Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Pickle Finance (PICKLE)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling PICKLE in the US.
How to buy Pickle Finance
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Pickle Finance.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports PICKLE.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Pickle Finance.
- Buy Pickle Finance.
Complete your Pickle Finance purchase and then find the best wallet to store PICKLE.
What is Pickle Finance?
Pickle Finance can be best thought of as a decentralized, yield-generating DeFi protocol that has been built atop the Ethereum blockchain. Its primary purpose is to help stabilize the value of various stablecoins – such as USDT, USDC, DAI – by helping them maintain their 1:1 US dollar backing ratio by providing platform users with incentives to sell stablecoins that are above-peg and purchase those that are below.
PICKLE is the native ERC-20 token which is rewarded for providing liquidity and can be staked to earn additional rewards or participate in governance. It is also worth noting that there is no hard cap on the total number of PICKLE tokens that can ever be created. As such, new coins (1 PICKLE) are minted whenever a new ETH block is mined.
Pickle Finance (PICKLE) is the 895th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $15,447,797. The current price of Pickle Finance is $16.240, which is -1.947% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $16.860 and $15.260 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 21, 2021 06:04 UTC.
Where to buy Pickle Finance
Unfortunately at this time no major exchanges offer Pickle Finance. However, you may be able to purchase PICKLE with another cryptocurrency, just be sure you're following all legal restrictions and requirements.
Instead of buying Pickle Finance, consider buying a different cryptocurrency after comparing popular exchanges.
Pickle Finance coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of PICKLE over time.
Pickle Finance at a glance
|Total PICKLE supply||1,377,541|
|All time high||US$85.240|
Pickle Finance price performance over time
How to sell Pickle Finance
You can cash out your PICKLE with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have PICKLE on.
If you store your Pickle Finance in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of PICKLE you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Pickle Finance.
What to consider when buying Pickle Finance
- Unique operational model: Pickle Jars, i.e. the liquidity pools that allow users to deposit their tokens within the platform, make use of various niche trading strategies (such as the use of leveraged flash loans) so as to generate maximum income for their owners as well as the protocol.
- Governance: The Pickle Finance protocol makes use of a “Quadratic voting” based governance framework. As part of this system, each eligible network participant is provided with a collection of votes (instead of a single vote) which can be used to affect the outcome of a proposed change within the ecosystem.
For example, if a person feels strongly about a particular issue affecting the platform, the individual can dedicate more of their votes towards initiating changes in that direction.
- Inflationary supply system: Unlike hard-capped crypto assets like Bitcoin, the number of PICKLE tokens that can ever come into existence is essentially limitless. As per the official project whitepaper, a total of 1.29% tokens will continually be added to the currency’s supply stream each year.
- Potential security concerns: Even though Pickle Finance has previously undergone a number of audits by blockchain security firms including MixBites and Haechi Audit, the protocol was faced with a security breach last November, whereby miscreants were able to manipulate one of the platform’s smart contracts, stealing nearly 20 million DAI in the process.
- No team details known: The team behind Pickle is totally anonymous, with a majority of the funds supplied to the protocol directly being managed by multi-signature wallets owned by these nameless, faceless individuals.
And even though the platform’s dealings have been quite transparent thus far, it is essential that potential users bear such things in mind before investing big in the platform.
Ask an Expert