Finder may earn compensation from partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How to buy Hive (HIVE) in the US
A beginner's guide to buying and selling HIVE in the US.
How to buy Hive
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Hive.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports HIVE.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Hive.
- Buy Hive.
Complete your Hive purchase and then find the best wallet to store HIVE.
What is Hive?
Hive is an open-source blockchain designed to serve as a decentralized information-sharing network. According to the Hive website, its aim is to increase the adoption of cryptocurrencies and decentralized platforms by offering rapid processing speeds, with fee-less transactions.
Hive already hosts a wide array of decentralized applications (dapps) and wants to be one of the prominent development blockchains in the Web 3.0 Internet. Thanks to its unique operational set-up, it is able to ensure that the ecosystem can support a wide array of content creators, investors and developers.
The HIVE token is the native cryptocurrency of the platform. It can be used for facilitating internal transactions as well as for securing the network by staking in the platform's Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) protocol.
Hive (HIVE) is the 247th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $272,011,030. The current price of Hive is $0.757458, which is -2.156% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.83384 and $0.758623 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 17, 2021 09:10 UTC.
Where to buy Hive
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade HIVE by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy Hive?
The technical analysis gauge for Hive displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of Hive based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of Hive: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how HIVE performs.
Hive at a glance
|All time high||US$1.48|
|Token uses||Utility token|
Hive price performance over time
How to sell Hive
You can cash out your HIVE with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have HIVE on.
If you store your Hive in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of HIVE you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Hive.
What to consider when buying HiveBefore investing in HIVE, it's important to understand all aspects of the associated platform and any potential risks.
- Tokenomics: The HIVE token has a decreasing inflation rate, which means that fewer HIVE tokens are minted with time. The minting rate decreases by 0.01% every 250,000 blocks of the Hive blockchain. This is equivalent to 0.5% per year. Although implementing a decreasing inflation rate, the project states that there is no upper limit to HIVE token supply.
- Solid founding team: The project was founded by Olivier Roussy Newton (co-founder and president) and Harry Pokrandt (co-founder and CEO). In the past, Newton has worked for many major tech firms and co-founded peripheral crypto projects including DeFi Holdings, Valour and Exponential Genomics Inc. (Xenomics). Similarly, Pokrandt was previously an executive for Sandspring Resources.
- Transparency: All protocol changes that are initiated within the Hive network are proposed and developed via a collaborative process that involves a massive amount of network participation. All of the proposed changes are open source-based, which means they can be traced by anyone from their initiation phase to their final deployment.
- Industry partnerships: Since its launch, Hive has made agreements with several prominent firms operating within the cryptocurrency space. The HIVE token can be acquired via a number of reputable trading platforms including Bittrex, Huobi, Binance, BitThumb, GOPAX, UpBit and WazirX.
Coins similar to Hive (hive)
Hive (hive) in news
Why investors are not entirely sold on investing in a Bitcoin futures ETF
Ukraine Is the Most Crypto-Aware Country Followed by Russia and the US: Survey
Coinbase Publishes Proposal for Crypto Regulation Pushing 4 Core Recommendations
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Hive, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of HIVE is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Hive or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy dYdX (DYDX) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the dYdX (DYDX) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Columbus-5 Terra upgrade: LUNA’s deflationary moment explained
On September 30, Terra mainnet upgrade Columbus-5 is set to bring a new wave of functionality and investment to Terra and Cosmos.
How to buy Monsta Infinite (MONI) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Monsta Infinite (MONI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenized on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.
What is Rarible? Review and guide
Buy and sell unique digital assets on the largest NFT marketplace in the crypto space.
How to buy Quickswap (QUICK) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Quickswap (QUICK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bytecoin (BCN) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bytecoin (BCN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Sapchain (SAP) in the US
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Sapchain (SAP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert