Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy IRISnet (IRIS)
Learn how to buy IRISnet (IRIS) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy IRISnet
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy IRISnet is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – credit card, cryptocurrency, paypal and transferwise payments are all widely accepted.
4. Buy IRISnet
You can now exchange your funds for IRISnet. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your IRISnet to your personal wallet.
Where to buy IRISnet
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade IRIS by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy IRISnet
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying IRISnet.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports IRIS.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy IRISnet.
- Buy IRISnet.
Complete your IRISnet purchase and then find the best wallet to store IRIS.
What to consider when buying IRISnetBefore you add IRIS to your investment portfolio, you should consider these factors:
- Technical backing: The protocol is developed using the technical expertise of Bianjie AI, a high-tech firm based in China, and Tendermint, the creators of the Cosmos project. It's also involved in China’s Blockchain Service Network, which is the state-backed blockchain project. Such backing reduces the chance of failure and improves the chances of mass adoption.
- Liquidity: Due to the backing this project has, its native token IRIS is listed on major crypto exchanges such as Binance, Huobi Global, Crypto.com and Gate.io, which ensures that there is robust liquidity for this token. Due to China’s involvement in this project, it initially focussed on the Chinese and Korean markets, but is now expanding its reach into global markets.
- Governance: IRIS is also the governance token of the protocol. It has an integral role in its governance. The overall total supply has a 4% inflation rate since the validators are distributed block rewards. The inflation rate is decided through on-chain governance via token holders.
How to sell IRISnet
You can cash out your IRIS with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have IRIS on.
If you store your IRISnet in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of IRIS you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of IRISnet.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including IRISnet, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of IRIS is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the IRISnet or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Vigorus (VIS) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Vigorus and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Pendle (PENDLE)
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Pendle (PENDLE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Huobi Global Futures: How to trade BTC and ETH
Learn everything there is to know about Huobi futures and trading cryptos with leverage.
Maker (MKR) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maker and how the token will perform in the future.
ZenGo wallet review
ZenGo is an innovative mobile crypto wallet that allows users to retain custody while offering easy access.
How to stake and earn Kusama (KSM)
Staking is the process of locking up KSM tokens in a wallet to earn rewards. Read on to find out how and where you can stake KSM tokens.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide explores the different ways of buying Shiba Inu on a cryptocurrency exchange as well as where you should store your cryptocurrency.
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
How to buy Hempcoin (THC)
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hempcoin (THC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy The ChampCoin (TCC)
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the The (ChampCoin) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert