Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Numeraire (NMR) in the US
A beginner's guide to buying and selling NMR in the US.
How to buy Numeraire
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Numeraire.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports NMR.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Numeraire.
- Buy Numeraire.
Complete your Numeraire purchase and then find the best wallet to store NMR.
What is Numeraire?
According to CoinSwitch, Numerai is an Ethereum-based platform that allows data aggregators and researchers to devise novel machine learning tools and prediction models with ease. It can also act as a hedge fund that relies on the data and predictions produced by its participants. Numeraire (NMR) is the native cryptocurrency of the platform. The currency has a total supply cap of 11,000,000 tokens and is used to secure the network using a proof-of-stake (PoS) consensus mechanism. It can also be staked by owners in return for rewards and other incentives.
Numeraire (NMR) is the 259th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $252,224,990. The current price of Numeraire is $43.16, which is -1.613% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $47.12 and $43.14 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 24, 2021 02:10 UTC.
Where to buy Numeraire
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade NMR by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy Numeraire?
The technical analysis gauge for Numeraire displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of Numeraire based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of Numeraire: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how NMR performs.
Numeraire at a glance
|Total NMR supply||10,971,315|
|All time high||US$93.15|
|Notable team members||Richard Craib|
|Industry||Machine learning / stock market prediction|
|Token uses||Utility token|
Numeraire price performance over time
How to sell Numeraire
You can cash out your NMR with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have NMR on.
If you store your Numeraire in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of NMR you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Numeraire.
What to consider when buying NumeraireIf you’re thinking of buying any NMR, some of the factors you may want to consider first include:
- Competition-centered design: According to CoinMarketCap, Numerai hosts a competition on a weekly basis wherein participants — i.e. data analysts — are required to make use of the data provided to them in order to come up with a financial model that is then tested in real-world markets for a period of three weeks. After this time period, the scientists responsible for creating the top 100 performing models are provided with incentives (in the form of BTC).
- Unique operational set-up: As a hedge-fund operation, Numerai is designed to help incentivize data analysts to come up with novel financial models using encrypted info that is automatically provided to them.
- The platform utilizes a unique mix of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence and cryptography to achieve its goals (all while providing users with a high level of data security).
- Established team of backers: Numerai is the brainchild of Richard Craib, a graduate of Cornell University. He is well known for his various innovative approaches to hedge-fund management. In fact, as a result of his technical acumen, he was named to the Forbes' "30 under 30" list. Additionally, the company also has on its board the co-founder of Coinbase Fred Ehrsam as well as the founder of Polychain Capital Olaf Carlson-Wee and Kaggie board member Ash Fontana.
- Incentive-based operations: One of the core value propositions of the NMR token is that it is doled out to researchers whose models deliver decent results in the above-stated Numerai tournaments. What this basically suggests is that as more and more people continue to enter these tournaments, the token’s intrinsic value will increase.
Coins similar to Numeraire (NMR)
Numeraire (NMR) in news
CryptoDragons: NFT Eggs Today, Earning Dragons Tomorrow
Binance Coin, XRP, Tron Price Analysis: 24 October
Shiba Inu (SHIB) Jumps 50% To ATH Amid Robinhood Rumors
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Numeraire, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of NMR is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Numeraire or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to stake Tron
Find out how to stake your TRX tokens and how Tron’s delegated proof-of-stake consensus mechanism works.
How to make NFTs
Find out all you need to create your own NFTs – the new application of blockchain technology that enables digital ownership of assets.
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Socios.com review and guide
Socios.com is a sporting app that uses blockchain technology to bring fans closer to their preferred football clubs
How to stake and earn Tezos (XTZ)
Find out how to leverage XTZ token holdings to earn interest. Stake in the Tezos blockchain or provide liquidity to a DeFi protocol.
How to buy dYdX (DYDX) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the dYdX (DYDX) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Columbus-5 Terra upgrade: LUNA’s deflationary moment explained
On September 30, Terra mainnet upgrade Columbus-5 is set to bring a new wave of functionality and investment to Terra and Cosmos.
How to buy Monsta Infinite (MONI) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Monsta Infinite (MONI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenized on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.
What is Rarible? Review and guide
Buy and sell unique digital assets on the largest NFT marketplace in the crypto space.
Ask an Expert