Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Pickle Finance (PICKLE)
Learn how to buy Pickle Finance (PICKLE) in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Pickle Finance (PICKLE) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Uphold. These specialized marketplaces allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Pickle Finance can be best thought of as a decentralized, yield-generating DeFi protocol that has been built atop the Ethereum blockchain. Here's how to buy Pickle Finance.
How to buy Pickle Finance in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Pickle Finance is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an account
To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – bank transfer, credit card, debit card and bank transfer (sepa) payments are widely accepted.
Buy Pickle Finance
You can now exchange your funds for Pickle Finance. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Pickle Finance to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Pickle Finance
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade PICKLE by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Pickle Finance?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in the US to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Pickle Finance?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Pickle Finance.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing PICKLE with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Pickle Finance with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy PICKLE with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy PICKLE on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase PICKLE by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for PICKLE on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Pickle Finance?
The easiest way to buy PICKLE is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying PICKLE, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Pickle Finance has been performing recently.
Best Pickle Finance wallets to store your PICKLE
You can keep your PICKLE on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Recent Pickle Finance developments
November 2020: Pickle Finance was exploited, with the DeFi protocol announcing it lost approximately US$20 million in funds.https://coingeek.com/defi-project-pickle-finance-exploited-for-20-million/
Is Pickle Finance a good investment?Below are the aspects you should consider before investing in PICKLE:
- Unique operational model: Pickle Jars, i.e. the liquidity pools that allow users to deposit their tokens within the platform, make use of various niche trading strategies (such as the use of leveraged flash loans) so as to generate maximum income for their owners as well as the protocol.
- Governance: The Pickle Finance protocol makes use of a “Quadratic voting” based governance framework. As part of this system, each eligible network participant is provided with a collection of votes (instead of a single vote) which can be used to affect the outcome of a proposed change within the ecosystem. For example, if a person feels strongly about a particular issue affecting the platform, the individual can dedicate more of their votes towards initiating changes in that direction.
- Inflationary supply system: Unlike hard-capped crypto assets like Bitcoin, the number of PICKLE tokens that can ever come into existence is essentially limitless. As per the official project whitepaper, a total of 1.29% tokens will continually be added to the currency’s supply stream each year.
- Potential security concerns: Even though Pickle Finance has previously undergone a number of audits by blockchain security firms including MixBites and Haechi Audit, the protocol was faced with a security breach last November, where miscreants were able to manipulate one of the platform’s smart contracts, stealing nearly 20 million DAI in the process.
- No team details known: The team behind Pickle is totally anonymous, with a majority of the funds supplied to the protocol directly being managed by multi-signature wallets owned by these nameless, faceless individuals. And even though the platform’s dealings have been quite transparent thus far, it is essential that potential users bear such things in mind before investing big in the platform.
Additional information about Pickle Finance can be found using our PICKLE analysis tools.
Today's Pickle Finance price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Pickle Finance ($1.28 USD) against its all-time-high price of $85.24 USD on 14 September 2020. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer PICKLE is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: September 14, 2020
Pickle Finance ATH: $85.24
How to trade, convert or sell Pickle FinanceYou can convert or sell your PICKLE with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have PICKLE on.
- If you store your Pickle Finance in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of PICKLE you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Pickle Finance.
- Complete your transaction and move your PICKLE to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Pickle Finance, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of PICKLE is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Pickle Finance or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
EthereumPoW (ETHW) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ETHW.
Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH (CBETH) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CBETH.
How to buy EthereumPoW (ETHW)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ETHW).
How to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH (CBETH)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (CBETH).
How to buy Optimism (OP)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Optimism, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on OP.
How to buy Efinity (EFI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Efinity, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on EFI.
How to buy Threshold Network (T)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Threshold Network, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on T.
How to buy UltraSafe (ULTRA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy UltraSafe, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ULTRA.
How to buy Stargate Finance (STG)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Stargate Finance, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on STG.
How to buy Step App (FITFI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Step App, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FITFI.
Ask an Expert