Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Polkastarter (POLS)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling POLS in the US.
How to buy Polkastarter
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Polkastarter.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports POLS.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Polkastarter.
- Buy Polkastarter.
Complete your Polkastarter purchase and then find the best wallet to store POLS.
What is Polkastarter?
Polkastarter is a fundraising platform and decentralized exchange built on Polkadot, allowing users to facilitate transactions between different blockchains seamlessly. The platform features a DeFi protocol that enables users to raise funds using a cross-chain token pool allowing users to invest in emerging projects easily.
POLS is the native utility token of the Polkastarter ecosystem and has a total supply cap of 100 million coins. It can be used for voting on crucial governance related aspects of the protocol as well as for paying network fees. Furthermore, the digital asset can also be employed in order to earn staking rewards as well as used for liquidity mining-related purposes.
Polkastarter (POLS) is the 260th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $182,489,006. The current price of Polkastarter is $2.860, which is -6.686% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $3.070 and $2.640 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 20, 2021 10:04 UTC.
Where to buy PolkastarterFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade POLS by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Polkastarter coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of POLS over time.
Polkastarter at a glance
|Total POLS supply||100,000,000|
|All time high||US$7.510|
|All time high date||February 16, 2021|
Polkastarter price performance over time
How to sell Polkastarter
You can cash out your POLS with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have POLS on.
If you store your Polkastarter in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of POLS you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Polkastarter.
What to consider when buying Polkastarter
- Interoperability: Owing to the fact that Polkastarter has been built atop the Polkadot network, it is able to allow different blockchain protocols to communicate with each other in a highly seamless manner. Not only that, the platform also delivers fast transaction times while charging relatively low processing fees.
To be a bit more specific, Polkastarter has the ability to handle upto 160,000 transactions per second (tps) and can even scale upto the 1 million tps mark if need be.
- Sharding: Polkastarter makes use of a concept called ‘sharding’ that allows voluminous data sets to easily be broken down into smaller fragments, thus making it easier to process them. Not only that, it also allows for easier interoperability, enabling users to swap tokens between different ecosystems with relative ease.
- Governance: Individuals who own substantial sums of POLS can participate in a large number of governance centric activities related to the Polkstarter network. For example, they can vote on the different types of auctions taking place within the ecosystem as well as make changes to the platform’s native operational module.
- Reputable backing team: Daniel Stockhaus, the CEO and co-founder of Polkastarter, is a serial entrepreneur who has previously been associated with a number of established tech firms such as liGo, Olyphant, etc. Similarly, Tiago Martins, the co-founder CTO of the company, has previously worked on projects such as Colyft and Coinvision. Lastly, Danilo Carlucc, who is part of Polkastarter’s advisory board, is a famous angel investor who has previously worked for tech giants including Google and Youtube.
Ask an Expert