Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Strong (STRONG)
Learn how to buy Strong (STRONG) in our step-by-step guide.
Strong (STRONG) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $2,638,792.
Strong is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today STRONG is trading for $6.61, which is slightly up from yesterday's trading price of $6.76. Strong's seen a decrease of -34% over the past year.
So before you buy Strong, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can buy Strong.
How to buy Strong in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Strong is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit USD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, card and bank payments are widely accepted.
Buy StrongYou can now exchange your funds for Strong. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Strong to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Strong
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade STRONG by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this Strong guide up-to-date
- STRONG price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- Strong performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
How do I find the best places to buy Strong?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Strong?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Strong.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing STRONG with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Strong?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy STRONG with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy STRONG:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase STRONG by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for STRONG on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Strong?
The easiest way to buy STRONG is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best Strong wallets to store your STRONG
You can keep your STRONG on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your STRONG below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is Strong a good investment?
STRONG is an integral part of the StrongBlock ecosystem. However, like all altcoin investments both the token and the associated protocol should be thoroughly researched. Here are a few points to consider before placing funds into STRONG:
- Protocol service: Node creation and operation is an activity that only the most experienced cryptocurrency users can access. As a service, StrongBlock is answering an innovative need within the cryptocurrency space. There are not many other competing protocols that offer a similar service, which could mean that StrongBlock takes a leading position in this node service sector. If the project dominates this would be positive for the native token STRONG.
- Governance: It is the ambition of StrongBlock that the STRONG token will eventually fully govern and direct the protocol. All proposals will be passed through a decentralized autonomous organisation (DAO) and voted for by community members.
- Tokenomics: 10 million STRONG tokens were created upon launch of the protocol. However, 94% were later burned in late 2020. The maximum supply of STRONG is now 528,886. Out of the remaining STRONG tokens, approximately 330,000 were held for community rewards, approximately 97,000 were kept for the creators and shareholders of the StrongBlock protocol, and approximately 101,000 were kept for developers.
- Sign in to the exchange you have STRONG on.
- If you store your Strong in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of STRONG you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Strong.
- Complete your transaction and move your STRONG to a wallet for storage.
Today's Strong price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Strong ($6.61 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $1,217.44 on October 29, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer STRONG is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell Strong?You can convert or sell your STRONG with the same exchange you bought it through:
How to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
Whether products shown are available to you is subject to individual provider sole approval and discretion in accordance with the eligibility criteria and T&Cs on the provider website.
Are you visiting from outside the US?
More guides on Finder
How to buy Sui (SUI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sui, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUI.
How to buy Pepe (PEPE)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Pepe, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on PEPE.
How to buy Arbitrum (ARB)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Arbitrum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ARB.
How to buy FTX (FTT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy FTX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FTT.
How to buy Sushi (SUSHI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sushi, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUSHI.
How to buy UMA (UMA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy UMA, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on UMA.
How to buy Maker (MKR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Maker, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MKR.
How to buy Serum (SRM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Serum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SRM.
How to buy Reserve Rights (RSR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Reserve Rights, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on RSR.
How to buy Stella (ALPHA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Stella, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALPHA.