Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy mStable Governance Token: Meta (MTA)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling MTA in the US.
How to buy mStable Governance Token: Meta
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying mStable Governance Token: Meta.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports MTA.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy mStable Governance Token: Meta.
- Buy mStable Governance Token: Meta.
Complete your mStable Governance Token: Meta purchase and then find the best wallet to store MTA.
What's in this guide?
- How to buy mStable Governance Token: Meta
- What is mStable Governance Token: Meta?
- Where to buy mStable Governance Token: Meta
- Price tracker
- mStable Governance Token: Meta at a glance
- Price performance over time
- How to sell mStable Governance Token: Meta
- What to consider when buying mStable Governance Token: Meta
What is mStable Governance Token: Meta?
Released in Q2 2020, mStable is essentially a decentralized protocol that seeks to unite stablecoins with a number of DeFi options such as lending, and swapping using a uniform operational standard. The protocol is totally permissionless and provides developers with an SDK (software development kit) for the creation of dApps and exchanges all while offering zero slippage swaps.
META is the native cryptocurrency of the mStable platform. It has three primary functions, i.e. to serve as the core source of re-collateralization within the platform, to facilitate various governance-related activities within the ecosystem and to incentivize liquidity providers.
mStable Governance Token: Meta (MTA) is the 457th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $69,476,024. The current price of mStable Governance Token: Meta is $2.790, which is 4.825% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $2.830 and $2.640 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 21, 2021 05:04 UTC.
Where to buy mStable Governance Token: MetaFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade MTA by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
mStable Governance Token: Meta coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of MTA over time.
mStable Governance Token: Meta at a glance
|Total MTA supply||100,000,000|
|All time high||US$11.030|
|All time high date||August 31, 2020|
mStable Governance Token: Meta price performance over time
How to sell mStable Governance Token: Meta
You can cash out your MTA with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have MTA on.
If you store your mStable Governance Token: Meta in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of MTA you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of mStable Governance Token: Meta.
What to consider when buying mStable Governance Token: Meta
- Incentives: The creators of mStable have allocated a whopping 20,000,000 META tokens – i.e. 20% of the currency's total supply – for the issuance of various rewards and incentives. This massive reward pool can be tapped into by platform users in exchange for providing liquidity or in return for various lending-related activities.
- Governors: META holders, especially those individuals who own substantial amounts of these tokens, are referred to as "Governors" since they are responsible for setting and maintaining various risk parameters associated with the platform. In order for META holders to become Governors, they are required to stake their tokens; in return they are provided with a set interest fee as well as other incentives.
- All assets are backed: All of the digital assets that are made available on the mStable platform are backed 1:1 by their associated stablecoins as well as on-chain based. For example, to mint a USD pegged mStable asset, users are required to send an equal volume of one of the following stablecoins: USDC, TUSD, USDT, USDC, GUSD, DAI, in order to maintain a high degree of liquidity and trust.
- Established team: mStable is the brainchild of James Simpson and Henrik Andersson. The two met when they were working at Apollo Capital (one of the world's largest digital asset managers) with Simpson serving as an investment analyst there and Andersson as the company's chief investment officer (CIO).
Ask an Expert