallet for storage.
Today's SuperRare price versus ATH
Compare today's price of SuperRare ($0.121158 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $3.64 on October 11, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer RARE is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell SuperRare?You can convert or sell your RARE with the same exchange you bought it through:
Get started with crypto
Crypto exchanges and wallets
Learn how to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy FTX (FTT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy FTX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FTT.
How to buy Sushi (SUSHI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sushi, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUSHI.
How to buy UMA (UMA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy UMA, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on UMA.
How to buy Maker (MKR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Maker, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MKR.
How to buy Serum (SRM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Serum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SRM.
How to buy Reserve Rights (RSR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Reserve Rights, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on RSR.
How to buy Alpha Venture DAO (ALPHA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Alpha Venture DAO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALPHA.
How to buy Nexus Mutual (NXM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nexus Mutual, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NXM.
How to buy Voyager VGX (VGX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Voyager VGX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on VGX.
How to buy Curve DAO (CRV)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Curve DAO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CRV.
Ask an Expert