Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Mirror Protocol (MIR) in the US
Learn how to buy Mirror Protocol (MIR) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy Mirror Protocol
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Mirror Protocol is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, paypal, wire transfer and credit or debit card payments are all widely accepted.
4. Buy Mirror Protocol
You can now exchange your funds for Mirror Protocol. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your Mirror Protocol to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Mirror Protocol
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade MIR by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy Mirror Protocol
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Mirror Protocol.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports MIR.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Mirror Protocol.
- Buy Mirror Protocol.
Complete your Mirror Protocol purchase and then find the best wallet to store MIR.
What to consider when buying Mirror ProtocolBefore purchasing any cryptocurrency, an accurate evaluation of both the token and the associated platform should be completed. With regards to Mirror Protocol, here are a few things to look into.
- Staking. To earn the most interest from MIR, tokens need to be used for trading mAssets and staking within the Mirror Protocol system. This process can be complex for beginners in the cryptocurrency world and has its own risks that need to be considered.
- Accessibility. One of Mirror Protocol’s most appealing attributes is its interoperability. Users can trade mAssets and buy/swap MIR tokens on a number of different blockchains and DeFi platforms, including Binance Smart Chain (PancakeSwap), Ethereum (Uniswap), Terra (Terraswap) and Mirror Protocol’s own dapp. Continued progression of interoperability is a good sign for investors in MIR. To acquire the token, an investor currently needs to swap another cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin or USDT.
- Governance. Some DeFi platforms can take a while to implement a fully decentralised system; however, Mirror Protocol has been decentralised from day one. Voting on proposals and general governance is controlled by all token holders. The platform’s direction is shaped by the community.
- Competition. Creating synthetic assets that give users exposure to real-world items is an idea growing in popularity. The Synthetix platform is a direct competitor, and there are plenty of future projects lined up, such as Linear Finance and Deus Finance.
How to sell Mirror Protocol
You can cash out your MIR with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have MIR on.
If you store your Mirror Protocol in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of MIR you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Mirror Protocol.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Mirror Protocol, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of MIR is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Mirror Protocol or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Pendle (PENDLE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maker and how the token will perform in the future.
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Shiba Inu on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy SpankChain (SPANK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the SpankChain (SPANK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert