Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Stafi (FIS)
Learn how to buy Stafi (FIS) in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Stafi (FIS) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Huobi. These specialized marketplaces that allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Stafi (a portmanteau of staking finance) is a decentralized finance protocol designed to unlock the liquidity of staked assets. Here's how to buy Stafi.
How to buy Stafi in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Stafi is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – advcash, cryptocurrency, wire transfer and swift payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Stafi You can now exchange your funds for Stafi. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Stafi to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Stafi
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade FIS by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Stafi?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in the US to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Stafi?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Stafi.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing FIS with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Stafi with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy FIS with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy FIS on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase FIS by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for FIS on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Stafi?
The easiest way to buy FIS is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying FIS, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Stafi has been performing recently.
Best Stafi wallets to store your FIS
You can keep your FIS on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Stafi a good investment?Cryptocurrencies are speculative assets and come with a high level of risk attached. It’s essential that you fully understand those risks before buying FIS or any other crypto. Some of the factors to consider if you’re thinking of buying FIS include the following:
- Competition. Stafi isn’t the only project out there that is aiming to allow users to access the liquidity of staked assets. Make sure to consider what impact competition from these other projects and platforms, such as Lido and Rocket Pool, might have on the success of Stafi.
- Token supply. As of 14 April 2021, the maximum supply of FIS is 102,245,900, with a circulating supply of ~11%.
- Roadmap. The Stafi team provides regular updates and announcements on their Medium channel. Some of these posts include updates on Stafi’s progress in regards to the objectives outlined in its roadmap, so they’re well worth reading to monitor the team’s progress. For example, in a post from January 2021, founder Liam Young revealed the reasons why Stafi had failed to achieve a couple of milestones in its Q4 2020 roadmap.
- Early days. Like so many other DeFi protocols, Stafi is still in its infancy. There’s plenty of development still to be done, so it remains to be seen whether the Stafi team can continue to meet their objectives in the months ahead.
Additional information about Stafi can be found using our FIS analysis tools.
Today's Stafi price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Stafi ($0.317486 USD) against its all-time-high price of $4.7 USD on 19 March 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer FIS is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: March 19, 2021
Stafi ATH: $4.7
How to trade, convert or sell StafiYou can convert or sell your FIS with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have FIS on.
- If you store your Stafi in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of FIS you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Stafi.
- Complete your transaction and move your FIS to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Stafi, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of FIS is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Stafi or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Terra (LUNA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Terra and how the token will perform in the future.
Wrapped Terra Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Wrapped Terra Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
tBTC (TBTC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on tBTC and how the token will perform in the future.
Shping (SHPING) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shping and how the token will perform in the future.
Orca (ORCA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Orca and how the token will perform in the future.
Pawtocol (UPI) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Pawtocol and how the token will perform in the future.
Measurable Data (MDT) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Measurable Data and how the token will perform in the future.
Moss Carbon Credit (MCO2) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Moss Carbon Credit and how the token will perform in the future.
Ask an Expert