Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy StormX (STMX)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling STMX in the US.
How to buy StormX
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying StormX.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports STMX. Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account. Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy StormX.
- Buy StormX. Complete your StormX purchase and then find the best wallet to store STMX.
What is StormX?
StormX is a mobile app and web browser extension that allows users to earn cryptocurrency cashback from their online purchases. Founded in 2015, the platform uses blockchain technology to let users earn between 0.5% and 87.5% cashback when they make purchases at partner retailers.
Once you download the StormX iOS or Android app, or install its Chrome browser extension, you can shop at over 750 online stores. You then earn cashback in the form of cryptocurrency for each purchase – the amount you earn varies depending on your membership level – and withdraw your rewards to a suitable crypto wallet once you’ve earned at least $10.
STMX is the native token of the StormX platform. An ERC-20 token on Ethereum, this token can be staked to allow users to earn higher cashback rewards. You can find more details on STMX tokens and how they work on the StormX website.
StormX (STMX) is the 190th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $318,614,883. The current price of StormX is $0.037, which is -0.004% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.042 and $0.033 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of May 17, 2021 09:05 UTC.
Where to buy StormX
Unfortunately at this time no major exchanges offer StormX. However, you may be able to purchase STMX with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Instead of buying StormX, consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
StormX coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of STMX over time.
StormX at a glance
|Total STMX supply||10,000,000,000|
StormX price performance over time!
How to sell StormX
You can cash out your STMX with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have STMX on.
If you store your StormX in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of STMX you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of StormX.
What to consider when buying StormX
Cryptocurrencies are complicated assets and also highly volatile. Buying any cryptocurrency comes with a high level of risk, so it’s essential you fully understand all the risks involved before buying STMX tokens.
Some of the factors you may like to consider before buying STMX tokens include:
- Supply. The total supply of STMX is 10 million tokens. At the time of writing (April 2021), 84% of those tokens were in circulation according to CoinMarketCap.
- Competitors. StormX is certainly not the only cashback platform competing for market share. In the crypto cashback space, platforms such as Lolli and Pei are direct competitors. There are also several platforms that operate in the traditional cashback market, so it’s worth considering whether StormX will be able to achieve success in a competitive market.
- Users. With a claimed 75,000-plus active monthly users and an Android app that has more than 80,000 reviews on the Google Play Store, StormX has something many crypto projects only dream of: actual use in the real world. However, whether this will translate to a rise in value for STMX tokens remains to be seen.
- Still being developed. The 2021 roadmap for StormX includes the development of a debit card and a focus on expanding its partner shops in the USA, South Korea, Asia and Europe. It’s also worth checking which shops the platform supports before deciding whether or not you should buy any STMX.
Ask an Expert