Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Kava Swap (SWP)
Learn how to buy Kava Swap (SWP) in our step-by-step guide.
Kava Swap (SWP) is in the top 1,000 cryptocurrencies by market cap, valued at $4,822,144.
Kava Swap is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today SWP is trading for $0.03241015, which is slightly down from yesterday's trading price of $0.0332486545. Kava Swap's seen a decrease of -98% over the past year.
So before you buy Kava Swap, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal, regulatory and tax status here in the US.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions and a list of platforms you can use to buy Kava Swap.
How to buy Kava Swap in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Kava Swap is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an accountTo create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit USD using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, card and bank payments are widely accepted.
Buy Kava SwapYou can now exchange your funds for Kava Swap. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Kava Swap to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Kava Swap
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade SWP by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How we keep this Kava Swap guide up-to-date
- SWP price data is regularly updated through data feeds so you always have the latest information.
- Kava Swap performance data is regularly updated using automated comparisons and AI systems built by our technical experts Zak Killermann and Helen Hu.
- Key information on coins and how to buy them is regularly reviewed by our editorial team of James Edwards, Frank Corva and Billy Endres.
- Our coin coverage and exchange information is regularly reviewed by our publishing experts Louise Vinciguerra and Molly Wiltshire-Bridle.
How do I find the best places to buy Kava Swap?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Kava Swap?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Kava Swap.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing SWP with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What are the best ways to buy Kava Swap?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy SWP with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are some popular ways to to buy SWP:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase SWP by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for SWP on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Kava Swap?
The easiest way to buy SWP is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Best Kava Swap wallets to store your SWP
You can keep your SWP on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your SWP below.
Disclaimer: This page is not financial advice or an endorsement of digital assets, providers or services. Digital assets are volatile and risky, and past performance is no guarantee of future results. Potential regulations or policies can affect their availability and services provided. Talk with a financial professional before making a decision. Finder or the author may own cryptocurrency discussed on this page.
Is Kava Swap a good investment?
Before any cryptocurrency purchase, it is always best practice to perform due diligence on both the token and the associated platform. Here we have outlined a few factors which investors should keep in mind before buying SWP:
- Tokenomics. Upon the release of SWP tokens, there was a maximum supply of 250M tokens. A portion of this supply was aidropped to early adopters of the Kava DeFi ecosystem, with participants providing USDX to Kava’s HARD protocol receiving a ratable share of SWP.
- Broader Kava ecosystem. Kava Swap is just one DeFi application that is part of the broader Kava ecosystem. If you are considering investing in SWP, it is worthwhile ensuring you’re across the various services and projects Kava has to offer. There are three other key applications that should be noted. The first is the primary Kava platform, which acts as a hub for a number of DeFi solutions. Then, there is the Kava Mint application, which allows investors to borrow USDX. Finally, there’s the Kava Lend protocol, which lets users both borrow and lend a range of assets on the Kava network. The fortunes of Kava Swap and its native SWP token will likely be partially informed by the Kava ecosystem’s performance and adoption as a whole.
- Limited functionality. Investors should be aware that, while SWP tokens are used for governing the Kava Swap platform, they do not give voting rights for the other applications within the Kava ecosystem. Those wishing to participate in the other Kava applications will need to purchase KAVA (Kava Mint) or HARD (Kava Lend) tokens.
Today's Kava Swap price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Kava Swap ($0.03241015 USD) against its all-time high (ATH) price of $3.46 on November 17, 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer SWP is to reaching its ATH again.
How do I trade, convert or sell Kava Swap?You can convert or sell your SWP with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have SWP on.
- If you store your Kava Swap in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of SWP you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Kava Swap.
- Complete your transaction and move your SWP to a wallet for storage.
Get started with crypto
Crypto exchanges and wallets
Learn how to buy other cryptos
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy FTX (FTT)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy FTX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on FTT.
How to buy Sushi (SUSHI)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sushi, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SUSHI.
How to buy UMA (UMA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy UMA, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on UMA.
How to buy Maker (MKR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Maker, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on MKR.
How to buy Serum (SRM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Serum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SRM.
How to buy Reserve Rights (RSR)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Reserve Rights, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on RSR.
How to buy Alpha Venture DAO (ALPHA)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Alpha Venture DAO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ALPHA.
How to buy Nexus Mutual (NXM)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nexus Mutual, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on NXM.
How to buy Voyager VGX (VGX)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Voyager VGX, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on VGX.
How to buy Curve DAO (CRV)
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Curve DAO, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CRV.
Ask an Expert